$244
$162
$249
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$183
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$220
  • Beachfront
$209
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$286
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
3,722 results
All reviewscasa magnalas casitaschampions sports barvictor aguilarbreakfast buffetmarina areaswim up barocean viewchief conciergeshort walk to the marinapool conciergegreat poolclose to the airportbell staffminutes from the airportcab ridejapanese restaurant
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Room 2071 is clearly the worst room at the Marriott. I'm not sure what garden it has a view of; mostly just the air handlers for the laundry room which were blowing lint all over the "garden" yesterday. The worst part is that it is right next to a maintenance room used for storage and mixing of paints and solvents. The smell was overwhelming at times and we asked the workers to close the doors several times. We asked management for help but they never did anything about it so we just dealt with it. I think the maids were in disbelief that the room was rented as it was only cleaned earlier than 4pm once.

Now, about the beach...sand is great and it is obvious they have put a lot of effort into keeping it less rocky. What was a surprise were the "las pulgas". These nasty little crustaceans (no-see-ums, sand fleas, hoppers) were everywhere. We go to Mex all the time and have never had as much as a nibble before. After day 1 our legs were covered in bites that turn into red welts and itch like a mother. Be cautious of these because the hotel does not even acknowledge their presence. My wife had at least 70 of them and I am still having them appear magically as I write this in Colorado. Pretty sure they hitched a ride in my clothes.

I will say that the pool staff is great, the food is really good, and the location next to the marina is great for restaurants and bars away from the Malecon.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Bigmatt156
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed at this resort for my birthday but unfortunately encountered several issues that made my vacation end early. There were several issues with the spa that with the price of the services (high) should have been take care of, for example our massage at the beach was uncomfortable because the tent was is poor and not working condition so one of the sides didnt close well and the sun was right in my face during all of the massage which made it difficult to relax, then in the spa showers I happened to pump a portion of shampoo which smell egg rotten which I applied to my hair until I noticed I suppose they hadnt checked this, however a spa should be all about the experience and this was not relaxing at all it took a full day to get the bad odor from my hair and again I think that with the prices they charge for a service they should not be thrifty and put bulk shampoo into old pumps and just use the hotel amenity brand for the spa guests as well. Finally I have to tell you that unfortunately before going into the spa to check in for our 2 o clock service I twisted my ankle on the last step of the stairs at the main access to the spa, which I measured to be almost two inches taller than the rest, I fell to the floor and just couldn't walk again for the rest of the trip so my trip was ruined but the saddest thing was that they weren't accommodating at all after I received my injury I still remember they called my room to offer getting some medicine for me at room charge. Very sad response to an unfortunate accident caused by an architectural error and in turn by the hotel.

I guess this is how issues are handled in Mexico, they dont really care about legal issues with customers so they may build and keep things in bad shape with no remorse.

Please avoid the spa at this hotel and be careful were you step because even if its the hotels responsibility they wont help you out and will keep things the same way when you leave.

Ps. food was good and rooms were nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bllsa
casamagnamarriottPVR, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you for your comments and sharing your feedback on your experience at our hotel. Please accept our apology for the service you experienced. We would like to discuss them in detail with you at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at +52 322 22 60010 or email me at teresa.paredes@marriotthotels.com . Please refer to this review when contacting us.

Thank you again for your comments; we are always looking to improve our service

Teresa Paredes
Director or Rooms Operations

Reviewed March 25, 2011

My wife and I and two teenage daughters stayed here over sping break. This is a very beautiful property, and as billed is a family resort. We were concerned about rowdy sping breakers, but nothing to worry about. We did the "Inclusive Plan," using marriott points, and it was well worth it. The food everywhere was incredible. I'm still working off the pounds gained. Entire staff was so friendly and helpful. The weather was great. It wasn't the season for releasing baby turtles, but for some reason they had some hatch and we got to release one each! I have read some reviews that said the staff was rude, and other bad experiences. Honestly, I think they were talking about another hotel. We had no complaints. The only draw back I could think of would be the food prices - a bit high, but we did the "Inclusive," so all was good. We might have gone off property some if we were on our own for the food. The breakfast buffet was incredible and as authentically mexican as you want it to be. Las Casitas is the best for dinner. They will bring lunch and drinks to you on the beach or at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Nice place with typical resort amenities. Noise from marble and glass hallway woke us up in the morning and during naps. Food prices at this resort are higher than what you pay at a Marriott in USA. Breakfast buffet at Estancia is great and should be part of your hotel package, otherwise, not a great value at $25. Night-time dining was a disappointment with most food overcooked and expensive. The resort is quiet compared to those downtown. Taxi to downtown is about $8.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This was our second stay with the Marriott in Puerto Vallarta, and will not be our last. We celebrated our anniversary with them again and were not disappointed. The hotel is staffed with quite friendly people and it is not hard to feel a connection with them. It may be showing its age in some aspects, but its location is quite convenient to the Marina and the airport. Their greatest asset is the staff. They are happy and more than accomodating. It may be on the pricey side for drinks and food, but you get what you pay for.. we have recommended this hotel to our friends. We have not done AI, so cannot speak to that as far as value. The pool is very nice and the beach venders only are an issue if you sit closer to the beach. We will certainly return to this hote.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple