“Great excursion!”

Las Caletas Day Tour from Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Lots of things to do. Snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, lounging by the beach. Good food. We swam with sea lions and held monkeys and mccaws. Great service! Don't miss this experience.

1  Thank Brian T
Write a ReviewReviews (3,586)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"water activities"
in 64 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013

What a great day tour for all ages, especially those with kids, even though we were two baby boomer couples. Beautiful beach location just south of PV between Boca and Yelapa, with tons of included and extra price water and land activities, as well as the free booze and food. We loved the warm water, included breakfast and lunch, entertaining boat trip out & back, animals (monkey, boa, parrots), and bonus when we saw numerous times the humpback whales hanging out in PV bay. But what stands out most for us was the wonderful Vallarta Adventures service staff, led by their cruise director leader Victor, who all worked very hard on keeping us happy, entertained, and educated throughout the trip. Nicely done team. Thanks so much. P.S., there's also a night tour which we hear is a nice alternative too.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was a wonderful place to be during the day! The ride out was great, the staff were friendly and kind, open bar and so many things to do at Las Caletas! After a great lunch, snorkeling, learn to paddle board, just float on an intertube, nature walks, or for extra $ you can learn to PowerSnorkel, Scuba Dive or swim with Seals. I loved this one!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friend and I just got back and were very disappointed. I am very easy going but the pictures does no justice . first off one of the women in charge said she had medication for anyone feeling sick from the boat . I of course gor super sick and when I asked for a pill from the guide he said he does not have any and is not allowed to give us any , nor did he have any tiger balm which helps . He did give me some kinda of water tho and that's it . we got to the island and it is set up nicely . but the water is not clear at all and was super choppy . this place is great for kids as they can zip line and play in the water and go paddle boarding but for two women in their 30's we were very disappointed. The food did not have much choice coming from a semi vegetarian . and so I opted for salad . the beach area is very small filled with chairs and not much sun . The guide never asked me once how I was feeling when he saw me again . I think the night visit to the island would be a lot cooler to see as its all lite up . on the way back I bought a pill from the shop owner for ten pesos . any rate I would have bought it . Again on the boat and just Lyed down the whole time knowing this pill is keeping everything down as we rocked back and forth . Also it was 98$ plus the taxi ride there and back which should be included . I would recommend this tour for parents with kids . the cool part was me holding a python and a monkey for about 3.5 sec
Not my kind of day as I could have been by the ocean at my resort not sick with lots of sun and a nice view . the rock formations were cool but I'm well traveled so it did no justice to anywhere in Asia . Not satisfied

2  Thank Smilz2011
AdventuresGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Vallarta Adventures - Las Caletas Beach Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hi Smilz2011, thank you for your comments. We really regret you didn't have a more satisfactory experience. Must of our customers; with kids or no kids have a great time. We understand that feeling sick in one part of the trip might ruin the rest, but for safety reasons we do not provide any kind of medication or tiger balm of sorts to prevent any possible allergic reaction.

As far as food, we provide a great selection of choices for all kinds of diets and take special request before hand. This includes: chicken, beef, fish, shrimp, various salads and an amazing desserts table.

Earlier this month, the water was crystal clear but recently a red tide has started coming up on the area and affects water visibility drastically. We sincerely hope there was something we could do about this. Thank you very much again for your insight on the experience, we appreciate all kinds of reviews and thrive on improving every aspect of our operation.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We went on the beach hideaway tour offered by Vallarta Tours. Very well done. Entertainment on the boat to and from the island was well done, and drinks were never empty. It takes about an hour to get from the marina to the area, but they keep you entertained along the way. Once you arrive, you are instructed on the "do's and don'ts" of the island, the biggest don't is no snorkeling after lunch, and the type of services offered as some are not included. They have a spa, scuba diving, and power snorkeling that are additional fees. Snorkeling masks and fins are included, but if you want your own snorkel, you can purchase one for $5. We opted to rent the power snorkels, where a guide takes you for about an hour and instructs you on the use, as well as shows you a few areas where the fish like to congregate. They even had a sea horse in the neighbourhood!!
Lunch is very well prepared, good selection, and served around 1:30. Congregating everyone into different sections is helpful, and prior to getting off the boat they ask for your party number to have your table prepared in advance. Just a note, couples get the best seats ocean side as that is where most of the tables for 2 are. Very nice to eat lunch ocean side.

All in all, very well organized and good experience. Beware of purchasing the whole picture package they offer you for $40 unless you don't mind strangers vacation pictures on the memory stick as well. We had to sift through 900 pics to find ours.

2  Thank TorontoPrincess11