The property and rooms are beautiful. The location is good if you like a master planned feel. I would stay there again; however, my stay was not up to expectations for a hotel such as the Westin.
I just returned from a Memorial Day Weekend stay and service was a bit off. Upon checkin things took a down turn. I booked my stay through Expedia and had paid for an "Ocean View Room" which was more than a Standard Room. Upon check-in I presented my Starwood Gold Membership card and asked about any available upgrades. While checking in the Front Desk Staff continued to accept calls while attempting to check me in. After waiting over 5 minutes, the Front Desk Staff Person indicated that I was not going to get the Ocean View Room I paid for and was not going to get an upgrade. This person explained to me that I have an Expedia problem and to contact them....I did. Expedia contacted the hotel promptly and the next day I was back at the front desk asking about my Ocean View Room. A different Front Desk Staff took care of my inquiry.....sort of. He asked me three times whether or not I could see the Ocean from my room. I explained to him three times that I see palm trees and palm frawns from my room and not the Ocean View Room I paid for through Expedia. He asked if I was prepared to move rooms now - I said YES. I got the Ocean View Room I paid for. Beautiful room, great views and on the 11th floor.
I sent Laundry out the first night and did not see it until I started making inquiries on the 3rd day as to where it was.
The phone in the new room did not ring and I received voicemails as opposed to direct calls to the room. I notified the Front Desk....it was never fixed during my stay.
The Restaurant on the pool level is below par for a Westin. On my last day there I arrived at 11:40 AM for breakfast, noted that the Menu said the restaurant served Breakfast until 12:00 PM, however, was told by the waiter that the kitchen was preparing for lunch and I could have the Breakfast Buffet instead. Pretty bad food for $22.00 per person.
Great property, beuatiful rooms and view (if you pay for it and get it), great location and I would stay there again.....I just think it was a bit busy considering it was Memorial Day weekend and I will give this place another chance during my next stay in Puerto Vallarta.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta