The Westin is a beautiful property with a very open feel to it. The pool has a very pleasing design and is surrounded by palm trees. The grounds are well maintained. Because of this, the view from the balcony of the hotel rooms is spectacular.
Before I went I was trying to decide between the Westin and the Casa Magna. I walked over to the Casa Magna and was glad that I chose the Westin. The pool area is not near as nice at the Casa Magna. Also, the Casa Magna does not have an open feel to it. The only thing I saw better at the Casa Magna was that the floors are marbel whereas they are orange tile at the Westin. The Casa Magna is not a bad hotel, it is just not as nice as the Westin.
These reviews helped me learn a lot about the hotels. It is true that the Westin is very noisy at night - the bar on the beach plays loud music. I was so tired from walking around the city, I was able to sleep through it.
The Westin (and the Casa Magna) are located in the Marina. It is a great location. There are many small restaurants over looking yahts floating in the marina. When you go downtown, you can take the bus ride for only 4 pesos.
It is true that timeshare pressure is relentless throughout PV. Just tell them right away that you are not interested and walk away. Be on guard: in PV everyone is trying to get you to buy something.
One thing that disappointed me is that the Westin charges to use the gym ($5 per person) and the tennis courts ($10 per hour). I thought that this was unfair because I was already paying full price for the room.
Restaurants in the Centro I recommend: Pipi's, La Valintina, and the River restaurant (below the bridge). The food was excellent and I didn't get sick.
One thing that surprised me about PV: in the afternoon winds start to blow, and the whole place cools down quite a bit. I went to PV at the beginning of March. In the middle of the day the temperature was in the 70s, but when the winds started blowing in the late afternoon, the temperature seemed to drop into the 60s.
One tip: The vans at the airport are a rip off. Do not get into a van. Go out onto the street and catch a cab there. We paid $26 to go in a van from the airport to the Marina, but on the way back we took a taxi which charged us only $3.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta