I stayed here in one of the penthouse suites on the 14th floor, which are two-story townhouses. The unit was very large, and we especially liked having two full bathrooms on separate levels. The balconies offered fantastic views of the Ocean, Old Town, the grounds, and the Bay. I would probably pick a junior suite next time to get the wide balcony as this seems more useful. We never used the hot tub, and it looked like it could use a deep cleaning. Beds were super comfortable, and the quality of the sheets, towels, and bathrobes were up to standards. Never ran out of hot water in the large walk-in showers. Very quiet in the room and at night, never had any trouble sleeping. Air conditioning worked flawlessly. Internet was included - but only because we were Starwood Platinum Guests, otherwise it's over $20USD a day - and you have to keep logging on because the system times you out often. Breakfast was $25per person ($15 b/c we received a Platinum Credit).
Breakfast with my coffee by the poolside was one of my favorite parts of the day. The restaurant by the pool offered an excellent breakfast buffet complete with an omelette bar. They were able make egg white omelettes, which are my favorite, and they offered a few lunch items such as pork pazole, and then there was the lineup of fresh fruit, yogurt/granola/cereal station, fresh pastries and salad items, pancakes, french toast, cold cuts etc. Many of the items mirrored the local cuisine, which was fantastic.
The on-site gym offered a decent selection of equipment, and we were able to get in our complete workouts with a little improvising. But the moist air is starting to rust the equipment, and the exercise balls could need to be inflated on a regular basis. But probably the best hotel gym based on equipment options that I've seen so far. The spa with steam-room and sauna looked great.
The grounds are beautiful and the pool is amazing. We spent most of our days at the grassy cabana area by the beach bar, sipping on drinks while listening to the ocean. The lounge chairs were quite comfortable. Service from the staff was fantastic, but they need more help with the volume of guests at the beach side bar. And the quality of the drinks is my only big complaint about the property. The alcohol that they use is so cheap it tastes awful. If you order a mixed drink, you can probably drown the taste out, but it's a shame to be in the Tequila capital and not have top shelf quality liquors such as Patron.
I would absolutely stay here again - but next time in a Junior Suite; and I would probably skip the drinks until they get better liquor.
-------------------------------My recommendations to the hotel are:----------------------------------------------------
1. Hire a host and rope off the side entrances to the breakfast buffet so you can ensure that guests are seated in an orderly fashion, and only after the staff has had a chance to refresh the tables.
2. Add top shelf quality liquors to your bars, especially at the beach side. The drinks are bad because the liquor is cheap.
3. It's time to upgrade the gym equipment. Get rid of the treadmills and add some Hammer Strength Machines. This will really set you apart from other properties.
4. Add complimentary internet and breakfast to all guests, most hotels now offer this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm of a vibrant Mexican city from accommodations at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta. Our beachside resort in Puerto Vallarta sits just 15 minutes from downtown, where you'll find quaint cobblestone streets, lively shops, excellent dining, and a pulsating nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Westin
- Westin Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Westin Resort Puerto Vallarta