The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Great”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed at Westin for a weekend fishing trip. Hotel was very accomodivative and wonderful. Staff and rooms are great. We caught several tuna ( one was 80 lbs) we had about 35 lbs of tuna and Mahi Mahi filets and the hotel froze our fish for transport home at no charge. We will go back and stay at the Westin. Food at hotel is mediocre but staff gladly recommended some great in the marina area and downtown.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
cristina_castillo, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your vacation in our hotel. It looks that you got great pleasure fishing and having fun. It is wonderful.

We appreciate your feedback about our food and beverage menu; I would like to inform you that we are changing are menus very soon, and they look very attractive

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Our very best regards

Eduardo Ballesteros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 14 nights at this hotel and it was a nice experience overall. We had a nice room with a large balcony and great views of the pool and the ocean. The rooms could use a bit of updating as the are starting to show their age. Not sure what those shutters are about that separates the washroom and the bedroom. Very odd no privacy.
The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
And best of all its oet friendly

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolobrigida
cristina_castillo, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta. It was a log stay and I am sure you have enjoyed the view from your balcony.

We appreciate your feedback in regards the rooms; we are doing a maintenance program every year and I am sure that this should be resolved very soon.

I agree with you about people in Puerto Vallarta being very friendly, this magical destination has been named the friendliest destination in the World by Conde Nast Magazine; we are very proud of our people, they make a big difference.

Be well

Seattle, WA, USA
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Westin PV is an OK property, with all the basics (views, beach, gym, pool). However, the property has changed little over the years, and is starting to show its age. From the dated room interiors, to the exterior surfaces badly in need of a refresh, the hotel is aging and feels only marginally well maintained.
The Westin PV also fails to get the "extras" right -- internet is super expensive but slow (1.5 mbps ?!); the pool chairs and tables are old, nasty, and stained with [--]; the coffee maker in the room is vintage 1990s, and there is a charge for both the bottled water and mediocre coffee; the towels at the pool aren't actually large enough to cover the chairs, etc. No one of these issue itself is a deal breaker, but cumulatively they add up to a guest experience that is substantially diminished ... it's never hard to tell when a property's management has slipped into indifference, and at the Westin PV the sense of management apathy is palpable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael37
Dear guest

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our resort, this feedback is very valuable and help us to improve our facilities.

We are working in a refresh program in our property and soon we will be able to post picture of the new changes.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future and experience the new differences.
Our very best regards

La Quinta, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this resort at the end of a week-long trip in Punta Mita (45 min north of PV). Looking for somewhere near the airport to spend our last night, we hotwired it at the last minute for $58. For the price we paid I guess it was okay. The property looks like it was once very nice. The "heavenly" westin bed was not enough to keep me from waking up every 15 minutes because the electronic door lock system mis-fired intermitantly. It spooked me every time because I thought that someone was breaking into out room. Additionally the neighboring hotel had a hosted pool party with a dj blasting music and talking all afternoon so my siesta didn't happen either. The pool could be nice if it were cleaned. The restaurants are nothing special. I don't think I would book this place again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel; your feedback is very important to us.

We apologize for your inconvenience with the electronic door system; we will work on this to avoid this type of situation with our future clients.

We will analyze the cleaning system of our pool to make sure it won’t happened again.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit the Westin just a few weeks ago. Let me tell you... the staff is very accommodating!! I emailed prior to our stay as I wanted to set up a few things for my husbands birthday. Not only did they assist me with setting up the room with great amenities, they also surprised us with an adorable little welcome gift for our babymoon (as we are expecting our first baby in September). Gabriella (the Front Desk Manager) is very kind, caring and impressively present (in the moment). I have corresponded with many Front Desk Managers (as I travel a lot and used to work at a hotel) and often time the managers seem to be completing 5 different tasks at once while you are trying to communicate with them. I would also like to mention Josephina, a front desk attendant. She was so kind throughout our stay and truly went above and beyond to provide us with excellent guest service. Again, I used to work in the hospitality industry and my standards for customer service are exceptionally high!

The property was nice and met our needs just fine. Great location for walking and the bus that travels Downtown even stops right outside of the hotel. Oh, I should also mention that there is an OXXO store (kind of like a 7-11) right across the street. This was a great place to buy water for a great price. You can also use $20 USD bills or lower there to convert your money into pesos.

Room Tip: Room 1109 was great :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to celebrate your husband birthday, we really appreciate it.

We are very proud of Gaby and Josephina; they truly deliver our clients promise and make you feel special.

We feel very good to learn that we exceed your expectation specialty if you are and expert in the hospitality industry, it means a lot to us.

We are looking forward to have you back at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, your new home in Mexico

San Jose, CA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We loved our stay at the Westin. We went during June when most of the Mexican tourist had not arrived (school was still in session) and not a lot of American tourist so the area, especially in the Marina area felt empty. So the lobby is beautiful and the rooms were large. We were able to get 2 adjoining rooms which worked out great. The rooms could stand a slight refresh but it was fine. Overall, we really liked all the staff. There were some miscues but nothing major….trying to get a cabana was tougher than I thought with some back and forth with the front desk. I think the fact that the place was pretty empty contributed to that. We never got her name but we had the same maid clean our rooms and she was wonderful. She left pretty towel creations like elephants, bunnies) And she thanked us for tipping… I don’t know she was supper sweet and kind.

This was our first ‘do nothing but relax’ vacation’ in a long time (versus constant sightseeing). It was wonderful. The pool is great for the kids. We ate lunch by the pool almost every day which got old pretty quick. They need to expand their menu. When we first walked over to the Marina in the morning – it was totally empty of any tourist…it was a bit shocking. We did find a great place for breakfast called Mr. Cream – probably the best waffles ever it was pure gluttony. Westin is a short walk over to the Marina. You’ll need to take a cab or bus to downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent vacation to Puerto Vallarta, it sound that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to inform you that our chef is working in creating new menus so next visit you will get a different experience.

Be well

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two consecutive weekends for business purposes. Rooms are very clean, but furniture needs some renovation. The staff is very kind, the food is just average. This will not be my first choice for a hotel if I go on vacation to Puerto Vallarta

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta in a business purpose.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and absolutely we will reinforce our maintenance program in our rooms