The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Club Regina Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)
2,018 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubheavenly bedmarina areael palmarclub reginabreakfast buffetthe club loungeshort walk to the marinaswim up barfull ocean viewclose to the airporttime sharebeautiful propertytennis courtsmain restaurantconvenience storejacuzzi on the balcony
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Westin hotels have it right all the time. On the beach near the marina in PVR . There is enough room for everyone to lounge around the 7 pools with sections for children and adults only. The sand section at the ocean is just as inviting. Lots of umbrellas, lounge chairs, cabanas, bar service around the resort constantly. The restaurants have everything on the menu and the servers are polite, friendly efficient. The rooms are spacious, with those Westin beds and sheets and towels. Definitely worth the stay again and again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary48100
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel in your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta, We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed you stay at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, your new home in Mexico

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We did a 7 night all inclusive for a reasonable amount, though wearing the wrist band soon became annoying. (Yes, this was my first time doing an all inclusive) Being Starwood Preferred Guests we were a little disappointed our first night to be on the 6th floor, although it had a decent view of the pools there was virtually no ocean view as the palm trees are very tall. We had booked a full ocean/bay view room. They were gracious and did accommodate our wish to be moved to a higher floor. We were given the option of upgrading for a fee to a jacuzzi room or take the basic room on the 11th. After looking at the rooms we opted for the basic room. The jacuzzi room's balcony was smaller (due to the jacuzzi taking up the space) with only one chair and the jacuzzi looked rather worn out and just not inviting, we didn't feel that we would use it at all so paying extra didn't make sense.
Some areas of the hotel are quite dated, but that's to be expected given it's age, overall the entire resort was well kept and clean.
The food was decent, service was excellent, staff at this hotel is wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The bellmen went out of their way to try to track the taxi that we forgot a shopping bag in, unfortunately they weren't able to, but they did try!
The jackhammer going all day at the residents pool was quite annoying but repairs have to done sometime and when better than shoulder season. Had I known that there were going to be renovations using such a noisy machine I probably would have looked elsewhere. The point of our vacation was to relax by the pool, this did put a bit of a damper on that aspect of our trip. I didn't get the opportunity to use the spa, although I did try to book a manicure / pedicure, unfortunately their lady had just quit and they hadn't hired a replacement.
Dehumidifiers in the rooms would be wonderful, not sure if they were available or not, we didn't think of asking until too late.
Overall I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Request higher than the 7th floor if you want a view of the ocean / bay. Ask for a dehumidifer unless you like to sleep in damp sheets.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank omanaomi
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the Staff and Management at the Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta; we would like to thank you for posting a review and we want to apologize for the inconvenience of the noise problem that soon will be resolved.

We are updating at a steady pace our facilities in order to satisfy our guests, once again sorry for the disturbance and thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you would recommend this resort and that you like our service and staff and remember that our home is your home in Puerto Vallarta

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The property was designed by the famed Mexican architect, de Yturbe. The design, colors, ambience are unique. Look at photos on the internet, maybe Youtubes™ to get an idea but, really, you have to stay there.

My beautiful wife and I have stayed there a number of times and the experience is always memorable. To start, it is a Starwood property and reservations with Starwood are always fun. It is obvious that they hire people based, in part, on their people skills. Almost always there is more than one way to go in booking a reservation, e.g., "all points", "cash and points", "50% off rack rate", etc.

A benefit of being a Starwood Preferred Guest is late check-out's, when available. If your flight is not departing back to the States until 5:45 but you have a 12:00 noon check-out, you have a problem.

This was the case on our last visit in March, 2013. We were able to not check out until 3:00. This time, our little group just retired to the bar, but in the past my wife and I have been able to swim up until about 30 minutes before we needed to take a taxi to the airport. The airport is less than 10 minutes away so this is very convenient.

They also let you swim after checking out, if you are a Starwood member. The "late check-out" used to be 2:00 (and I understand the new 3:00 check-out is available only if you request it and you can be accommodated). Our flights have typically not left any earlier than 4:30 and usually not until after 5;00. They always allow us to store our luggage in a room off the lobby. We can then swim for a couple of hours or more. There are rinse-off showers, to wash off sand, etc. between the pool area and the beach if you're taking one last swim in the bay; or outside the restrooms, if you are swimming in the pools.

Either way, you can change into street clothes in the restrooms Also, in the past, they've allowed us to shower in spa.

The people are warm and friendly. We've been there so many times that we now have friends there. Sure, they're paid to be friendly, but they also stay on for years at the Westin. I think this speaks volumes about working there the kind of people they hire.

As many American travelers discover, foods taste better in México. I rarely eat breakfast but I make an exceptions for our vacations in Puerto Vallarta. I had no idea how much better-tasting fruits, vegetables, nuts, cottage cheese, salsas, everything could be until, when I went through the breakfast buffet, when we were there in June 2007.

I actually enjoyed fruits again, like I haven't since I was a child. I'm sure it's because fruit is picked later in Mexico, thus it has more time to develop its natural sweetness and ripeness.

The beds in the room are the great, the trademark Westin beds.

The rooms are great. I would recommend upgrading, if your budget can handle it. However, rooms with partial or full-ocean views are just fine. After all, you're really not there so much to luxuriate in a room but to go out and do things, have fun, eat out and enjoy the sights. (We did a horseback ride that was a ton-of-fun.)

The pools are great, the swim-up bar & grill is great, the beach is right there, the views of the Bay of Banderas are great. What can I tell you?, except try it out.

Finally, you are near the marina, if that is your thing. There are a number of decent restaurants there but Puerto Vallarta is full and over-flowing with good restaurants. If you don't rent a car, the taxis are real fun and most of the drivers are friendly and helpful.

I say, if this is your first trip to PV, The Westin should be on your list, or if you have been there before and are looking for another hotel, consider the Westin. Often, we've seen weddings there as they have a whole wedding department. Youtube is full of Westin wedding videos.

I would say this, in closing, "love is in the air". Adios.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest

We love when our guests feel love is in the air when staying in our resort; thank you very much for your loyalty, we value your preference and your important feedback.

We are enchanted to read your review, our purpose is to provide memorable experiences to our guests by living every moment our westin culture.

We are looking forward to see you soon

Our best regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

From our arrival we found the best attitude from every single member of the personnel. The doorman was always gentle and helpful, same as bell staff. The hotel is situated in Marina Vallarta, a colorful and beautiful neighbourhood. Our room was ample and very well appointed; with a nice view to the pools and gardens and a partial view of the ocean. Air conditioning functioned very well. Pools and gardens are clean and ample. In all meals we had at the hotel, we found the quality of food to be excellent. So as room service. If you are driving, you will find a convenient parking lot within the hotel premises, for which they do not charge any fees, which we appreciated. I have stayed in many hotels in Puerto Vallarta, and I definitely find my experience at the Westin to be the best.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank WorldYeye
cristina_castillo, Director of Sales at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta for your vacation.

We are delighted to read your review and see how you enjoyed our facilities; we are looking forward to have you back

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Resort and Spa for one week in November 2012 for my own birthday holiday retreat. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone look for a relaxing retreat. The hotel itself is beautiful with amazing views of the beach. The rooms are well maintained decorated with mexican themes. The bathroom is spacious and has both a full soaking tub and a large shower accented with river rock details. My room had a balcony looking over the pools and the beach. Serenity at its best. The service was superb. The grounds were all well maintained and landscaped beautifully. The gym inside the hotel is more than your average hotel gym. You have plenty of cardio equipment, free weights, weight machines and a full studio to do stretches or your own routine. The location is ideal, you cal walk to the marina in about five minutes from there you have a number of restaurants and shops. I plan on visiting and staying here again, it was just that good!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hopethadon D

Dear guest

We appreciate your comments about your experience in our hotel, The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta; as you said our location is wonderful and remember that your have a ne home in Puerto Vallarta