“Good Mole”
Review of El Mole de Jovita

El Mole de Jovita
Ranked #29 of 1,031 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A mexican restaurant with autentic mexican food, the special is the mole sauce witch is made like in the past, an artesian mole that takes over a week to prepare, unique texture and a chocolate taste at the end. A very house warming atmosphere, and always a good service taken by the owners themself.
Seattle
“Good Mole”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you like mole, this is the place. We had the cucumber/mint agua fresca which was excellent.
Good blue corn tortillas as well.

• Visited September 2013

Los Altos, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mole I've ever had”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Mole de Jovita is a serious find! It's a family establishment on a somewhat busy street in the old town of PV. There are some more tourist trappy looking places in the vicinity, but don't let that fool you... this place is the real deal.

We stumbled upon the restaurant when a couple dining there raved to us as about the mole as we were walking by. The place looked cute so we decided to give it a try.

We had the Shrimp Burrito with Mole and the Green Mole Chicken Buritos. The Shrimp with the traditional mole was to die for. The owners mother makes the mole in another province (where the air is better suited for mole) in a loving process that takes 7 days. Then they bring it in every week... it is the best I've ever had. The chicken burittos with green were quite tasty as well.

Also, there Mojito's were fantastic... much better than the Mojiot's we had in places that charged twice as much.

Finally, the prices were very very reasonable, esp compared to the often over-inflated prices in other PV establishments. We had an amazing dinner for two and two rounds of drinks for 415 pesos (~$36).

Visited September 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Home made mole”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went there for our last dinner before leaving PV. It was absolutely delicious. The service was great. After speaking a little bit with the owner, we learn that mole is made from his own mother. It was the best mole I ever had. They put grilled sesame seeds on the mole, it was amazing. The mole is creamy, and we know how it hard to do mole. We try at home, and it never worked. We love great Mexican food, not tourist trap and it wasn't one. It's cheap. 70-120 pesos par persons. We shared a plate of enchiladas mole with 4 of them, it was enough. It's a must.

• Visited September 2013
“Holy Molé!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

What a find! It's low season in PV, and many places are closed. We walked past this hidden gem and decided to give it a try. We are SO GLAD we did! From the warm "welcome to my home" -like welcome to the story behind the restaurant's name-sake told with a charming smile and the sincere love for his mother, Sergio served up masterpieces made with sincere appreciation for what makes an amazing molé. The food, service, and passion for creating a tribute to his mama made you feel the love with every bite! We will be back for sure!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Always Delicious”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I always eat here a couple times when I'm in Puerto Vallarta. I love mole and this part of Mexico's not exactly known for its moles. El Mole de Jovita fills that void. You can read several other posts here to fill yourself in on the history of their moles; all you need to remember is that they are all delicious. The mole poblano, mole verde, and mole pipian (pumpkin seed) really do make you feel like you've just sat down in Puebla and not Puerto Vallarta for a meal. My first visit I had enmoladas, four tortillas filled with beef, pork, chicken, and cheese dipped in mole poblano and served topped with more of that incredible sauce; it was filling and delicious ($9.00). My second trip there started with a bowl of chicken soup - I was thinking it might be like a tlalpeno, but it was simply a bowl of delicious chicken broth full of shredded chicken, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, and rice: the perfect thing at the perfect moment that night for me ($3.75). I still had to have a mole, so I opted for the chicken breast with pipian mole. The meal was huge! The chicken literally covered have the dinner plate - add homemade blue corn tortillas, refried beans, rice, and salad, and it's no wonder I couldn't finish my meal! I did, however, manage to eat every last drop of that delicious pumpkin seed sauce ($7.75). I was happy that even during low season, there were people here in the restaurant eating like I was; it's a testament to its good cooking and lovely, caring service.

• Visited August 2013