“He disliked Mexican food until he tasted the mole...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Mole de Jovita

El Mole de Jovita
Ranked #34 of 981 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A mexican restaurant with autentic mexican food, the special is the mole sauce witch is made like in the past, an artesian mole that takes over a week to prepare, unique texture and a chocolate taste at the end. A very house warming atmosphere, and always a good service taken by the owners themself.
Connecticut
“He disliked Mexican food until he tasted the mole...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This casual, cheerful restaurant won over my "I don't like Mexican food" husband with the first bite. He would have licked his plate if he thought he could have gotten away with it. He loved the red mole, I loved the green. Whichever you choose, you'll have a fun dining experience that is a great value. A bonus is the owner, who greets you like welcome guest instead of a walking credit card. P.S. A couple of days later, when I asked my husband where he'd like to eat dinner, he didn't hesitate for a second: "Mole!"

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LetsMoveHere

Vancouver, Canada
“Very good food and good mole.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very good. I had the mole de jovita with chicken thigh and the whole plate was delicious as its perfectly covered in a great mole sauce. The service was attentive and polite. The atmosphere is also nice, particularly as its location in the old town provides some scenic seating. Priceline it's in the medium 8-17 dollar range but for what I received I felt t was certainly worth it.

1 Thank ECmed
puerto vallarta
“I am not always fond of moles but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was very, very good, and inexpensive with great service and also well located in the center of Zona Romantica

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jnsm
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pozole didn't WOW me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Ok so let me keep it real. I came here because people kept raving about the pozole. Comments stating it was super authentic etc etc....well it was good BUT not amazing. Coming from a 100% super Mexicin family from Jalisco, my mother and aunts makes this all the time and it just doesn't compare. First off $90 pesos for a small/medium plate with little meat, small hominy and lettuce topping was just not enough. We typically use cabbage as a topping not lettuce, we use "Epsinazo" meat and purple or white hominy that are fairly large in size. It's just not the same. I was preparing myself for higher expectations based on previous reviews about how authentic it is and perhaps that's why I was dissapoined. Was it good yes, would I go back NOPE. I'd rather stick to my moms pozole and eat fish tacos at Cisneros (super yummy) for a faction of the cost.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LoriCasablanca
Vancouver
“Best mole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went there last night and it was great. We each had the mole; my sister got the combination of mole on the chicken leg/ thigh, our friend did the jovita mole on the chicken leg/thigh and I did the green mole on the chicken breast. Everything was very good. The chicken breast was pounded out but still very tender and juicy. Portion sizes were perfect, two of us had leftovers. We also tried the homemade flan and it was very good. We would go back if we had some more time.

Oh forgot, the homemade blue corn tortillas were very good.

• Visited March 2013