“Excellent food!”
Review of El Mole de Jovita

El Mole de Jovita
Ranked #26 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A mexican restaurant with autentic mexican food, the special is the mole sauce witch is made like in the past, an artesian mole that takes over a week to prepare, unique texture and a chocolate taste at the end. A very house warming atmosphere, and always a good service taken by the owners themself.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great food featuring the owner's mothers mole recipe. I could have eaten there evey night we were in town. Owners Roberto and Sergio make you feel like you're dining in their home.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Like each time I'm in town, I must visit my favourite restaurants. El Mole de (Mama) Jovita is my very favourite Méxican restaurant where I eat real Méxican food, enjoy the genuine Méxican hospitality and feel like I'm in México. The restaurant specialists in its famous culinary masterpiece: the mole... (Pronounced as Mo: le:h). There is the original Mama Jovita mole, the Pipian, and the Verde... A very very difficult choice for me to decide, so I keep coming back to eat them all :-) . Each of the tree moles is very special on its own, different from the other two. Do try and decide what suits your taste best. Apart from the mole, try other delicious foods that these skilful locals prepare: I love the flan! :-)

Sergio, the owner, takes a very good care that it all runs smooth. Thanks to him, Roberto, and the rest of the staff for making this a reality! We shall keep coming back for more.

I do always highly recommend this restaurant to my friends visiting.

1  Thank VANWAAG
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We have been patrons since the doors opened here. You will not find a better mole sauce on the planet. As a straight couple with teens, we have bend treated like royalty and are always remembered. I disagree with the reviewer who felt gays couples are treated better. The owner recognizes us on the streets and always stops to say hello! He is so proud of his Trip Advisor re ignition (has framed it and shows it to all guests) because it comes from his guests. My daughter is now a vegetarian and dishes are made just for her. We eat here multiple times whenever we head to he condo! DO NOT MISS!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading all the reviews, I decided to have lunch at El Mole de Jovita and try the mole sauce. The wait staff was very nice and accommodating, but I am not a fan of the mole de jovita sauce. I ordered the combination enchiladas in mole de jovita sauce. The enchiladas were dry and the sauce was very thick. I ended up scraping the sauce off, mixing it with the fillings and discarding the tortilla's. Maybe if I would have ordered the quarter chicken in mole de jovita, it would have been better. But, I am not willing to try this restaurant again.......

Reviewed December 17, 2012

A friend recommended we go here and we were extremely happy we did. The staff is incredibly nice and treat you like family. The food is great, but if you haven't had mole sauce before, it isn't for everyone. I recommend asking for a sample plate because they have three mole sauces and they're all quite different. I, for one, loved the green mole but didn't care for the brown. They also have a third type that I can't remember the name of, but definitely get a sample plate and try for yourself. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. When you leave, you'll feel like you just ate a casual dinner with family.