“Mole, Mole !!!”
Review of El Mole de Jovita

El Mole de Jovita
Ranked #34 of 1,095 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A mexican restaurant with autentic mexican food, the special is the mole sauce witch is made like in the past, an artesian mole that takes over a week to prepare, unique texture and a chocolate taste at the end. A very house warming atmosphere, and always a good service taken by the owners themself.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been eating mole only for 12 years, the first time on my first visit to PV. Over the years I've had mostly mediocre mole from a variety of restaurants here and at home. I had my eyes opened when a woman I worked with who was from Mexico brought me some homemade mole. She then had her mother visit and I had her mole. Both were beautiful. I've been searching for that complex, layered taste experience ever since. El Mole delivers. Friendly place and just plain wonderful. Go !!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I am rarely completely impressed when I dine out so this was a WOW moment for me.

Tonight El Mole de Jovita executed their signature dish with pride, passion and jaw-dropping flavor profiles that simply made me want more. I’m a Mole-newbie; but if this is what it is supposed to taste like, bring me a lot more. My wife’s’ chicken-pablano cream sauce dish was equally amazing. Both dishes offered a nice level of spice that enhanced the flavor without setting your tongue on fire. The house-made salad and refried beans provided texture and balance to the dishes.

The service was attentive and friendly – felt a little like dining in an old friends’ place. The modest prices make it a trifecta of awesomeness. This is a neighborhood gem that will see us return at least once more. You should go too as it will truly be your loss if you don’t.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention El Mole de Jovita makes a very good Margarita as well.

8  Thank John S
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I've never thought I'd like mole, but my travel partner insisted we eat here. They offer a few variations, and the owner started by offering samples of each to help me choose. Much to my surprise I enjoyed my meal. Thanks, Roberto, for expanding my cuisine in a new direction!

1  Thank BarrydeFremont
Reviewed September 26, 2012

2 years ago we stumbled into this quaint Puerto Vallarta restaurant and based upon the meal we had, vowed to return on our next trip. It's now 2 years later and we did just that.

This is a wonderful restaurant with an extensive menu all based around the owner, Roberto Duran's mother's mole recipe. And man is it wonderful!

It is a very traditional mole so if you're not a fan of chocolate you may not like this. If you are I guarantee it's some of the best you'll ever taste!

Order the traditional mole dinner which includes a chicken leg and thigh covered in the wonderful mole and you'll fall in love!

The owner is an incredibly charismatic guy as well. Based upon how busy he is he'll spend time at your table, sharing the story of how the mole came to be, his family back near Mexico City and his history. It's truly a joy to see his enthusiasm for his craft.

3  Thank Darren K
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Jovita's Mole is THE mole anywhere you go on Mexico, the new special dish is amazing and the secret recipe mole madr by Doña Jovita is the best thing I have tried all arround Mexico

3  Thank Alvar F