“Ok, but dont hold your breath - Room 104”

Blue Chairs Resort by the Sea
Ranked #119 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“Ok, but dont hold your breath - Room 104”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Blue Chairs Resort by the Sea in December for 8 nights. The room was in my opinion just average. We've booked a ocean view room which turned out to be a "lean over the banister if you want to see the ocean room" as our room was facing the back alley. The beds were very poor quality foam mattresses in both beds and made it very difficult to have a good night sleep.

The shower was our biggest disappointment, there was no water pressure what so ever and the flow of water coming out of the showerhead was laughable barely a cup of water a minute would come out of the showerhead. I understand hotels now try very hard to help the environment and save energy, but if you guests have to go elsewhere to take a shower then you know something is definitely wrong. We ended up showering at a friend place for the rest of our stay.

Some of the bar staff were very friendly and chatty. Kudos to them.

Based on our recent stay I don't think we'll ever return to Blue Chairs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonny F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Blue Chairs is the best place in Zona Romantica to spend a day on the beach. The manager Andres keeps the staff on point so you are never looking for someone to serve another drink or deliver fresh, delicious food to your palapa. There are additional distractions at Blue Chairs after the sun goes down that may not be everyone's taste, but it would be difficult to find a more relaxing, beautiful spot to enjoy the beach in Puerto Vallarta.

Stayed December 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Booked a 90 minute massage for myself and my partner. It was a deal at 900 pesos or 75 US dollars. Both masseuses( Caesar and Fredrick) were great. Very detail and professional. They were so good, we could overlook the noise from the hotel and street. Will definitely return!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed at Blue Chairs 3rd night there went to get into safty Deposit Box at front desk, Clerk had made a second key and taken all $2800 Bucks. after demanding to speak to the Owners they came and the Next day went through the Cameras . It was THERE NIGHT CLERK and was told we would get our MONEY BACK. To this day NOTHING . Was given a $1000.00 certificate and told this is our way of saying we are sorry this is NOT ANY PART OF MONEY TAKEN . Ray went back to press charges as they told us he would have to come back and then Hotel tries to DEDUCT the Certificate from amount..... Nothing has been done and NO MONEY HAS BEEN GIVIN BACK .Employee was FIRED. I will NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN

Room Tip: Stay at the ABBEY a Great place to stay and YOU CAN TRUST THEM
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank JefferyHo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in a nearby apartment but spent several afternoons at Los Muertos beach at Blue Chairs. The staff were very attentive and thoughtful. Andres did a fantastic job of orchestrating the whole thing. The drinks were great, food was mostly average (but that's what you can expect on the beach), and the experience was fantastic. The staff made us feel right at home. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 15, 2012

First of all I read all the reviews and took a chance anyway with great aprehension. Checking in was easy enough I had prepaid for my room, no problems (the clerk happened to have lived in CA not far from where I live). My room was on the second floor (207), its a partial ocean view. The room was huge, travelling solo I needed only a king size bed. All tile room, very simple, bigger than I needed, yes the lamps seemed misplaced but the recessed light and overhead fan lamps woked fine, the room was bright. The air con worked excellent, in fact quickly frooze the room. A 32 inch flat screen TV mounted to the wall worked fine, got NY Network stations and one LA Station, also CNN, HLN, TBS, and other US cable stations, all came in clear no problems. The free WIFI in my room worked the entire 6 days I was there. Coffee maker with coffee, plus two small bottles of water daily, too bad no fridge. Huge shower, could fit 3, hot water took awhile to heat up otherwise it worked fine, pressure was lower than what I like but no big deal. Bed was firm but I prefer it that way. Maid service daily, I tipped daily. Now the construction, yes it is daily, starts around 7 does'nt end til around 8, one night concrete was being poured til 11 PM. I spent the afternoons out so it was'nt a deal breaker. The bar on the roof was okay, I don't drink alcohol so I only went once. Not interested in drag shows or pushy go-go boys (I am gay), I did not like the beach, too crowded, too noisy, I walked further south to get away. Not much in the area, a good 8 minute uphill walk to the busy commercial area with many excellent restaurants and bars. Too bad I had to walk past the numerous massage parlors and tour hawkers everyday. I don't recommend for solo person, but fine with a group, its too far from activity for my taste, but the hotel has great potential. Everyone was pleasnt and friendly, I have no complaints. If you want a slightly isolated all gay place this place is for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lakewood, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights at the Blue Chairs and would not be returning. The hotel is in need of work within the rooms. Work has been done on the bar and pool area, along with exterior. If the owner would put that much attention to the rooms, the Blue Chairs would be fabulous. We had a 2 foot by 3 foot hole in the bathroom that exposed the plumbing in the building. We informed that front desk but did not seem to alarm them. If you liking to "rough" it, Blue Chairs is the a place to stay, but there are other options available.

I want to point out that the attraction to the Blue Chairs is the beach and the wait staff on the beach.

Room Tip: Avoid staying on the 5th floor. The night club is right above you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple