This was a return trip to this "resort" as it is advertised. Originally traveling to this spot in 2000, we were excited to return and experience the fun we experienced during our first trip. The roof top club was busy and full of fun. The beach was well manicured, the thatched roof huts new and the staff very accommodating. That was then, and sadly the only part that stayed consistent was the friendly staff.
The hotel is in very poor repair. Our room was an upgraded "junior suite" which faced the ocean. Two of the windows had missing curtains, the patio door would not latch, and the place had a musty old odor that started the minute you step onto the elevator. Our towels had stains on them and the bed was like sleeping on a piece of old foam. Way over priced for the accommodations.
The beach was ok, as the service staff was very attentive. The area was crawling with beach vendors and the staff did nothing to keep them away from the "roped off area". While I am all about free enterprise, being asked to buy a blanket, jewelry, carved wooden owls, hats and any number of other trinkets proved taxing on our patients as it was constant from the minute we sat in our blue chair.
As others have enjoyed this property, I would not recommend unless you get an incredibly cheap rate and drink a lot of Tequila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Chairs Resort is located on the beachfront in the "Romantic Zone" of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico, just a few short blocks from the center of town and entertainment.This beachfront resort is a few steps from restaurants, bars, shops and some of the most popular night clubs of Vallarta. When you stay at Blue Chairs, you will be in the heart of the gay zone in a luxuriously renovated resort in an elegant Mexican style. The Blue Chairs Resort, known throughout the world, is incomparable to any other local gay hotel and is the only such lodging in Puerto Vallarta with direct beachfront access and with deluxe services at a reasonable cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Chairs Resort by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Chairs Resort By The Sea Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Blue Chairs Beach
- Blue Chairs Beach Puerto Vallarta