I booked Playa los Arcos for a mom/daughter trip. The location was perfect, with tons of fantastic places to eat and shop just a few steps away. The hotel itself if older, but that didn't bother us because we weren't there very much. I had 2 issues. First, I had booked transportation from the airport with the hotel via email. I had confirmation and thought everything was set. They were supposed to have someone there waiting for us holding a sign with our names but when we got there, there was no one waiting. We ended up taking a cab and found out when we got to the hotel they had forgotten to send someone. The second issue... I had booked using hotels.com last september. I booked an oceanview room with 2 double beds. When we got there they tried to confirm with us that we booked an inside room with a king bed. I showed them my reservation showing the oceanview with 2 beds and after searching for 10 minutes or so, told us they had no rooms like that available. We ended up staying in the inside room the first night and had to move to our reserved room the next day. I asked to talk to a manager but it took them 2 days to actually get me to a manager. Every time I asked, I was told she wasn't there or she's at lunch. It wasn't the end of the world but it was a hassle that we shouldn't have had to deal with. The only compensation they were willing to do was give a free meal at their restraunt (which was by far the worst meal of the week). They said, because we booked with an outside agency, they couldn't give us any money back. Good news about hotels.com though...they did end up giving me a 50.00 voucher for future travel. That's really the worst. For the most part, the staff was friendly enough. It was clean, good location, huge balcony, cost efficient, which was everything we were looking for. We did both come home with contact dermatitus, which the dr. thought may have been from the laundry soap used for the bedding. That wasn't much fun itching for half the trip (my daughter got it much worse than I did and she was pretty miserable), but that probably won't be an issue for most, just something to keep in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta