Location!Location!Location! If you want to experience the Old Town life, this is the hotel that is located within walking distance of this experience. Unfortunately, the hotel itself has some downfalls. We arrived on Sat March 22 2014 around 8:30 and even though we had paid for a king sized bed with an ocean view, we were put in room 438 which had 2 double beds and a limited ocean view. After we saw this room we said that we would pay extra for an ocean front with a king bed but we were told that there was nothing available until Monday.Room 438 had a shower which had no water pressure but we did not complain because we knew that we would be moving in a couple of days.On Monday,we moved into room 202, which has an awesome oceanview and small balcony. Even though we had to pay an extra $30/night for this room ,it was worth it. The balcony door did not slide very well and even though 2 different repairmen came in to look at it, it was never repaired.The beds in both rooms were hard and tended to be uncomfortable. We did not have the all inclusive meal package and except for paying for a mediocre breakfast buffet one morning we can't comment on the quality of the food.Overall,we found the rooms and resort to be clean but there was a musty smell in the bedrooms especially closets..Daily maintenance was very evident. The beach area was great. There was no problem picking up a 6 pack at the OXXO on the corner and bringing it down to the beach. There was always plenty of loungers,just not on the front row. The front desk people were efficient. This resort has a great location for easy access to the restaurants and bars. The Sea Monkey was our favourite. Even though there are some problems, we enjoyed our week at Playa Los Arcos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta