This review covers the last two trips to Playa Los Arcos. One in October 2012 and the recent one this May (2013). I’ll try to keep it brief as I have covered this hotel in depth before.
This is a Mexican family owned smallish hotel with about 160 rooms of varying sizes located on Los Muertos beach in the older part of town. Since both trips were outside of the high season in Puerto Vallarta, the hotel guests were predominately Mexican national families. If you include the local day trippers (190 pesos P/P), the ratio of Mexican Nationals to non-Mexicans at the hotel could be as high as 20-30 to 1. The only real significant consequences are that the families tend to dominate the pools, the buffet leans even heavier into Mexican food (do not think Taco Bell), and the nightly entertainment is entirely in Spanish. Aside from that, no difference. The non-native guests are still treated with respect and courtesy.
Speaking of the pools, the Adult Pool is not. Often, one could walk the length of the pool and still not get one’s feet wet due to the amount of people in the pool. In addition, groups of adults would congregate in one area of the pools or another for hours on end; eating, drinking, and socializing while never leaving the pool. Must have incredibly large bladders.
One recent change in hotel policy has to do with the wrist bands. Previously, only guests who had purchased the AI option (a great deal) wore wrist bands which were green (blue for minors). Now everyone is required to wear a wrist band. The colors are: yellow for AI (still blue for minors), green for day trippers, and white for non-AI hotel guests. Supposedly this is a security issue as the hotel is fairly open and sits right on the beach. But, I observed a fair amount of people using the facilities without any wrist bands.
For a more detailed look at this hotel, please see my previous reviews. We’ll be back there in a couple of weeks and if there are any significant changes, I’ll revise this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta