“A+ Customer Service”

Ranked #26 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“A+ Customer Service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We recently spent 8 days at Playa Los Arcos for our destination wedding. It was a great experience all the way around. Rogelio did an amazing job coordinating everything for our dream beach wedding. Everyone of the staff members including desk clerks, bar tenders, wait staff and house keepers were amazing! They all went out of their way to make us and all of our guests very happy. We couln't have picked a better place to spend the week with family and friends.
The location of Los Arcos also couldn't be better. Located in old town Puerto Vallarta, there is always something to do or see. The beach was amazing as it was kept very clean and Estavan kept a cold drink in our hands at all times. I can not say enough about the job Rogelio and his crew did to make us feel at home and welcome in Puerto Vallarta. We will definitely be coming back for many more years to come. Chris and Katy Reeves

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katy R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our second stay at Playa Los Arcos. The hotel has no control of the number of guests in the pool side rooms. There were 35 people in room with door open. Screaming, running children throughout the resort and hundreds in the pool with no control. Disaster waiting to happen with overcrowded conditions. People crowded, pushed in buffet line acting like last meal. Even adult pools had children with no parent control. All night heard noise, screaming children in our ocean front room. Never again, beware!

Room Tip: go anywhere else
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were just there for a week. We were attending a wedding, and the place was good.
This is a family resort, lots of children in the daytime, but the hotel has rules for them.

The beach is ecellent, and the beach service with Estavan is topps.

The nightly entertainment is Mexican as it get's, and if you need something find one of the busboys at the front desk....

Room Tip: Get a oceanfront room .....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
san diego
Reviewed April 26, 2013

we just got back from hosting our wedding there, and we are very pleased with our overall experience with los arcos. several wait staff names jump out due to their impecable service and general want to make sure you are taken care off, Francis, Roberto, Felix, and Mauri are the guys to look out for, they service the inside part of the restaurant and not the beach side - dont worry you can still get the ocean breeze and view from there. Rogelio is the restaurant manager and as far as i could see would literally bend over backwards for us, anything we needed he made happen - even on a moments notice. our wedding went off with only a minor hitch, we were not so happy with the DJ's performance, he had sent an employee and not him self, but the set up was beautiful; and the food was phenomenal. the front desk is some what disorganized but somehow get it done, i had a few guests with a little trouble checking in and out but nothing that wasnt able to be sorted out. I will definitely be coming back next yr for our anniversary, and highly recommend this hotel and their staff. Everyone here is very friendly, Magda will take good care of you for any tour or excursion you would like to do. there is no gym at this hotel but the beach is right there so run along that! as for the previous poor reviews here, i did not see how any of these concerns were valid based upon my stay. Simply put its not the hilton or Sheraton and i didn't want that, i want mexico and all its beautiful charm. In short this hotel is very clean, has very friendly staff that speak also english (but please try and speak spanish, afterall you are in Mexico), is in a great location being close to the melecon and downtown and on los muertos beach. I would reccomend this hotel for couples, family, solo guests.

Room Tip: grab an ocean front or master suite for a picture perfect view of the banderas bay and awesome sunse...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank harveyhalfpint
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location of the property is at the corner of all the action; farmers''s market, restaurants, jewelry, pharmacy with a doctor, massages, etc. You can walk two blocks and hit everything you could possibly need. Of course you will walk further to the things you want.

The beach is greatl, they role it each morning around 5:00 am. Your towel card will get you chairs and umbrella placed on the beach at the spot you want. The food/ drink service on the beach is great. The waiter fast walks and has leg muscles that would put a body builder to shame. You get your order fast! Yes, the vendors come by continuously, some you welcome, some you say "No, Grasias". When you see the muffin man with the "C" for Cubs hat, stand up and wave for your empanadas and muffins. YUM.

The restaurant and bar staff become friends before you leave. They anticipate what you will need and have it there before you can ask. The food was the same each day for breakfast but there is so much of it, you can change your theme of eats each day. The lunch and dinner food was varied in some way each day. It is all good and not to picante. Try to set a few tables back from the railing so the vendors do not interupt your meal.

I never used the pool but many people did while I was there. They sure looked like they were having fun. The iguanas' house is in this area and they had 5 new babies. I never saw mom but saw the babies many times laying on their roof and the roof over the main area.

The front desk people were extremely nice and helpful while there. They all seemed to enjoy working with each other and showed with their smiles.

Will I go back again, absolutely....hopefully Nov 13. This time I know to call the front desk the day before we leave and verify the room is what I paid for. (with three pages of emails with the reservation office and the name of the person I spoke with the day before, maybe this time I can get the ocean front room that I will pay for.)I will ask them to please clean the room before I get there, turn on the A/C and place a dehumifier in the room as soon as possible. If the room has not been occupied for a couple of days, then the wet and mold start to build up. I think this is the reason so many people get moldy smelling rooms. I will also ask for a refrigerator to be placed in my room...maybe I will not need to ask several times during my stay and still not get one. The Nov 13 trip will be perfect because I now know what to ask for and know to stand by the desk to confirm request is processed. Pray that I am right because everything else about this hotel is great and wonderful.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool have no privacy..people are looking at you from the other side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank buckeyfan
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I loved the location.
The architecture was beautiful.
The view spectacular.
The location of Los Arcos was perfect.
Right on the beach, and perfect for walking downtown old Puerto Vallarta.

I am a traveler and love all inclusives. The rooms were very low grade for me, compared to what I have stayed in. All the guys slept fine. I did not feel safe sleeping here. Anyone could have kicked the door in. The rooms, the shower needs to be upgraded. Also on our way out, I had to pay for more bottled water. Not impressed. I will not be back with my crew to stay at Los Arcos.

Room Tip: Front ocean view. Worth paying for.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JessicayJonny
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been staying at Playa Los Arcos for many years. This was the best vacation ever. We were given a fruit basket upon arrival, which was a nice touch. We had a slight problem with our credit card that was promptly handled by Edgar Cisneros. We stayed in an ocean front room that was great. The room was cleaned well daily. We had multiple towel animal creations that were beautiful. Already booked our room for next year.

The hotel is right on the beach with many restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We prefer an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple