We spent 4 nights/5 days here with a wedding party. We had a fantastic time in PV, but the hotel was not the reason. Being with all of our friends/family for a wedding made this trip magical. There are a few (very few) pros to this hotel. I agree with everyone's rave reviews of the location. Beautiful area, very close to the Malecon (which is fantastic at night)! Beautiful beach front- however, being a public beach makes it very hard to relax when you have street vendors trying to sell you something every 3 seconds. Literally...they start to make you a little crazy while trying to relax in a lounge chair. (Not the hotels fault though) The pool area was beautiful and very well kept. The only positive thing about our room was the view (323). Balcony view was the pool and the ocean. The Cons start wtih the nasty rooms. I understand this is an old hotel, however- the rooms should still be cleaned and maintained. Like many other reviews have stated, our room was very tiny, smelled of must and had hairy mold growing in the bathroom. Little to no water pressure for the showers. One of the members of our party had the water shut off completely on her while showering, twice! The beds were extremely hard and ours had broken springs that were terrible on our backs. The All Inclusive food was edible, that is about all. Boring buffet with no variety. Each day, (almost each meal) was the same items on the buffet. None of the food stood out to me as good. Although I did enjoy the snack grill that is open from 12-5pm. Next to the pool area- you can order burgers, sandwiches, nachos, quesadillas, etc...Decent tasting items there. I just don't want to eat a burger for 3 meals a day-for 5 days. Fresh juice daily was an awesome bonus though! Delicious! Cocktails were good- most Servers were fantastic. Front desk personnel, not so much...
I will however add, the hotel did a fantastic job on our friends wedding! The Bride, Groom and guests were all very pleased with the wedding, reception food, drinks and privately hired DJ. After all, the wedding is the reason we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta