This was our first time staying in the Romantic Zone/Centro (or however that area's referred). Loved it. Lots of restaurants, coffee shops, taco stands, palapa bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, shops etc all within walking distance.
There's great food all around the hotel and cheap beers if that's your thing. You can find beer for as cheap as a dollar a bottle even on the beach (Sea Monkey). At most you'll pay $3 but you can many times buy buckets of beer / 5 for $10. Most run happy hour specials so you'll rarely pay $3 a beer anyway.
The hotel itself is nice upon entry, the lobby and pool area are beautiful and the staff does a great job of keeping it all clean. The WIFI is spotty and doesn't work in some rooms but it's free so no complaints there.
Like most other reviewers the first room they put us in wasn't what we expected. It had the view we wanted and balcony privacy but it had a kitchen exhaust fan right off the balcony that made sitting out kind of gross and I'd expect unhealthy. They immediately moved us upon request and showed us two other rooms to choose from, one with less balcony privacy (facing the pool), one with good privacy. We took the room with more privacy (facing the North side, side street, beach and neighboring hotel). It too had a serous issue with kitchen exhaust but we dealt with it not wanting to move again.
Our maid did a wonderful job of keeping our room spotless, the room and bathroom were a bit dated but everything worked and considering what it cost to stay there it was exactly what we expected. Our beds were hard, we must not have had the new pillow tops other reviewers have talked about. Still it was what we expected from prior reviews and were fine with it.
We didn't do the all-inclusive so I have no opinions on their food or drinks. We did eat breakfast at the restaurant off the front of the hotel (Maximilian) they had decent food/prices and great service. The hotel charges $46 pesos for two go cups of coffee we did each morning which seemed kind of steep but it was our choice there are literally coffee shops all around the immediate vicinity of the hotel.
Yes, we'd stay again. Thanks Playa Los Arcos staff for the great time, service and memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta