You're going to read through these reviews and see repeatedly people urging you NOT to do all inclusive. Then, like me, you are going to see that it's only about $15 a day per person and think "hmm, that's cheap, might as well get it, even if just for the drinks"... I really regretted getting it. We had gone there intentionally to try different restaurants and bars in the area and ended up drinking and eating at the hotel too much because it was included. The drinks were totally random, some times so watered down you couldn't even taste the liquor, sometimes so strong you felt like throwing up. NEVER brand name liquor... pretty much all that was included came from plastic bottles with no labels. The nights we drank at the hotel I woke up feeling like death, the nights we actually went out and bought quality drinks we had a way better time and felt way better the next day. The food was repetitive and came in 2 flavours: tasteless and super spicy hot.
I emailed and live chatted and phoned them starting 5 weeks before our arrival to request a fridge and a pool view room with a king size bed. Was there for 9 days. A fridge never appeared. I don't think they actually have fridges or if they do there is only like 2 of them.
The first room we got was actually an “upgrade” to an ocean view because they had no pool views despite my requests. Ironically, my friend had payed for an ocean view and they put him in a pool view that night. The “ocean view” room was tiny, dusty and dirty. It had a large communal ground floor patio with 2 other suites and their children played loudly right outside our patio door. The woodwork was coated with dust and cobwebs, there were old take out containers and beer bottles on the patio when we arrived and were still there the next day when we changed rooms. At about 9 am some loud pump started (washing machines below us or something???) and didn't stop all day.
Then we were offered a king size pool view room that overlooked the lobby and was literally the size of the king size bed itself. We finally settled on a “street view room” with 2 rock hard double beds that actually had a nice view of the ocean. Again, my friend who had payed for the ocean view upgrade was offered the exact same room a floor above us and they told him it was ocean view. He ended up sticking with his pool view room because it was nicer. He did NOT get a refund of his ocean view upgrade. This room was cleaner, the woodwork wasn't all dusty and cobwebby like the "upgrade" room.
Every morning at 8:30 AM the housekeeping staff would assemble at the linen closet next to our room and chat very loudly for the next two hours as they cleaned the hallway or organized their cleaning carts or god knows what they were doing but they were having a good time doing it. They woke us up every morning. A dirty plate of food sat in the hallway for a full day and night.
The day we arrived I asked what was included. They said “buffet only”. On our second to last day there other guests told us we were entitled to a meal at the restaurant and grill. I complained to the front desk and they said “it was really busy here all week, we didn't have time to tell you.” ???? I don't even know what that means. The meal can only be redeemed on 3 days of the week so it was too late for us to use as we only had one of the days left on our stay and already had plans.
Other notes: the pool is nice and it's heated. There were only lots of kids on the weekends, during the week it was more adults. The beach is nice and the waves are fun but the vendors literally harass you non-stop. I had a really good time on this trip for the people I met, this hotel does attract a wide demographic and we made more friends that I have ever made on a trip before. And the location is fantastic.
We did check out their sister hotel Casa donna susana and it looked a lot nicer and all the rooms had fridges. I wish I had gone with my original instincts and just stayed there with the non inclusive option. The area has a lot of bars and restaurants, and if you had a fridge in your room, which playa los arcos probably WONT give you, then at least you could stock it with your own good drinks and snacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa is a splendid colonial Boutique Style Hotel that invites you to enjoy the vacatioon of your dreams.The quality of its facilities, hospitality and tradition of excellence in service will make your stay a trully pleasurable experience. Located in front of the best beach of Vallarta "Playa del Sol" in the heart of the exciting Romantic Zone, is one of the best tourist areas of Vallarta. Here you can find all types of residences, prestigios restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and the best nightlife. Only a few steps from the new Malecon, the Cathedral and the New Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Otel, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort And Spa
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta