“My wedding at Playa Los Arcos Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa

Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Sandy, Oregon, United States
“My wedding at Playa Los Arcos Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I want to put it out there that my wedding at the Playa Los Arcos was AMAZING!!! I had so many people tell me that I would probably be a nervous wreck on my wedding day making sure everything went perfectly, well........... I wasn't!!!! Rogelio who helped me in planning my wedding was PERFECTO!!! I was so relaxed that I really got to enjoy my wedding and everyone that joined us. It was 100 times more beautiful than I had even imagined! I can't even put it into words!! Rogelio made my dreams come true right down to the minor little details! And all of it was at a very reasonable price too! I would recommend this place to everyone and we will FOR SURE be going back!! The hotel was gorgeous the beach was right there and the staff was amazing! Did I mention Rogelio?!?! I love him!! Old Puerto Vallarta was very comfortable and everything was in reasonable walking distance. I have thought about it everyday since we have been home! Thank you Playa Los Arcos for the best time a Bride could ever ask for!! Oh, I guess the groom enjoyed himself too.... :o)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mindi W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and were pleased by the appearance. A wonderfully open lobby, with views of the pool and beach beyond. Our mood quickly took a dive when the front desk couldn't locate our reservation. We had a printout of it and had clearly made the reservation...they simply couldn't find it. I worked in hotels for years and it happens. What followed shouldn't have happened. It's slow season. They had rooms. They should have simply given us a room at the rate listed on the printout we brought. Instead, they went through 10 minutes of "we'll have to contact reservations tomorrow." They agreed to put us in a room but continued to tell us they would have to "contact reservations." A guest should never have the question of the rate they'll be paying hanging over their head. Empower your front desk to honor the rate on the printout the guest has. It was clearly a printout from your reservations system. I was grateful we were only staying two days until we moved to the villa our family was renting. I'd have hated to be staying for a week wondering what rate we'd pay at checkout!

The front desk clerk also convinced us to take two double beds rather than a kind as the 2 doubles would "overlook the ocean" and not the pool. Wrong. You could MAYBE see a little bit of the ocean if you got out on the balcony and leaned out really far. We overlooked the pool. I suspect they didn't have any kings left and didn't want to tell us. Just be honest. Like I said...I worked in hotels for years. It happens.

The room was fine for what we paid. The musty smell is typical of hotels in the tropics. The bathroom was clean as were the beds. Even with the problems we experienced, I'd stay again. For the price, you cannot find anything comparable right on the beach. And it's walking distance to reasonably priced restaurants and too many bars to count. After we moved to the villa, they offered us a $15 day rate to use their facilities. I'd skip that. Just plant yourself at one of the beach bars a couple of blocks away and enjoy buckets of cheap beers.

Room Tip: If you're staying on a Saturday and want to go to bed early (for instance if you have kids), get...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank robynoinaz
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

The staff was very nice. The rooms are very old and the bathrooms are extremely small. When taking a shower the water pressure was awful and the water temp would turn to cold with not hot water in the middle of your shower. The beach is not very nice and everyone is right on top of each other in their chairs. I was not impressed. The location is the best thing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank queenbee701
Whitehorse, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

The good: on the beach and ok beds
The bad: really dirty rooms, the a/c made the room smell like mold or sewage. Yuk.
For the price, you can get WAY better!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank bennywren
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

loved the hotel, great location! however, the concierge was not helpful at all- never at desk.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanna23H
Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was there from April 6 to April 13. I had red some comments from people saying "ditch the all inclusive, restaurants in the city are great", but I purchased the all inclusive anyways, as I firgured for an extra 200 $, there was NO WAY we wouldn't get our money's worth. I was right!!! (we had breakfast and lunch almost invariably at the resort....also we drank a lot! ha!).

I can't stress this enough : THE LOCATION IS AMAZING! You walk out of the hotel and you're basically in the most interesting part of Puerto Vallarta, with a lot of stuff going on, great people watch to be done, great little restaurants, busy streets, etc. This really IS the experience for whoever wants to be in a resort, but still likes to get a feel for the people and the area. Obviously, it is also GREAT if you are looking to go out in clubs/bars, since the hotel is pretty much where it's all happening.

Regarding the specifics of the resort:

Pros : really decent food, the drinks/beer are fine, the room was ok. Considering the relatively cheap price paid, I would say i am really satisfied with everything.

Cons: Not much to say....although the front desk staff were not so great. We had a problem with our room and it became a MONUMENTAL ASSLE. Also, if you make a 'special request' while booking, forget it, they dont care. Finally, throughout the stay, I sometimes had questions and had to ask the frontdesk people....although they weren't rude, you get the sense that they don't really care. The accuracy of their answers seemed questionnable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank HappyCamperz2012
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I travel a lot and have reasonable expectations. Almost everywhere I've stayed has something going for it. This place sucks!!! Over priced, dirty room and the front desk staff (especially super mean concierge lady) we're rude. We booked and paid substantially extra for a sea facing room. We were put in a lower level (think basement) room that looks out on a wall and smells like pee. No price adjustment, still paying for the view. We are keeping a sense of humor and making the best of it but I wouldn't recommend it. Seem to be much nicer options nearby.

• Stayed April 2012