Hotel Suites Del Sol
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$370
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I read this was a four star hotel but I would give it only two stars. I booked seven nights from Dec 27 to Jan 03 because I wanted to spend New Years in Vallarta, having been there three times before. The Lobby is very nice with interesting decor. The first sign of trouble was when I checked in the receptionist seemed to have trouble finding my reservation or something else she quietly spoke to someone in the office, then told me my room was being cleaned. i waited about 15 minutes. Then the bellman took me to my room which was on the fourth floor. It was in need of some remodeling. This is an old hotel and my room had old chiped furniture a hard mattress and balcony doors that did not close completely allowing noise from the six lane street to enter my room. It smelled like mold. The location is much to be desired of, it is located about a good twenty minute walk from the boardwalk (malecon) no good restaurants nearby, and dangerous streets to cross. The previous three hotels I have stayed at were better than this one and in better locations. One of he receptionists seemed helpfull the other one not very friendly or willing to help when I resquested a quieter room. I will never stay at this hotel aqain and would not recommend it to anyone I know. The view of my first room was of what looked like a dump accross the street see pic. Also the elevators were very small and after looking at how the hotel needed maintenance I was afraid to use the elevators thinking that they were also in need of maintenance so I would walke up and down four flights of stairs.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank boilermaker1
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We spent a week at the Hotel Suites del Sol, a few minutes (by car or city bus) north of the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, sitting on the corner of a busy intersection. Inside, however, it is very nice. The lobby and bar/restaurant is an eclectic collection of Mexican memorabilia - a museum of old typewriters, an old motorcycle, a horse buggy, and endless knick-knacks of varying vintage. The lobby and restaurant is open to a good-sized pool (round) and a smaller jacuzzi/wading pool attached. All surrounded by ample vegetation.
The hotel rooms are large for their description (we had a standard - 2 double beds, a table and chairs, a small balcony and a decent bathroom). The hallways on each of the 4 upper floors are open-air and spacious.
The hotel is well-located - a few minutes by city-bus (simple, frequent) or taxi ($8 US), or a 25-min walk from the city centre and Malecon. Across the boulevard is a a complex of cafes and stores, with several other restaurant and convenience store options along the boulevard. On the other side of the complex is the beach (access between 2 resorts). About 10 minutes from the airport.
The hotel is not a luxury hotel, but all in all, an excellent value for the price. The restaurant/bar closes most days at 3 pm - which means that you can't get a later drink by the pool, but that you can bring your own.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bwtropical
Reviewed April 20, 2007

no taxi driver knows it,just tell them its accros from Golds gym!its not on beach,but a short walk,doesnt mater,you dont go to pv for fab beaches anyway!great shrimp place,free booze!just behind hotel,staff friendly,let us stay in room till 8pm as we had late flight for free!verry quiet and clean,no roaches!noisy air conditioner and fan a tad unstable,fear of decapitation!now the food,some other guests said they liked it,i said,really?limited menu,and always the same,took a week to get my eggs medium,but it was edible and didnt make me sick,dont expect the waiters to look thrilled to be serving another gringo!they arent half as helpfull and friendly as the other staff,but its a good place for the money and if you like to eat out anyway,i would recomend it.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank cat38pegcity
Reviewed February 19, 2007

I just got back from P.V and stayed at the Suites Del Sol. It was a very relaxing trip. The resort is small and private. The staff was very friendly and would bend over backwards for you to enjoy your stay. It is very Mexican and the food was incredible. The location was close to everything and the beach is just across the street. I have nothing bad to say about this place. If you are looking for a low key place to stay with great food this is the place to be. I highly recommend Suites Del sol.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank jeanmachine_1
Reviewed January 20, 2007

By a small error on my behalf i booked at this hotel. It was an all inclusive. This was excellent value for the money. the food was good, the staff very friendly and the hotel decor was mexican. The rooms were clean and made every day.
Things to remember
1/ this is not on the beach
2/ it is on a busy street so if your a light sleeper you may not rest
3/ no wild party's it is quiet around the pool
4/ the bar closes at 10:30pm

After the bar closes there is a great Canadian sports bar across the road called Casa Blakes. Lots of TV sports great food and great company. Sue and Mike are great hosts and love to meet canadians.
Puerto Vallarta you got two thumbs up

Stayed: January 2007