Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive
Ranked #20 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel facilities are rated 3 star and it probably is accurately rated. If you choose this hotel/resort because it's affordable, then don't expect it to be a five star. It's a bit old, a bit run down, a bit small, a bit distant from the beach, a bit limited on food selection and supply BUT this hotel has the most wonderful staff who will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. We arrived late in the evening, and I have to admit that the room did not instil confidence. It felt like a motel room. But in the light of the day, the hotel was abuzz, everyone friendly and warm. The room did seem dingy even on our return later in the day, but you are there to enjoy the sun, poolside lounge chairs, and the beach club just down the street. The hotel is a short bus ride from town and a walk from a 24-hour WalMart. There is a great grocery store right next door.

If you want an affordable, cheerful and secure getaway to Puerto Vallarta, I'd heartily recommend this hotel. If you are looking for the services and amenities of a large resort, this isn't it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 22HappyTraveller22

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had our travel agent find us a hotel all inclusive, this hotel was what we wanted :) the staff was so helpful, we wanted to be away from all the touristy places and the staff were very helpful in giving directions etc. Our maid Maria was awesome, our room was always so clean, yes, the sheets were a bit worn but they were always clean :) on our 2nd day at the hotel we were at the buffet and there was a older man complaining about always having the same thing every day, we were there for 2 wks and I did not see the same food every day, the cooks made an awesome meal every day and the waiters were so helpful and courteous. If we go back to PV I know we will stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank dafine1
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went here February 2013, having travelled extensively, and having been to Vallarta several times, I knew that this was not a resort but more of a hotel. Upon arriving The room they gave me was right near the buffet, if our curtains were open than people could see inside,( not my style). We asked for a different room, and we had to pay extra for a balcony, but at least it was private. The room was clean and quaint! The hotel seemed run down. Although it really grew on me as the week passed. There was one buffet restaurant, and the food was pretty good. Though it seemed like the same stuff a lot. They had A la Carte near lobby which we didn't try because we preferred to eat out elsewhere a couple of nights. There was a grill open 24 hours which I liked in case I got hungry in night or just needed a drink. The beach was a few blocks away with a shuttle service and an area for the hotel guests. There were many vendors always around. So not very quiet.They had washrooms there and a beach bar which had snacks. It was near the marina and shopping a block away. We ate out a few times down in the malecon, to get more variety. The best restaurant we went to was Café Olla in old Vallarta. We spent a fair amount of time in the pool area when we wanted to avoid the vendors which was relaxing. The staff at this hotel was great and very helpful if we needed anything. I enjoyed this place because it was so quaint. We had couples massage at the spa which was really relaxing and they gave us free exfoliation body scrubs the next day. We also went on some excursions, whale watching which was amazing in the Banderas Bay, and we did the Pirateship dinner which was fun. I recommend this hotel if you are looking to get out and see and do things other than lying on the beach all of your holiday. I rate it as a 3.5 star hotel!!

Room Tip: higher floors have more privacy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank saublebeach
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Upon arriving, I thought this hotel a little old and rustic. However, they're very meticulous with the gardening and cleaning of the pool area. Meals are good. This property grows on you :) Room 121, which I was in was the best for location. Close to the pool and bar. The massage I had was very relaxing and a reasonable price. Although 2 miles away from down town, the walks there were refreshing. 2 blocks away from the beach but easy to get to. A big grocery store right around the corner. Sariano.

Room Tip: Room 121 :) In the sun most of the day.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank BethDengirl
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I will start off by saying the manager there does her best but not much to work with the all inclusive option is a joke rooms are old linen worn and discolored phone in room didn't work I could go on and on this is not I repeat not a resort it is at best a motel no elevators etc I will say this is the first all inclusive we have ever been at where you had to ask at breakfast for a strip of bacon I kid you not thanks to air Canada vacations for moving us to another hotel this one was a resort not a super 8 and thanks to Laura the reception mgr and our waiter young Ivan who had the chef prepare a nice fish dinner for my wife these people made our short stay there bearable

Room Tip: after 3 attempts we didn't see any
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bradford C
Reviewed November 29, 2013

5min from the Airport, 15min from the city center. This place has great service, great food and very very confortable beds. I would recommend it to everybody I know. This place has so much charm, it makes the trip even better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank ffto
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks last feb/12 at the Hacienda hotel &spa, our first time to Mexico or any where really, We really had a great time the staff at this hotel are 5 star all the way, go for a superior room, it's worth it. Everyone is friendly and helpful, had a blast., Other than getting scammed by KRYSTAL INTERNATIONAL VACATION CLUB, Which is down the street,we were led there by Hector the protector from the super market( the other way down the street) avoid this man, and if you end up at Krystal, and meet a man named Jim Luhrs, run away. We are going to Cuba this Feb, because, we are still dealing with the Mexico timeshare nightmare, and have no desire to return to Mexico at this time, but we'll let you know how the Cuba vacation goes when we get back, there's 5 of us going, should be fun, ta, ta, for now

Room Tip: always get a superior room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank april h
Travelers also viewed these Puerto Vallarta hotels
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great...
#26 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Los Arcos Suites
Los Arcos Suites
#23 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#25 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Valla...
#46 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
#22 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & ...
#24 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive? Share your experiences!