“Not-authorized transaction of 2000$ with my credit card.”

Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive
Ranked #21 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Tonara, Italy
“Not-authorized transaction of 2000$ with my credit card.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My name is Marcella Porru, I spent a weekend-holiday at the beginning of March in the hotel. I paid the import of my all-inclusive package with my credit card. Next 21-th of March strange operations with my credit card took place, with not-authorized transaction of money to the hotel account, for a total amount of about 2000 dollars. I contacted the hotel to know more about the fact, asking to solve the problem as soon as possible explaining that I have to stay in Mexico lot of months and that the irregular transaction leaves me without money. In a first moment the staff seemed to be helpful, but the problem is still unsolved. Now, it is difficult (i) to speak with the lady who has the work to resolve the problem and (ii) to understand if she is trying to find a solution. I am very worried and scared and I think that the moment to turn to the Procuradoria Federal del Consumidor is arrived.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Marcella_Porru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Manitoba
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This has been our tenth year (March 9 to March 23) going to Puerto Vallarta and staying at the Hacienda Hotel and Spa. They have been updating the hotel every year and the changes that they are doing is fabulous. The staff is unbelieveable and will do anything to make your stay the best. We have met the same friends down there year after year and it only gets better. The hotel has improved on the food and have a much better serving area for guests and for the staff to work with. They have painted the place and updated a few of the rooms so things are looking up. The only complaint I have is that the entertainment needs to improve. Even though this hotel is not located on the beach there is a taxi service to take you or you can walk the few blocks (and it is very safe). It is nice to have two areas (beach & hotel pool) that you can have access to. I was also impressed that the current Manager will come and mingle with the guests and that interaction is nice to see. We usually go for two weeks and even then when it is time to come home we are happy but sad to leave our friends once again. This hotel is not a five star....if you want a five star this is not the place for you! However, if you want a true mexican hotel this is the place for you as it is small and wonderful. Can't wait to plan our trip for next year!!!!

Room Tip: Because we have been coming to this hotel for so many years the staff try to give us our same room y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DudekManitoba
Carleton Place, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have just returned from our fourth trip to Puerto Vallarta and our first stay at the Hacienda Hotel and Spa.
Let me start with the negatives as this hotel will not be for everyone. First off, it is not on the beach...but truly only down the side of the hotel two small blocks, and if you want you can even go by free shuttle anytime you like. At the beach there is a beach bar which serves drinks and food, as well as an abundance of chairs and sunshade. The beach bar is located beside the beach vendors, but they won't bother you, and it can be handy.
The only other negative for some, will be that the hotel is a small quaint older hotel, which is a little rundown. That being said, it has a lovely Mexican style, and although older, extremely clean.
Those are the only negatives. It is around the corner from the beach, the port, a grocery store, and a pizza place. It is a short walk to a casino and Walmart. It is also a short bus ride (65 pesos) to the Malecon with all it's shopping and restaurants, and the Marina, a great destination to see many million dollar boats and shop or have a meal in one of the many restaurants. Also only a few blocks from Starbucks, for those who need their fix!
It is by far, one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at and the maid service is superior. Every day, but one our room was cleaned while we had breakfast, even if we were only half an hour.
The meals were varied and quiet good, the desserts were awesome...but no ICECREAM! There seemed to be food available at almost all hours.
The best thing about the hotel...the staff...everyone went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. On arrival, I discovered there wasn't a coffee bar, which I believe I can't live without. Once they knew of my love of caffeine, they told me they would make sure to have coffee available for me at all times, and right away, they made it happen!! Raphael (in the restaurant) and Oscar (restaurant and bar) were truly amazing...going above and beyond every single day! The manager, as well made frequent walk abouts to talk to guests and make sure they were satisfied. All of the staff were truly amazing...We have never been treated quite this well before.
The rooms were spacious and clean...make sure to get a superior room, as they are away from the road, larger and equipped with an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and bath and shower. The water pressure by the way was awesome!!! They also have an inroom safe, at no charge.
All in all, a great place to stay with a truly awesome staff!!! I would go again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 237, which we were very satisfied with.
2 Thank KingzettCampbell
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This resort is so comfortable we will keep coming back. The staff are wonderful, friendly and fun to be around. Short walk to the beach where hamburgers and hot dogs are available for lunch. I have to say my husband and I loved the hamburgers. The pool is fabulous and everyone staying there is friendly and familiar because it is a small resort. I do not hestitate recommending this resort to anyone. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the pool. The balcony is fabulous but if you want quiet this would not be the r...
1 Thank Debbie S
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Absolutely loved our trip and we were blown away by the staff, resort and friendly people we met on our trip. We spent a week at the resort and are already planning our trip back next year. The staff - I can't say enough about the staff and how much they contributed to our experience. Always willing to help, they always made us feel like they truly cared about our vacation and happiness.
Resort grounds- beautiful, authentic feel and clean.
Entertainment - different/fun things happening around the pool and lots of laughs.
Location - close enough to everything that you can walk, bus or cab without a concern.
We would highly recommend Hacienda for all types of vacationers!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The most charming hotel I've been to. Staff are amazing and they work so hard to keep it clean. Beautiful courtyard and the pool is very clean. I visited the Hilton and their pool is actually much dirtier than this one, so I was really impressed with the cleanliness. Rooms are well-maintained and have an old-world charm. Food is good. There is a lot of variety. They have amazing breakfasts and will make your eggs any way you ask. Sometimes the food gets a little repetitive but there's so much variety that you will always find something to eat. The beach is nice. Vendors will come up to you though, but this happens in all beaches in PV not just this one. They usually leave you alone after a day or two when they realize you're not interested in buying stuff. Overall, highly recommended.

1 Thank quebecer g
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It may have only been a week, BUT: what a great week it was... the entire place was AWESOME....you couldn't get better staff, and I wanted to take the chef home with me...I will for sure go back there, an absolutely beautiful little oasis...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple