If you try to compare the Hacienda Hotel and Spa with business class hotels like Sheraton and Hilton, you are certainly going to find a lot of shortfalls. But as a budget holiday location, its certainly a great spot to stay.
The things we most enjoyed or found most helpful included;
a) Staff - tremendously helpful, pleasant, polite, and kind, without being patronizing. Hilton COULD learn a lesson here. Waiters and bartenders were attentive and rarely kept you waiting long. My after-dinner brandies at the bar always came in a glass snifter, not the plastic stuff used by the pool. Alphonso always ensured we had a table at La Troje, the Mexican restaurant beside the pool, and it never required a tip to get one, just a smile. The lady at the Concierge was most helpful in arranging tours.
b) Location: its close to the airport, the marina (for water tours), the Wal-mart (for anything you forgot), a large grocery store and pharmacy, and the bus stop is just 2 minutes down the street. The ride down to the Malecon is only 10-15 minutes with lots of sights on the way, and cheap at 6.5 pesos.
c) Security and Peace and Quiet: I appreciated the in-room safe. The street noise is non-almost non-existent once inside. The hotel security discreetly made their presence known on the weekends when the younger crowd arrived en masse.
d) Decor and facilities: wonderfully quaint Mexican decor with a beautiful lobby, plenty of little alcoves, and a spacious bedroom. Nice firm bed. Lots of hot water. The pool was kept very clean ( i saw them treat it at least twice during the day and they do it again in the evening.
e) Food - Probably not to everyone's liking but we found it quite acceptable. The breakfast was always great with the cooks there to prepare whatever you wanted, and how you wanted it. The buffet was a little bland at times but always with a lot of choices. A bit more choice of fruit would have been appreciated. We ate at la Trope three times and the meals were exceptional.
Some improvements possible:
a) Add a second waiter at La Trope. Alphonso did his best but when it was full, it was more than one could handle.
b) A little more variety in the fruit for breakfast.
c) Some more authentic Mexican cuisine at the buffet. Something a bit more piquante.
d) Crank up the heat in the spa. It didn't seem hot enough to me to avoid health issues.
a. used the beach club on two days. Very close and staff were very attentive, coming out on to the beach to provide drink refills. The vendors on the beach are polite and never pushy. The beach is kept very clean.
b. The card system for the towels was a bit of a pain. We were always nervous about forgetting one behind and paying the rather outrageous price.
c. The bartenders kept on serving some youths you were obviously already drunk. However, the hotel did ensure that the noise abated at a reasonable hour. Our room was close to the pool and we were never kept awake by the noise.
d. Loved the iguanas in the yard.
If you want a quiet reasonably priced hotel, where you will be treated warmly, you can hardly go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the unique charm of a real Mexican Hacienda surronded by beautiful gardens, traditional decor and perfect facilities for an unforgetable vacation. Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm represents a poignant aspect of Mexican culture and tradition and is strategically located at the center of the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone. We are located just 10 min. from the International Airport , the Bus Station, Convention Center and Downtown area. We are the perfect choice whether you want to relax and enjoy our facilities and beach club or enjoy everything Puerto Vallarta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Puerto Vallarta
- Hacienda Hotel And Spa
- Hacienda Hotel Spa Puerto Vallarta