Tripadvisor
Puerto Vallarta
3,800 results
All reviews sunset restaurant honeymoon suite short walk to the malecon ocean view sky bar smaller resort the wait staff close to downtown fish tacos buffet restaurant flea market nightly entertainment spring break all inclusive package time share pool side lounge chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Location is excellent. Good food, clean & comfortable room, very personable, helpful staff. Would highly recommend this resort to friends and family. We would definitely return to the Buenaventura Grande.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bv_grand_hotel, Guest Service at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear lmb2017,

Thank you for choosing Buenaventura Grand for your vacations and thank you for taking time to write about your excellent experience with us.

I am also proud to see that my staff were very attentive to your wishes and that you felt like royalty during the entire vacation experience.

Until next year, my friends, we remain at your loyal service

Fernanda Baez
Guest Service

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Staff is what made this place so fun. The pool staff, especially Oscar by the bar, Vicente & Franzia, (activities coordinators) made this vacation so fun for us. amenities were great. clean and had good food.

Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bv_grand_hotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hola Madison e.

All our wonderful staff works hard to please all our guests to which many times we try. Our STAFF FROM GREAT MOMENTS work hard everyday to make the activities excellent in each of your installations and restaurants Oscar by the bar, Vicente & Franzia,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, and we hope to have you back as repetitive guests on your next vacation..

Reviewed January 19, 2020

This was our 12th year staying at this resort. The staff are amazing, good food, rooms are clean, the grounds are well kept. I am an early riser and always find the staff working hard to maintain the pool area, lobby, restaurant even while still dark.
We are always greeted with a smile no matter what time of day. There are upgrades being done such as painting and LED lighting. This hotel is close to everything, 10 minute walk to the Malacon. We will definitely continue our annual vacation at this hotel.

Room tip: Pick higher floors facing inboard for best ocean views.
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for selecting Buenaventura as your vacation setting. We are glad to know that you passed a memorable staying like in your last vacations with us.

We are pleased to know that you spent a memorable stay as on your last vacation with us, as you have realized we strive to make the service quality for all our guests and so they can be happy enjoying our wonderful Puerto Vallarta.

We invite you to visit us again for your next vacation and thanks again for the time it has taken to leave your comments, we are here to serve you.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

First we get our room. We go in and it smelled really bad, like sewer water all over the room. The AC didn't work well, it was always warm without the option of making it cooler, they had it locked. Bathroom started to flood due to a pipe. They moved us to a different room which was very inconvenient because I had already unpacked my luggage because my stay was for 7 days, so I had everything in the drawers, closet, etc... They didn't offer me any compensation, or a voucher to the spa or anything that would offset how upset I was. I express my concern to the manager but she only apologized, said this never happens and suggested to make a reservation to one of the resort restaurants (which is free because is included in the all-inclusive) seriously? that's all you going to offer me, a free reservation to the free on-site restaurant). The new room was indeed better, it smelled good and was clean. This hotel needs a massive remodel of the rooms. They are dated, broken, and stinky. Other than that, I had a good time at the pool bar, sky bar, etc... Overall staff is friendly and helpful. Would I stay at this resort again? Probably not. I am sure I can find somewhere more modern and clean for the same price.

1  Thank rrabelo1

Hola Rrabelo1

We appreciate the time you took for let us know your review which is a plus to let us know your point of view.

As a hands-on Manager on Duty, I must say, however, that I am at quite a loss as to how much we appear to have disappointed you during your stay. Each day, without exception, I gain a great sense of our guest´s satisfaction, up close and in person, and just as our reviews and ranking indicate, our guests feel that we are doing a superb job in reaching and exceeding the vast majority of their lofty expectations.

I hope you enjoyed the Suite that was given to you in courtesy and the instantaneous change of room that was given to you by the unfortunate incident in your room that as you mentioned had never happened to us..

In conclusion, as a professional hotelier, allow me to apologize for the perception of Buenaventura Grand Great Moments that you take with you. Our profession is based on the principles of graciousness and hospitality, and the other hotels that you kindly mention are, without a doubt, truly high-end options as well. And as colleagues in the industry, we respect and support each other at all times.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

This was our 3rd time at this hotel. Everything was great, staff was very friendly, food was excellent. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Will definitely return. This hotel is walking distance to the malecon.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bv_grand_hotel, Guest Service at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Dear TJE83854,

We feel that we are the fortunate ones to have such a wonderful guests with us for many years, We work to do our best for all our guest and to make you feel like you are at your second home. We are glad to know that you passed a great vacations with us.

Until next year, my friends, we remain at your loyal service