Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Ranked #21 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oklahoma
“Buenaventura PV!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Buenaventura June13th-22nd, 2010. It was an awsome stay! Our travel agent informed the hotel it was our anniversary so there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with drizzled chocolate in our room with a nice note wishing us a Happy Anniversary, along with robes and slippers! We stayed in an ocean front suite with a jacuzzie that had 3 large windows overlooking the ocean.
I read many reviews of this hotel before booking it and the main reason we booked it was because of the great reviews and the fact that it was in an older part (not the hotel zone) of PV and within walking distance to the Malecon, which was all true! But let me warn you, it is definately in a more traditional part of PV, cobblestone roads, neighborhoods with residences and even for the first 3 or 4 days of our stay at Buenaventura, we were the only people in the hotel that spoke english and not spanish, lol.
Buenaventura is smaller than some AI's but the staff was totally awsome! We had great maid service and turn down service everynight, the wait/tress staff were wonderful and after just a couple days knew what we wanted with our breakfast, coffee and Mimosa's , miss it already!! The bar staff was great also and the Concierge was wonderful!! Answering all of our dumb questions, lol! And getting in touch with Continental Vacations the day of our departure when our ride didn't show up, lol! The food at the buffet is okay (very small buffet, so after 4 or 5 days it gets to be the same food it seemed) but the restaraunts you could reserve a spot at were out of this world delicious!! And the service around the pool was wonderful too!
Please!! Even though this is an all inclusive, TIP THESE PEOPLE!!!! They make nothing and work their butts off! The average wage in Mexico is between $200 and $500 dollars (American) and they work soooo hard! Some of these people were at the hotel when we woke up in the morning and were still there at 9 that night!!
If you have any questions about this hotel or the area, please email me!!
Thanks Buenaventura for such a wonderful stay!!! (Oh.. and we saw dolphins in the bay on two mornings, it was awsome!!! ) And 24 hour room service is included along with a fridge in your room that is restocked everyday!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank policegirl
Buenaventura G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 29, 2016
Estimado cliente, agradecemos sus comentarios, son fundamentales para poder mejorar.
Dear guest, we thank your comments, we work on improving our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

I traveled with all adults. Overall, I thought the hotel was pretty good overall but it was missing some things that we enjoy about an all-inclusive hotel. It doesn't have a swim up bar and really have any sort of entertainment staff. Although you are smack downtown, we enjoy having some sort of fun around the hotel. They had zero. My other big issue was the beach. It's really not swimable. There are tennis ball size rocks that cover the beach. When you go in the water, it has the same thing. It really wasn't a fun beach. That is very important when i go to Mexico. The buffet was ok. Breakfast was the best and I'd say top notch. Lunch was ok. The food was not great. The specialty restaurants were Fantastic. The other thing we were disappointed was they only had sushi on on day, Wed. We never got to try it and were disappointed since they advertise it. The rooms were great. Very clean, great beds, good tvs. The food service was great! The bar service was hit or miss; it was dependent on the bartender at the time. We liked that the hotel was located right downtown. The overall hotel was in great shape. There are 2 pools and I'd say they are small. Since the beach wasn't great, I would have expected more from the pool area. The hotel tends to cater to the locals. One night they shutdown one of the bars for a wedding. They had a party on the beach and didn't invite us :( They look like they do a great job if you wanted to have a wedding there. We did get room service included and it was great! That was a highlight.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DenverTravelHappy
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

This hotel was sort of a last minute booking due to its all inclusive package. The hotel we had booked didn't have all inclusive so we changed at the last minute. I'm glad we did!
The staff was extremely nice and helpful every single day. Very friendly people all around, bar tenders, wait staff, front desk, housekeeping... everyone.
It's very close to the Malecon... which is a walkway with the beach on one side and restaurants, bars, and shops on the other side. Just be careful on your walk to the Malecon. Every single shop owner will talk to you and try to either sell you a tour or something from their shop. After the first night, we just politely said 'no thank you' to everyone we passed. Seems to work okay.
The hotel pools were great. My husband and I enjoyed playing water volleyball with some of the staff at the hotel. The beach is a typical pacific side beach so we didn't do much in the water.
The drinks were strong and plentiful. The food in the buffets were always delicious.
They offer free wi-fi... BUT you have to be on the first floor or you must use it in the lobby. We were located on the first floor, last room and got it in our room but no one else seemed to be able to access it.
The only bad thing I can list is that the walls are very thin and most people don't care how loud they are. And most hotels along "hotel row" do firework displays nightly around 10pm!
This was as close to paradise as I needed and I'm extremely upset I'm back home in Missouri... :}

PS- The three "trips" we took were Geronimo's snorkel beach thing, it was a 6/10, an ATV tri[ through the mountains ...it was a 10/10, and the nighttime pirate ship dinner theater... it was a 9/10 (I don't dance!)

3 Thank simplesurvival
Fremont, Oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

I am 20 years old and this was my boyfriends and I first trip. We were greeted in the lobby with a welcome drink and checked in very quickly. They clearly explained what was and was not included in our all inclusive.

Our room was spacious and the view was great. The cleaning staff came at least once a day often more. The room service was quick and the food was great.

We ate at the beach side restaurant on the fist day and it was delicious. We also went to the buffet for breakfast and dinner on other occasions.

The location was perfect. The hotel is on the Melecon but far away from the action that it is still quiet.

The staff was amazing no matter where we were. The room service, pool side, and bar service was always looked forward to.

Puerto Vallarta was amazing by itself but staying at the Buenaventura was just an added luxury.

2 Thank CourtJae
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We had a great time in PV and our stay at Buenaventura was outstanding. We were welcomed by the staff upon entering the lobby with cold wash cloth and a drink. Our rooms had a wonderful view of the ocean and pool area, very comfortable bed, and room service twice a day. Everyone throughout the hotel is friendly and helpful. I appreciated the front desk being able to exchange our money for pesos at anytime for the correct rate and at no charge. As everyone has mentioned, it's an easy walk to the melacon and we always felt safe no matter what time of the day or night. At the end of the week we all regretted having to leave.

Stayed May 2010
2 Thank dli1320
, Gerente at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 29, 2016
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed in the Buenaventura for two nights on my own and the greatest complaint is that they didn't answer the phone quickly enough when I called to confirm my reservation - if that's the worst of it, then you know the rest is pretty good.

Its chief selling point (aside from positive tripadvisor reviews) is its location and at about 7-8 minutes pleasant walk to the famed promenade it was perfect. That having been the primary selling point for me, I was pleasantly surprised by the other facilities, good pools, what looked like excellent service (I hadn't gone all-inclusive but the food looked ok too).

The tour company with its desk there was particularly helpful in filling my two days to the max, and went the extra mile accompanying me to an ATM for security and lending her insect repellent when I went zip-lining (Los Veranos was her recommendation, and was good but I have nothing to compare it with) and to Las Caletas for "Rhythms of the Night" (which is not TOO bad a single!).

The bed was very comfortable, the internet worked mostly (might have been issues with my own laptop I think), and though the remote didn't work, I didn't report it so couldn't expect it to be fixed.

If I return to Puerto Vallarta again (and I may) either alone or with my family I will definitely stay in Buenaventura again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank psw21
Caldwell, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

We just returned from the best vacation at Buenaventura Resort and Spa. We decided to spend our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Buenaventura Resort and Spa and it was the best decision we have made. The hotel and staff were excellent! We upgraded to the honeymoon suite and it was wonderful. Great view, great location and great service. Special thanks to Gustavo. The pictures of the hotel and grounds that are on the internet do not do the hotel justice. It looked much better in person. We spent 8 days in PV and that was not long enough. We have been back only 5 days and already wish we were back at the Buenaventura. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we hope to be back very very soon. Thanks for a wonderful vacation from Idaho.

3 Thank mcac85