My husband and I stayed at the Buenaventura June13th-22nd, 2010. It was an awsome stay! Our travel agent informed the hotel it was our anniversary so there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with drizzled chocolate in our room with a nice note wishing us a Happy Anniversary, along with robes and slippers! We stayed in an ocean front suite with a jacuzzie that had 3 large windows overlooking the ocean.
I read many reviews of this hotel before booking it and the main reason we booked it was because of the great reviews and the fact that it was in an older part (not the hotel zone) of PV and within walking distance to the Malecon, which was all true! But let me warn you, it is definately in a more traditional part of PV, cobblestone roads, neighborhoods with residences and even for the first 3 or 4 days of our stay at Buenaventura, we were the only people in the hotel that spoke english and not spanish, lol.
Buenaventura is smaller than some AI's but the staff was totally awsome! We had great maid service and turn down service everynight, the wait/tress staff were wonderful and after just a couple days knew what we wanted with our breakfast, coffee and Mimosa's , miss it already!! The bar staff was great also and the Concierge was wonderful!! Answering all of our dumb questions, lol! And getting in touch with Continental Vacations the day of our departure when our ride didn't show up, lol! The food at the buffet is okay (very small buffet, so after 4 or 5 days it gets to be the same food it seemed) but the restaraunts you could reserve a spot at were out of this world delicious!! And the service around the pool was wonderful too!
Please!! Even though this is an all inclusive, TIP THESE PEOPLE!!!! They make nothing and work their butts off! The average wage in Mexico is between $200 and $500 dollars (American) and they work soooo hard! Some of these people were at the hotel when we woke up in the morning and were still there at 9 that night!!
If you have any questions about this hotel or the area, please email me!!
Thanks Buenaventura for such a wonderful stay!!! (Oh.. and we saw dolphins in the bay on two mornings, it was awsome!!! ) And 24 hour room service is included along with a fridge in your room that is restocked everyday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta