“Our very favourite place!”

Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Ranked #22 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Toronto, Ontario Canada
“Our very favourite place!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We've stayed at the Buenaventura seven times in the last 18-20 years. Its our home away from home. The service is impeccable, the rooms are always clean and everything we asked for we received. Rooms 1247 and 1248 (on north side overlooking the pool) are two of the best rooms (we always ask for the same ones). Food is great - do the all inclusive even if you go out for some dinners - drinks and snacks at the pool are always a reason to stay in for a day! The lobby bar - there's a place that once you find the right crowd, you're there every night 5PM. A very short walk to the Malecon and ALWAYS an incredible safe vacation. You MUST come to PV and stay here ... Laura and Jerry

Room Tip: Rooms 1247 and 1248 (on north side overlooking the volleyball pool) are two of the best rooms (we al...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LauraJerry
cesar s, Manager at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing Grand Buenavetura as your home away from home, for your comments and for sharing them with us all, this motivates us to continue with our philosophy of service, iCOME BACK SOON!

RD Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed in late March 2014 at this hotel.
The location and staff are what makes this hotel so appealing.First it's just about 15 min drive from the airport .(Do not stop and talk to the reps inside the airport they sell time share just go straight out side).It's located just an easy 10 to 15 min walk to Malecon blvd where you see all the sights and shops.The hotel itself is clean , comfortable and the staff are very friendly and always there to help you,you feel very welcomed!
Rooms were cleaned daily,beach towels were always at our disposal,food was very good and had a good selection ,service was also excellent.Reservations for the a la carte was simple and easy.Diner at the beach restaurant is a must ,good food and a beautiful sunset.
The beach itself is a different story , the sand on the beach is nice but at the waters edge there are a lot of rocks and the waves are pretty strong.
We did only one outside excursion because Malecon was so close we did not need any other.The excursion Rhytm of the night is a must !!! Great show ,great diner this was a fantastic evening.The setting is surreal on the beach surrounded by jungle with little candles along the all paths and torches every where.The show was outstanding!!
Puerto Vallarta and the Malecon blvd are just a nice has the Mayan Riviera and playa del Carmen but just a lot bigger more stores more local people you can mingle with .The local folks are friendly and easy to talk to.We felt safe in Puerto Vallarta and Malecon blvd and there's always law enforcement presence.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Canucklife
Buenaventura G, Manager at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Canucklife, it gives me great pride that you had such a pleasant experience of our hotel in Puerto Vallarta as if your've enjoyed our hotel, from the friendly service of our employees' and our people of Puerto Vallarta is valuable for us, it is very satisfying that you feel protected in our destiny, thanks for sharing with us all.

We'll be waiting for your return soon.

Cesar,
Regina, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a stint at the Grand Velas in Nuervo so it was difficult not to judge Buenaventura against the Velas. Mind you the price was way cheaper and it is a different class of hotel.

Having said that we enjoyed our stay and surprisingly got the honeymoon suite with the huge jacuzzi. We didn't ask for it, it was what they booked for us and it was great.

We found the restaurant food to be okay but nothing special. The location to the Malacon was great and overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clintski
Thank you for choosing Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa for your recent stay in Puerto Vallarta, thanks for your words, we're glad you had such a pleasant surprise, we hope you come back soon.

Cordially yours,

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been at the Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa many times. The past few times I regret to say, that in spite of all good intentions, I have failed to write a review. However, as always, the holiday was wonderful and the service, the best!!!

Since my last posting, the biggest change is the “preferred guest” type of program that they have incorporated. I was grateful that when I told them that I was not interested and would keep coming as I always have, they did not continue to try to sell it to me. I met a number of people that have been to this hotel more than once or twice and a fair number of them were regular guests. We came with people that we met here a number of years ago. Being a smaller hotel, I find that the guests are also very friendly as well and I have met a number of great people from all over. This in itself speaks for the quality of both the hotel and its staff.

When you first walk into the hotel you are greeted by the familiar faces of Pedro, Faustino, Omar and Santiago welcoming you “back home”. They always have a smile on their faces and are wonderful ambassadors of the hotel.

Angel, Letay, Isadoro, and Ramon are all familiar long-time employees that also welcomed us back and greeted us with a smile and a hug. Joel, Eric, Omar and German were newer staff members that were just as fantastic as the others. Each one of these made our dining experiences wonderful. I always look forward to seeing Dalia who makes the most fantastic omelettes ever. When I walked up to her the first day I was blown away that she not only remembered my name, but also my omelette ingredients!! The main restaurant is a buffet and there are a few a la carte options that you can book daily. I found the food always fresh and tasty. The host, Manuel, is another gem. He always had a smile on his face whenever you walked in the room or whenever he saw you anywhere else in the hotel. I do not think there is a better team anywhere than these people. Keep up the fantastic job!!

The new concierge, Caesar, is in my opinion one of the best that this hotel has had since I have been going. He was always very helpful and mingled with the guests constantly. He is very approachable and there to answer any questions you may have. He also takes bookings for the a la carte restaurants in the mornings and is there to be sure everyone is enjoying it at night. Caesar, do you sleep?? This year there was also a new dining experience on Tues and Thurs nights around the pool. This was absolutely fantastic and I have to say one of the highlights of the trip. I swear that the dessert on the Tuesday night was the best I have ever had anywhere. A number of others also said the same thing. Gotta have the recipe for that one!!! I hope they keep this dinner in their future plans.

Of course, the Buenaventura would not be the Buenaventura without the outstanding service you get from Fausto, Jorge, Gustav and Edwardo around the pool. It was 34 degrees Celsius for a number of the days we were there and these guys just kept on going and going. They always made sure that you had a drink in hand. They did not care if you were drinking alcohol, club soda or just water...it was always service with a smile and more often than not, with laughter. Miguel and Daniel are also fantastic bartenders. I think these guys are great and I look forward to seeing them every time I am there.

Over the past few years Jorge has been working at the hotel as the activity director along with Alexis. These two also do not seem to sleep much. They are there for day time and night time activities. I especially loved the dance lessons and the water aerobics during the day and the karaoke, jazz and rock bands at night. Last year they added a gym that is open at 7 a.m. every day. It is a very nice addition to the hotel. Both Jorge and Alexis interact with the guests amazingly. There is always something going on so I think that if you are bored, it is your fault!!

I must also give a huge thanks to Gabrielle (Gabby) in housekeeping. When I was there last year I forgot my pictures that were taken on the pirate boat that I paid a fair bit for. When I arrived I checked with the concierge to see if they were by chance in lost and found. Of course as I expected after that amount of time, they were not. A few days later while walking in the hallway, Gabby looked at me and said, “Photos”. I could not believe that she remembered who I was and kept them for me all that time until I returned. Once again, the service is unbelievable.

The location of this hotel is also great. It is very easy to walk to the Malecon (Boardwalk) in about 10 minutes and even into old town to do some shopping or just looking around. You can walk to the marina but that takes about 60 minutes so a bus or cab might be a better option. :)
.
The only complaint that I have, and it is quite minor, is the availability of change. I like to have smaller bills on hand so I can tip the staff. I found it easier to go to the bank and get change that way.

All in all, I would totally recommend this hotel. They also have a kids club which I do not use but the kids all seem to be having fun while the parents relaxed. This hotel is great for single people, couples and families. There is something for everyone!! I look forward to going back yet again!!

Room Tip: Check your room and don't be afraid to go back down if not acceptable. We were put in a room wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sacrificiomayayaki
Dear ¡¡¡¡Sacrificiomayayaki!!!! Hello there! I am happy to hear from you and read your comments, you can not imagine how motivating it is for us, thanks, and more thanks, this gives us strength to continue.

we are all eager for your return, and to hold you, care about you, that you just enjoy and sing, dance and take your favorite beverages.

love you and hope you come back soon.

Cesar,
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We started out a little worried cause they put my sister and i in. Room that only had one King bed, they promised a change the next day. The next day they said the next day again, and I was thinking we were getting the the shuffle. So talking very sternly to our Westjet rep, our room was changed to the two double beds we had asked for and the oceanview, which we had paid for. Like any buffet they get old after four days. They did advertise two a la cartes, but there is only one. Staff are really great, all the waiters, especially Edwardo, and all the servers, especially Erick, really work hard to please you. Great location for shopping, and beach is okay too, except for the venders. We'd go again for sure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda H
Dear Linda, I'm sorry that you had at first only one bed instead of two, thanks for sharing your experience with all of us, there are details that we have to solve every day like the type of bed you noticed at first, we are pleased that after the change of room you've enjoyed everything else, will tell both Eduardo and Erick, that you mentioned them, that will make them happy.

hope you come back soon.

Cordially yours,

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had fun it was à great place. Great service with ceasar. Good music with Omar the dinner by the pool was great and very romantic.service on the beach with gorge was very nice. And at the buffet with gorge it was super . These people are So friendly .we will be back for sure thank you for all . we Will nevers forget you . See you next year René Bédard
Christine Gauthier

Room Tip: Room 1447 Nice view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Rene (renegade), how nice to hear from you, sorry I could not answer before, receives hugs from everyone and we are already waiting for you!

Our employees know that you've shared your experience with everyone and has given them pleasure.

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a great time, but we were very ticked off that we got the high pressure sales pitch for preferred customer privileges . That put a damper on our trip that is quite unnecessary . Other than that we enjoyed our stay.We met a lot of Canadians .Rod ,Nadine,and Simon from Sask. here for the second time really filled us in on Mexican vacationing. We had a lot of fun playing water polo.The staff is excellent, food is great with sit down order from a menu restaurant to the smorgasbord buffet . The hotel is very clean . We will be back again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony over looking the ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Gordon S
Thank you for choosing Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa for your recent stay in Puerto Vallarta.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it motivates us to continue delivering the best services to our guests.

cordially,