Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$370
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
2,854 results
All reviewssunset restauranthoneymoon suiteshort walk to the maleconocean viewthe wait staffa la carte restaurantsmaller resortclose to downtownspring breakpool sideall inclusive packageflea marketnightly entertainmentlounge chairsall inclusive planbeach volleyballtime share
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this property in February with my daughter for her 16th birthday. She took 2 friends with her. We had a good time. The hotel I would say is more of a boutique all inclusive. Much smaller than many you will find in PV. The room was good. Clean but nothing fancy. I agree with some of the reviews regarding the bathrooms. They certainly could use an upgrade and yes, housekeeping was horrible! 4 of us ( all girls!) in a room and we NEVER had enough towels. The day we arrived there were only 2 in the bathroom. They did not clean every day. It was a struggle day in and day out to get towels in the room.
The food we found good. The lady at the omelet bar is very popular. ( sorry, I forget her name) We never had an issue getting drinks at any of the bars, and yes with a tip the service was sufficient around the pool.
I ended up going back in March with my husband, 1 month later. We upgraded and I found we had no issues with housekeeping or with towels.( Although, with the deluxe upgrade that we had, we were to have pool towels and robes and slippers in the room. They were not, so I had to ask.) We also were on the other side of the hotel than were I was with the 16 year olds a month earlier. Possibly better staff on that side! :)
WE had a good relaxing time. Location is really what this hotel offers. An easy walk to the Malecon. My family is going back in December, so I will see how it goes then.
If you are looking for a 5 star, maybe this is not your place, but if you want a nice, relaxing holiday, close to old town, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nicole S
bv_grand_hotel, General Manager at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Nicole1035 from Vancouver, Canada:

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay in the Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had a good time on your first visit, and even a better experience when you stayed with us for the second time. I agree that our location is one of our assets, but we also always strive to provide the best service to create pleasurable experiences.

Please receive kind regards from all the staff of the Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa.

Cordially,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed with a couple of friends at the Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa between Aug 23-30. I had one of the most amazing times of my life. The staff is very friendly and they made our stay unforgettable. The food was always fresh and varied at the buffet, and the fine dining restaurants had dishes that looked better than any restaurant I have been at. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to young people but also to families. There were plenty of activities for everyone and the atmosphere was amazing. Our hotel room was clean and housekeeping changed our sheets and towels everyday. I did not find one thing wrong with this place. We are going back there for sure. I also recommend the spa. We paid $35/person for one hour of massage. In Canada where we live that would barely get you 10 minutes of massage. The drinks were varied. We had a different favourite drink every day. However, they are a bit too strong that what I was used to. Our glasses were changed every time we ordered a new drink and we saw them cleaning them so I can personally say I witnessed the dishes being washed properly.

Room Tip: Our friends got a room without a balcony and they politely requested a room with balcony. The receptionist switched their room right away. If you ask them politely they will do anything you ask.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrea G

Dear Andrea G from Vancouver, Canada:

I feel very pleased to know that you had an amazing time while been our guests at the Buenaventura Grand! It is always very gratifying to read the experiences that the Hotel aims to create in each one of the people that has honored us with their preference.

We look forward to become your home away from home and welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had stayed at this property a few years ago and it was very pleasant had the occasion to go again this past month. WHAT A DRAMATIC CHANGE! The only staff that was attentive and courteous were those being tipped with the exception of the maid who got tipped but failed to provide even minimum service. No towels half the time and the other half, no service at all. Signs of bed bugs too...no wonder! The worker who is to replenish the minibar seemed to only come around when the do not disturb sign was on the door so he could slip a note under that he had been by and to call for service. We did, it never happened. It was very clear that even though this is an all inclusive resort, they do everything in their power to make it as difficult as possible for you to get what you paid for. No snack bar, sur charge for room service, no ordering food while at the pool (unless you get dressed and go to the restaurant) SLOW service, not opening restaurants as promised, difficulty finding the concierge to make reservations for dinner...then the food is so mediocre...why bother? The breakfast buffet was okay if you can live with the bugs, birds and flies. Warm tap beer that on occasion had gone sour in the keg, watered down drinks with the lowest quality of liquor I have ever seen. I think they make it themselves, add coloring and funnel it into the existing bottles (I saw them do this with Gallo wine a few years back where they were filling nice wine bottles then wrap the towel around it to serve in the restaurant) Pool was cloudy and dirty, the water even smelled funny. Try to get a beach towel? Forget about it. One of the pool waiters, George I think, was way too touchy feely it gave me the creeps. Gus, Edwardo and Fausto were great so I avoided mr touchy feely. Front desk was rude and unhelpful at all times. They just couldnt be bothered to do their job. Wont ever be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sugar M
bv_grand_hotel, General Manager at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Sugar M from Seattle, Washington:

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations. We are very interested in following up your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

this review is my opinion based on notes i took threw out my trip and as we just got back today this was my first act of business... if we can help even one person then the time i spend writing this threw exhaustion is worth it

when you pull up this resort is nothing special. we were greeted and check in was quick for us as we were the only family checking in. also upon checking in we were told to find the lady to the left of the desk for the activities and everything we needed to know. she was not there of course but i did manage to track her down alot later. she could not speak english very well, gave me all the resort info on a great double sided sheet of paper that was completely written in spanish (surprise surprise) so all the activities, the resort meal times, restaurant locations, how to make reservations, the rules, basically everything we needed to know we could not read...and had to figure everything out for ourselves as we went along (very frustrating)

rooms...
once we got up to our room it was a deluxe room (paid extra) and it was a bedroom and a living room, two decks (most rooms do not have balcony's) and a small kitchen with a small (didn't work) fridge... thats not entirely true the fridge kept our drinks a tiny bit cooler than room temperature but not by much. the overall room was nice but nothing special

our floor was great, it was the 4th floor which could only be accessed by elevator or stairs if you had a room key to swipe to get onto the floor ( i loved that)

the bathrooms were old and dingy and the balcony was covered in bird crap (which was not cleaned the entire time we were there)

there was one king sized bed and a pull out. i immediately went down stairs and asked for someone to come up and either make up the pull out for our kids or to leave me blankets so that i could make it up... no one came... my kids ended up sleeping with my beach sarong as a sheet and the top blankets from our bed... they did not make up this bed until late the next day... while we are on the topic of beds they are ROCK hard, both the king size and the pull out.

we had an electronic safe which was great except twice it would not let us into the safe and said "error" when we put in our code. we had to have someone come up twice to fix it and the second time he deactivated it so we could no longer use it. which was a pain as we had to carry everything around with us :(

maids were ok... there was nothing special or welcoming about what they do at this resort... no towel animals or anything cool... infact we left a big tip with a note asking for more water and beer please (in spanish).and as you only get two of each in each room.. she took our tip and gave no extra and we even had the added surprise of the beer my husband bought the night before being taken...

now lets talk food...
there is one small buffet are for breakfast and dinner... the breakfast there also has a cereal bar (with bugs crawling all over the jars) and a fresh fruit bar ( what i ate)
the food was ok... not much to choose from and we ended up eating off the resort for 90% of our dinners after that... the lunch restaurant i will say is alot better. the fish taco was great.

however right next door to the resort (walk to the beach, turn left first building on your left) is a great restaurant called the el barracuda with the most amazing fresh seafood and tacos (see tripadvisor reviews) it does not look special from the water but its delicious.

and i know what you are thinking, i paid for an all inclusive so why eat off the resort... well if you are looking to enjoy your trip you are going to be buying alot of things off resort. along with your dinners i would recommend you going out the main door turning right and going to the corner store and stocking up on water (cheap there) as each room at this resort gets 2 bottles a day (we had 4 people) you cannot get more believe me we tried and after our daughter got extremely sick from dehydration we started buying our own water... also might want to grab some booze from the corner store as well..

next topics... the resort bars and booze...
if you do not speak Spanish good luck getting service at any bar (except the lobby bar) we stood sometimes for 45 minutes to get one watered down drink... we did end up meeting another couple there and they also had the same problem and had been buying there alcohol off resort... we love going to all inclusive s to have a good time and drink and have fun... these drinks were no name liquor, watered down and took forever to get... they have the good liquor there on the wall for show and when my husband asked for a drink from one of those bottles the bartender said he wasn't allowed to open them and pulled out the no name liquor to make his drink. also none of the drinks use fresh ingredients they use only the gross over sugared mixes that you get from walmart...

so if you are thinking all inclusive so far to get what you want or need we have had to go off resort for water, booze and food...

i will say though that jorge the waiter by the pool is excellent we loved him, Angel in the dinner buffet is super great and Eric at the buffet is so helpful... that being said we only really had 3 people offer great customer service in the whole resort

my husband very much feels like we were treated second rate because we could not speak Spanish.

activities...

hahahahahaha what activities, there were a few but as they were all in spanish we could not participate...
i understand that we are in mexico but we did wonderful excursions off the resort who said everything in english and spanish, so why cant the resort...

grounds...
two smaller pools that were never cleaned there was stuff floating all over the top
( i now have a horrible rash that my doc says is swimmers itch from unclean pool) i just got home yesterday and the only water i was in was there so you do the math...

grounds were small and there is vendors all over the beach although a girl we met there got a massage from blanca on the beach on a massage table cost $25 for an hour massage... wish i would have tried it... my loss i guess... also the bathrooms in the lobby as well as the ones beside the pool were missing toilets seats which is gross ( see photos)

the only reason that i am giving such a high review of 1 star is because of the three men mentioned above and because of the location... the location is wonderful... its a ten minute walk to downtown... also its only 180 pesos to the zoo, 180 pesos to the dolphins, 140 pesos to the airport and 80 pesos to the marina for the pirates...

i do feel that for the money we paid to stay at this resort that it was a horrible disappointment. we will never come back, as we told the management when we checked out this morning...

i recommend you run far far away from here...

(sorry this is so long but i was taking notes thew out the trip so i could be as accurate as possible... we really do not

Room Tip: my advise, if you want a nicer room you have to pay more... book the deluxe oceanview rooms and beg for a balcony (as not every room has them)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank cassandra k
bv_grand_hotel, Gerente at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear cassandra k from Kelowna, Canada:

First of all, thank you for taking few minutes of your valuable time to share your experience about your visit to our Hotel.

I would like to take the opportunity to mention that we truly appreciate and read every one of our guests' posts, as we are sure that their feedback lead us to find their complete satisfaction.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having met your expectations. I assure you that we have reviewed your comment and actions have been taken to avoid the reoccurrence of a similar situation in the future.

Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Truly yours,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Do not stay here. We checked out 10 minutes after checking in. First, the man at the front desk was grumpy and unhelpful. The front desk gave us lots of grief for requesting they honour our reservation with adjacent rooms. We did not want our family separated. Second, the restaurant was already full for dinner when we arrived at 4. We were told we should have made reservations before we arrived. Why pay for an all-inclusive plan when you cannot eat at the hotel? Third, our rooms were dirty. All three beds had signs of bed bugs - black specks and casings along the seams. One mattress had yellow stains on the side. The fridge was disgusting. The hotel was full, so there were no other rooms available.

I am so glad we booked with Westjet vacations. We called Kait, our Westjet agent in Puerto Vallarta. She found us a new hotel within 16 minutes. We left for the Barcelo, which is clean and beautiful. Our holiday turned out great thanks to her.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Rae010
bv_grand_hotel, General Manager at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Rae010 from Calgary,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having fullfilled your expectations. We are very interested in following up your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us.

Best regards,