I was in Puerto Vallarta from Aug 7 - Aug 12 and my family and I stayed at this hotel. Don't pay attention to the negative comments here, the service is great, the food is great and the pools are OK. I went to the gym a couple of days and is nice, don't expect a huge gym, it lacks equipment but i think it is fine. The food is GREAT, at breakfast you can order your eggs with the cook and she will prepare it for you (even you order 8 white eggs like me). They have an all week menu consistent of different food types such as Mexican, Chinese, Italian and Japanese (those are the ones that i ate) and all the drinks you can imagine, I don't drink alcohol, so my recommendation is the mineral lemonade, it was excellent! The pool is always full BUT, there are times in the afternoon where one of them is empty. We never got any towels for the pool, i think that is the only complain i have.
When we just got in, we requested the lock for the safety box but in one of our rooms, the lock didn't work. We requested another room and they immediately got another for us, GREAT SERVICE!
The location is the best part, you are in downtown PV and within 10 min from the famous malecon. The hotel beach is clean and at this particular time of the year there weren't a lot of people so you can enjoy the beach.
The rooms are OK, our room had a small TV but, i think that if you go to PV you wont spend your time in your room. The service to our rooms was fine, we always had our rooms cleaned and with clean towels, nothing to complain about.
One thing that we noticed and we were really impress with, was that we left tip money for the maids, and I don't know why they didn't take it! all the time we left money for each day and it was just pilling up! so that is an awesome aspect from the employees, they are really honest, something difficult to find this days.
***Do not go to this hotel if you want to be treated like you are the only person in this world, because you wont!***
This is a really nice hotel and the service is great, personally i don't understand how people rate bad this hotel just because they found out there was no ceiling fan or the pool is small or small ants, c'mon people! deal with it, if you report this the cleaning lady or service, they will go and fix it right away.
STAY IN this hotel, you are going to have a really good time and enjoy your vacations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta