Superior service at restaurants
Clean & nice rooms
Poor food selection
Super hard bed & pillows
Public pool bathrooms – filthy
I gave this resort only two stars, but it has the potential for 4-5 stars. If you are a regular all-inclusive vacation person, you will probably be disappointed in this resort. This resort is, simply put, a mini all-inclusive. The pools are smaller, the restaurants are smaller, the property is smaller, the entertainment stage smaller, etc, etc.
The location of this resort could not be better. 3-4 short blocks from the center of town. In fact, to get to town, you walk thru a mini-town. Shopping, restaurants everywhere.
Heated pools, although small, were a delight. Pool area & water was kept clean & maintained.
Service at the buffet restaurant was exceptional, but we ended up making reservations at the other restaurants. We thought the fare was better than at the buffet. Breakfast was great.
Our room was nice, though the bathroom could use a little up-dating. Also, you can't control room temperature, only the front desk can. No ceiling fan.
Sure could use a lot more selection in the buffet when it comes to dinner time. While the food was good, it lacked variety. Also, toooooo many times, food pans were empty, just left empty. It appeared that they filled the empty food pans on a schedule, instead of when they became low/empty. No excuse for this! We ate out for dinner at two very nice places, Pipi’s, in town, just ask anyone, and upstairs at Tino’s, just before you get to town.
Hard bed & pillows - I guess this is the norm……we have yet to experience, in any resort that we have visited, what we would consider normal comfort in the bed & pillows.
Bugs, it’s reasonable to see some bugs and such when on vacation, but this resort has got to be more diligent about policing the critters. Tiny, tiny ants in our bathroom. And what was more disturbing, the tiny ants were around the food, not the prepared food, but around the display of whole fresh fruit. Someone has got to see this and correct immediately. Also, a couple of ‘larger’ bugs were spotted scurrying around. And of course the birds, they are a nuisance for sure around the restaurants and food. The restaurants at this resort are not that large and it would seem plausible that a net of some sorts could be hung around the outside area of the restaurants to discourage the birds. To be fair, there was some ‘fishing line’ strung in parts of the restaurant(s) to help keep the birds out, but was still way too easy for the feathered friends to get in and land on the tables and such. At times, we had to get our food at different times, so one of us could stay at the table to prevent them from landing on our table.
A lot of attention is paid to the mopping of water around the pool, in fact, in my opinion, too much attention. At times a worker would actually follow you around after getting out of the pool, mopping up behind you. I think, some of this attention should be refocused to the nasty public pool restrooms.
I did not mention the beach, only because the red flag was out for 3-4 days, then the yellow flag for the rest of our stay. There seems to be a pollution problem when it rains in that area. The local officials release river water into the bay when it rains too much, effecting the availability/safety of the beach swimming.
This time of the year, it does rain most every day, but the rains are short and really did not effect our vacation.
Also, this time of the year, most resorts get a little crowded with the locals vacationing with their youngsters. Saturday thru Tue, fairly crowded, Wed, Thurs & Fri, a lot more of a relaxed atmosphere.
In summary, I believe 3 of the 4 cons could easily be corrected to make this an enjoyable vaca resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta