Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Ranked #26 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our first time in Mexico, when we got to the hotel we were greeted by the the bellboy who was a great help. Our room 1114 was a nice room with a view to the side road and to the beach. At first it was a little smelly but that was due to the humid climate but it went away. The restaurant staff were very friendly and knew us after a couple days. The pool and bar area were nice and clean with Superior service and fun activities. The size of this place is perfect if you want great service and not a lot of people unlike the monster resorts you see coming from the airport. The location was great with minutes to the Malecon and shopping a couple blocks up. The OXXO (like 7-11) next door was a great spot to get some pesos and to get other drinks and snacks for hangover days. The bar will serve you your own alcohol if you are particular in what you drink, this will cost a few pesos to the bar staff. The maid service was awesome as she made our bed 3 times a day and made different things with our towels, she definitely received a great tip for her service. Our 2 weeks at this place was awesome and we will be back, I miss the smell of the room and the great service from Jorge, Alexis, Diego, the rest of the bar staff and ElCapitan and ElCapitanas and their crew. We will not forget you guys.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CaptainThursday
Buenaventura G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Estimado cliente, agradecemos sus comentarios, son fundamentales para poder mejorar.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Service: It was great. Quick, never had to wait for drinks, however, they ran out of beer frequently.

Value: Mediocre. Food was just OK and rarely different from night to night.

Sleep Quality: Was good. We were facing the ocean so it was really quiet for being downtown. Not really sure how it is on the street side of the hotel.

Beach: The beach is FULL of vendors. You can not get a full conversation with the people you are with, without having someone bug you to buy something. You will have zero privacy. The sand was good (Watch for washed up puffer fish). When you go in to the water, it is very rocky, however, this didn't bother me as I was to busy getting smashed by the big waves. Also, the water is very murky.

Location: Probably this hotels main asset. If you are in to night life, you can't get much closer to it. You can walk about 10 minutes and you are on the Malecon. I always felt really safe. But if you are in to adventure and peace and quiet, do not stay here.

Rooms: Were decent. Our A/C didn't really work, and our safe was broken. Our friends had no issues.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AdamReiland

Reviewed December 4, 2012

There were five of us that stayed here from Nov 24th to Dec 1st. Beachcrazy65, my son and his girlfriend, hubby and me. First off I would like to say the location of this hotel is fantastic! It’s so close to town, you can walk there in mere minutes from the street or the beach. The rooms were clean, the maids don't stock the fridges, that is done by someone else, so it's hit or miss if you will have anything early in day. The grounds are neat and tidy, the service is very good. All the bar and restaurant staff are super friendly. We arrived at 1:30pm and had to wait for our room, my son and his girlfriend had the honeymoon suite, they had to go through 2 before they finally got their room. Apparently there was some confusion, but the concierge got it sorted out. The front desk staff I found were less than helpful, and in some cases rude. They put notes under our doors saying they were spraying for bugs...I went to the front desk to get more information, the guy asked me "what my problem was?", I told him my concerns and he told me to talk to the concierge, he couldn't do anything...why ask me then? Anyway, don't let this deter you, they aren't all grumpy and rude, just a couple of them. The beach is really big...but it's pretty rocky by the surf, bring water shoes...my son's girlfriend was wake boarding and she got beat by the surf pretty good, but she still had a blast. , I didn't end up going in, it hurt my feet too much, I stuck to the pools. I loved the pools! I guess the only other thing I should mention was my son's girlfriend put her swim suit and a shirt on the balcony, they blew off into a tree, she called maintenance 5 times, every time being told they would be right there....if you look behind the spa, you might still see them there.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suites in the new wing are very nice and huge (1400's)! We were in 1247, we had a...
1  Thank midapadez

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been staying every year at the Buenaventura and have always had a great time. This year was a little disappointing. For the first year, they no longer offered food or snacks at the bars, poolside or beach. When you're there to relax, you don't really want to get up and get dressed to go sit in the restaurant. A nice plate of nachos on the beach was always something I enjoyed. Also, other years if you checked out at noon but weren't leaving until later in the afternoon or early evening, they would allow you to keep your bracelet so you could have lunch and drinks if you wanted to. Not this year...they would not even allow us a lunch voucher. We had to put in an entire afternoon with no food, drinks or towel. This is the first resort that I have ever heard of that would not let you keep your all-inclusive bracelet till you left. They saved a lot of money not serving food on the beach/bar/pool so it wouldn't have hurt them to provide one last lunch on the day we were leaving. The location and staff are wonderful so I really hope management will return to the level of service they once provided.

5  Thank Trip2012Calgary

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I and 4 others (two couples) stayed here from Nov. 24th till Dec. 1st. It was a great Hotel in a Wonderfull location. We arrived early in the afternoon so our rooms were not avalible at that time, No big deal, we sat and had something to eat and a couple of drinks, and within a couple of hours our rooms were clean, fresh, and ready to go.
The staff were Great. Very friendly and helpful, even though we spent alot of time in town looking around, and going on tours, they still got to know us by name, both the resturant and bar staff.
It is a well priced Hotel considering the location, in town close to the Malacon (10 min. walk) and still has a Great Beach out front that will get you to the Malacon as well. This is my 10th stay in Puerto Vallarta, always at different resorts some being out as far as the Marina and one being right in Old Town, but I will be staying here again for my next visit.
The service was Great, the People were very Friendly, and the Location is wonderful.
Read the negative reviews with an open mind, some people wil complain that they did not get food delivered to thier feet while they sat on thier chairs on the beach, or that the some or the rooms may be on the small side. People, If you require Suites to sleep in and 5-6 star service, go to a 6 star resort and Pay for it !!! This is a smaller sized resort with Great service, all at a Very Reasonable price.
Will stay here again, and I will recomend

5  Thank Beachcrazy65

Reviewed November 30, 2012

There are some not so pleasant reviews about Buenaventura and I disagree with them all. My experience was great and so was my friends. They staff was great. By then end of our stay they knew out names and we fast, even by 'Mexican time' standards. The rooms were cleaned every day getting every grain of sand we hauled in at night with out of the room. The food was good and had a great variety between the food options and different themes each night which was great. The ground were keep extremely clean as well as the beach. I would recommend this for any one from families to a group of friends traveling together (I was in a group of friends). I will be going back and have recommend this hotel to my sister for her wedding this spring.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room not facing the street. Is a little bright and noise in the mid morning and...
1  Thank Kyle E

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is hotel is definitely no frills, but the rooms are clean. The bar/beach/pool staff were great. The front desk, I would give a 0 rating. When I left to check out, they cut off my bracelet. What I wasn't happy about is the fact that I wasn't leaving for 3 hours yet. I have stayed in Puerto Vallarta probably 25 times, and never once did they leave me stranded with no food/drinks. I have always kept the all inclusive bracelet until the moment I had to go back to the airport. The front desk staff were horrible about it and just didn't want to help out at all. They blame my tour rep that they should have told me, but didn't want to take responsibility that they didn't say anything during my check in. Terrible, terrible service.

The other thing that was changed is that they used to serve food pool or beach side, not anymore. This is a beach resort, who wants to get dressed and go into the dining room to eat!!!

Could use another dining room for sure. Would be nice to have a bit more choice of food options.

Having said that, if you can get past really poor front desk people, the other staff were great and the location, well, you can't beat it!!!

2  Thank Saskgirl4000