I stayed at the Buenaventura from April 23-30/11 and for a 4 star all inclusive resort I wasn't blown away by any means. When we arrived it took 2 hours to get our rooms. Our request which was put in by not only our travel agent upon booking but also by myself upon check in to have garden or ocean view rooms was not granted at all. Instead all of our rooms (4) were street side. Our first night was a nightmare and we didn't feel safe at all. People were trying to get into our rooms from the patio and from inside the hotel. We called the front desk to try to have something done and there was no answer. There were no security guards whatsoever and people were walking in right off the street. After being awake for over 24 hours it was not a good start to our holiday. The next day I got in touch with the tour company and we actually tried to switch hotels. Unfortunately everything was at capacity due to the Easter holiday.
We made the best though and ended up having a great week. The food was amazing. We ate at both restaurants and ordered poolside and room service often. The serving staff was fantastic. Fruit y Flora one of the restaurants is open breakfast and supper (buffet style) and has a small buffet outside for lunch. There is also 2 a la carte restaurants for supper. Reservations need to be made by 2 pm or after 8pm. One is a Brazilian restaurant and be prepared to eat lots of meat there. The other has a beautiful menu. We ate there several times on our trip. Wednesday is Japanese night and the sushi was quite good. Also something we found out later in the week was that the neighbouring hotel (Villa Premiere) is a sister hotel. It is adult only and you can eat at their restaurant as part of your all inclusive as well. DELICIOUS! Much quieter atmosphere and the service is not as rushed.
We were disappointed by the lack of activity going on at the Buenaventrua. Daytime activities are always planned but whether or not they actually run are another thing. There is no night time activities and when they did have something it was all in Spanish.
We were surprised to find that the majority of the people staying at the resort were from Mexico. This wasn't really a problem but meeting people wasn't easy due to the language barrier. This may have been due to the time of year we travelled at though.
The location of the hotel is fantastic and it is why we chose to stay there in the first place. 10 minutes from the Malecon walking and a block away from Pepe's. If you are going to PVR you need to go there! The tacos are to die for. If you are going to a resort and expect a beautiful beach I recommend staying in Nuevo Vallarta as the beach at the hotels right in PVR are not the nicest and are full of people trying to sell their fake silver jewelry, dresses, etc.
Overall cleanliness of the resort was great. The poolside was extremely clean, sometimes at breakfast our coffee cups were a bit grimey but they always got us new ones. The maid services was a tad slow and many days our room wasn't cleaned until the evening. A couple days she took our used towels and forgot to give us new ones but it wasn't a big deal.
If i were to rate this resort i would give it a 3/5. My expectations were pretty high and I was let down a little bit. Would I stay here again? Probably not. Did I still have a good time? Of course I did...I was in the hot Mexican sun drinking pina coladas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta