I selected this hotel, despite some not-terribly-serious complaints by reviewers, due to location, location, location, to which I say avoid, avoid, avoid.
I have stayed at dozens of hotels in Mexico...this was perhaps the worst.
1) beds with cushions like wood and pillows like cinder blocks
2) no Wifi, and the supposed WiFi in the lobby seldom works
3) breakfasts inedible (dry eggs, beans like paste, soggy cold toast, coffee like nescafe
4) surly, humorless reception staff
5) NOISY as I have never experienced--blasting music from the beach and pool area from 9 a.m to midnight
6) broken t.v. which took me 3 days to get replaced
7) beach chairs were "reserved" by guests by 8 a.m., and then often never used by anyone
Yes, the location was convenient but the rest was pure excrement.
(P.S. Restaurant and housekeeping staff generally were nice and helpful)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Tropicana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Tropicana Puerto Vallarta