TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,043 results
All reviews community kitchen great location fredy's tucan mexican hotel romantic zone basilio badillo zona romantica no elevator small pool budget hotel two blocks quaint hotel rooms are basic flat screen tv los muertos beach common areas air conditioner
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We booked this hotel through a Booking Agency. When we arrived, they had us assigned to a room without windows(Economy room). We explained to the lady at the front desk, that we had purchased a room with windows, and could back it with our reservation paperwork. She didn't even offer an apology, and told us that the booking agency must have made a mistake. We did not want the room without windows, so we paid an extra $86USD for a room with windows. When we got in to our room, we found three single beds, and no fridge. When we inquired to the front desk about getting a room with fewer beds and a fridge, we were informed that we would have to pay more for a different room, and the fridge was a $5USD per day rental. We didn't even have a coffee maker in the room....
Thankfully, there is a liquor store down the street that has a cold section, and if you walked fast enough, you could enjoy it in the little pool on the second floor....
The hotel itself (outside the rooms) is what you see in the pictures on line, but the pool is smaller than it looks. Another thing to mention is the safes - They are not located in the rooms - they are in a separate room, at the front desk. They provide you with a key, and grant you access to the room upon request.
The location is great, as Old Town is a lively and fun place to visit. Because of that, the hotel didn't ruin our trip.
We are definitely going back to PV, but this hotel is definitely NOT on our list of places to return.

Date of stay: November 2018
hotelposadaderoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your comments, we very much regret that confusion with the travel agency has occurred. We always work to make those problems do not happen.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

the service was bad and rude. I came a day early for my trip so I booked an extra night for 4 nights in total. I had already paid online and they tried charging me for additional fees for having one other person than me, even though I had already booked the room for both the two of us. The air conditioning didn't work to well, the towels felt really old and were kind of small. No parking available and street parking is extremely limited. And worst of all we found cockroaches in the bathroom, after a horrible first night I decided to cancel the rest of my noosing even though I'd only receive a partial refund.

Room tip: Get a different hotel
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank stevenwV4578PJ
hotelposadaderoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Hello, Steven. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of your stay with us. We're sorry things didn't turn out the way you expected. We've already checked the room to make sure it doesn't happen again and we do daily fumigation for pest control because in the rainy season it's possible that in tropical areas, such as Puerto Vallarta, a bug may appear. However, we always encourage our guests to tell us if they have any problems with their stay so that we can work to offer an immediate solution. Since you did not mention the bathroom problem to us at any point the best thing we could do was to offer you other options at the time you decided to check out and cancel the rest of your stay. As far as the rates are concerned, we only charge the rate for two people for the night you stayed before your reservation and the fee established by the cancellation policy of the website on which you made your reservation.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

June 15th I spent the night at this beautiful little boutique hotel..forgot my phone charger!!..one month later as I returned to PV I went back to the hotel and they had my charger nicely packed away!!
Lovely, helpful folks at the reception desk and an excellent restaurant attached.love this little place.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
hotelposadaderoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Thank you very much for your comments! We are very happy to know that your stays with us have been excellent. We certainly hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

very cool court yard and walking distance to so much. We prefer a balcony to sit, in the evening and morning they don't offer that here. Rooms were clean, but dated. The stairs while unique were difficult to wrestle luggage up and down. For the price and if you only sleep here it is an awesome place

Date of stay: June 2019

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very sorry for not having been able to meet your expectations as we are always working to improve the hotel. However, it is worth mentioning that at the time of booking you can ask for a room with a balcony. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2019

Our stay at Posada Roger was amazing, the service from Rosy and Celia was of a five star hotel. The hotel and rooms are fresh and clean. My kids had a great time in the pool. Looking forward to staying again at Posada Roger for our next yr trip.

Trip type: Traveled with family
hotelposadaderoger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments, we love that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you here again soon. Thank you very much.