$351
$184
$356
$273
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$156
$81
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$110
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewscommunity kitchengreat locationfredy's tucanmexican hotelromantic zonebasilio badillosmall poolzona romanticabudget hotelno elevatorexcellent breakfastceiling fancharming hotelthird floortwo blocksart galleriesshort walk to the beach
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Stayed in room 106 at Posada de Roger for 5 nights in early December. The hotel has 48 rooms and I requested a room in the courtyard (bottom-floor) due to mobility issues.

The hotel is in an excellent location, near I. Vallarta and on B. Badillo. In the middle of everything. If people want to visit "real Vallarta," you can't do better than this location.

The first night, I thought I'd die ---- there was so much noise and a loud crying baby next door and the pool upstairs was taken over by around 20 youngsters screaming their guts out. I slept with earplugs that night and still didn't get a decent night's sleep.

Next day, the screaming people checked out. It became peaceful. However, as the week went on, the noise didn't die down enough. The hotel has a policy (and sign) that it should be quiet from 11pm on. That didn't stop people (men staying in the hotel, conversing) from carrying on a conversation in the courtyard at 2 and 3am. Woke me up a couple of nights. They weren't yelling, but noise carries and they had big voices --- at 2am.

My room was a double bed (very hard) with a good-sized dresser and closet and two chairs. Nice bathroom, other than the water in the shower taking about 10 minutes to get warm. Floors are tile. Small room had cable TV and fan, phone and A/C. Also, three mirrors in the room, so two people could be there and have the basics. There is no hairdryer however. No outside window, for light. One window above the door.

Without the noise and the very hard bed, I would have had no problem with my room.

The staff is wonderful. Knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Even people who called me from the States commented on how efficient and friendly they were, at the desk.

Fredy's Tucan restaurant is off the courtyard. Excellent breakfast food. I only had one breakfast there (chilaquiles verde) but could have eaten there every morning, it was so good. It's also packed. Very popular.

There is a small pool on the 2.5 floor (in between 2 and 3) and a community kitchen (good for leftovers from all the excellent restaurants in the area) on the top floor. Someday, I'll use both the pool and the kitchen. As it was, since it was raining much of the time I was there, I didn't walk upstairs as it was slippery and too cold to use the pool.

Have to agree with a person who mentioned the courtyard-waxing, in a previous review. It rained for three days straight while I was there last week (12/6-8) -- doesn't usually rain in PV at that time. When the rain was over, the maintenance people started waxing the courtyard tiles and the smell of whatever they use was asphyxiating. Beware.

Two nights in a row, the procession (related to the Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which takes place from 12/1 to 12/12 each year) passed by the hotel. Delightful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank MarlySF
Reviewed June 13, 2009

And you know? We are! I have been coming to the Posada Roger for years. It used to be a very clean, quiet, gay friendly little hotel in a clean, quiet, gay friendly part of PV. The area got real popular and as a result, the hotel got more expensive and noisy. The owners don't seem to give a rat's behind about the place. It is now all about how much revenue they can squeeze out of the place. I wish I could purchase the place and return it to it's quaintness. I still recommend the place - it's laid back and friendly. I love my Posada Roger.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SimonDeLao
posadaroger, General Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Thanks for your review on tripadvisor, ALL PEOPLE WELCOME! at Posada Roger

We look forward to your visit!

Reviewed February 3, 2009

I've stayed at Posada de Roger several times and will keep going back. The staff is friendly and helpful (also very forgiving of my bad Spanish and excellent in conversing in English).

They advertise "All People Welcome" and they mean it. There were lots of gay men and lesbians staying there when I was at the hotel as well as tourists from Mexico, Canada, The US and Europe.

I recommend a room that doesn't face the street as there can be a lot of traffic noise. The rooms are clean, though a bit spartan. The last room I stayed in (202) could use a fresh coat of paint, but was very comfortable other than that.

The attached restaurant, Freddy's Tucan, offers an excellent breakfast and the staff are teriffic!

It is a short 5 minute walk from the beach and is central to the other shopping activities and the plaza.

One complaint: They occasionally wax the tile in the courtyard with something that makes me gag. It takes a few hours for the scent to dissipate.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Escena

Thanks for your review on tripadvisor, low rates and special discounts for groups and long term specials! All services: Conditioning air, tv cable, phone, safety deposit box. Wireless internet, swimming pool, restaurant and community kitchen.

We look forward to your visit!

Reviewed January 26, 2009

We visit PV often, but we mostly stay in the Hotel Zone or Marina area, but we wanted to stay in the middle of all the action for New Year's Eve and Day...so, we picked Posada Roger. And, we picked Posada because most places would not rent for just two nights over the Holiday and we love the location, we walked to everything, no need for a taxi!

The staff were very friendly and helpful - the first night they put us in a very small room, but the second night we changed to a larger room and liked it much better. The larger room had 3 single beds and one double bed and it faced Basilio Badillo with a small balcony, which we actually sat on to watch the traffic and people below.

The rooms are very basic, very old, but very clean. Beds are very hard, but they didn't bother me since I knew it was just for 2 nights, however, I don't believe I could have slept on them for a week.

The pool is very small and the water was very cold ... but nice and clean. Pool furniture could use some updating..many broken pieces.

The courtyard on ground level is very nice...flowers everywhere.

My advice before checking in is to ask to see several rooms - as their rooms are all a bit different...and I am sure something would fit your needs.

This is a very nice 2 or 3 star budget hotel and I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a budget hotel in the Zona Romantica area. Price is very reasonable - except for Christmas and New Years...but all hotels increase their pricing at that time. Enjoy~

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank LOVEROFPV

Hola
thanks for your review on tripadvisor, many user has reviewed Posada Roger for its great location!!!!
and yes, Posada Roger has a very good location, you can visit all the main attractions of Puerto Vallarta by walking.

Look forward to your visit

Hotel Posada de Roger, Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed January 14, 2009

After staying in two other hotels in this area, I found this hotel on one of my walks. I checked the rooms out and thought it was right for the price. It's not luxurious, but I thought it wouldn't be as loud as the other two since there aren't too many buses driving down that street. So the street noise is not a problem at all. What really sucks is all the noise created in the hotel.

The first night I stayed there, I was woken up at 7:15 AM by this very loud trembling noise that shook the windows like an earthquake...and wouldn't stop! So I went downstairs to talk to the front desk and explained how loud this noise was. The employee acted annoyed and seemed to have a really hard time trying to imagine what it could possibly be. Somebody was sent to check where the noise was coming from and concluded that it came from the restaurant below (I was on the 2nd floor). It sounded and felt like an engine, but was probably a water pump or the air conditioner. I was offered another room on the third floor, took the room happily, and had a decent sleep that night. But the next afternoon I found out that there was construction going on. I mean banging and metal sawing!

So, again I went to the front desk and asked if this was going to end soon and the employee said probably not. It made me mad that they never told me there was going to be construction in the hotel. I have been traveling in Mexico for four months now. And have stayed in many hotels and some are worse than others. Unfortunately, in this respect, Posada de Roger is pretty bad. Even though it's nice in almost every other way. The rooms are simple, but comfortable. The hotel itself is relaxing and pretty.

But at this point, I feel like I have been tortured. I don't understand how little silence is appreciated and respected here in Mexico. Especially in hotels!!! Really, I mean when you complain, they act like it's very unusual that someone might be disturbed by noise. Don't people stay in hotels to rest? I'm myself Mexican and I cannot comprehend how little hotels in Mexico care about disturbing their guests.

It's possible I was a little sensitive to begin with since I moved to this hotel from another one because of noise. But I wasn't expecting much from the others I've stayed in. Posada de Roger is nicer on the outside, so I guess I was just more disappointed.

6  Thank dfmarman

Thanks for your review on tripadvisor!!!
We are glad you like it