“A Little Slice of Mexico”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #18 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Denver, Colorado
“A Little Slice of Mexico”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

If you're the type of person who want an all-inclusive resort, this may not be your first choice. But it is a charming place to stay with a fantastic location.

It's a little older, but the place is well maintained. it has the standard amenities, such as a pool, wifi, and air conditioning. The AC worked so well, that I got cold in the night. The beds were comfortable, and the courtyard areas were very nice. It's a great place for a romantic getaway.

Best of all, it's within walking distance to the Zona Romantica, to the beach, and to the boardwalk. The breakfast was good and inexpensive. The buses started one block away. If you love to walk and explore, save yourself the hassle and expense of getting a taxi.

And its a great value at $30-40 dollars a day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jery P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2014

It's not the biggest, it's not the flashiest but it has the most amazing staff and the most comfortable rooms. Located not far from the Playa de Los Muertos, it is ideal if you are looking to relax on a beach. Rooms are absolutely spotless. All in all, a great little hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank senorcordero
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My daughter and I stayed At the Posada de Roger for 10 days at the end of June and the beginning of July. We had a wonderful time at this very clean, (thank you, Rosa), hotel. There is a beautiful courtyard with gorgeous colorful flowers and birds, a swimming pool, large screen TVs and blessed air conditioning. The location is 2 blocks from the beach and the staff is helpful and friendly, what more do you need? We ate breakfast every day next door at Freddy's Toucan Restaurant and every meal was delicious. We can't wait to return to Vallarta and we will absolutely stay at the Posada de Roger.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in the back and there was minimal noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Evavallarta
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I love this hotel. There are no frills, just a nice hotel close to the beach, night clubs and great restaurants. The front desk is friendly, the rooms are clean. If you want an authentic style hotel for a very reasonable rate, look no further. P.S. the restaurant next door has great food.

Room Tip: rooms away from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank dinosaur205
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just spent the 4th of july weekend at this hotel and it really wasn't what I expected. The price of the hotel was reasonable so of course I wasn't expecting all the bells and whistles. My first biggest complaint had to be the noise, which I should've read the reviews on. The bathroom windows are left open, and our room was on the first floor, I believe 108, and you could practically hear almost everything. The noise just echoes through your room which made it difficult to sleep in through the morning. I remember waking up to people talking in the courtyard every morning, which defeated the purpose having that r&r. My second biggest complaint were all the bites I got from the room and especially overnight which made me think that these rooms aren't very clean. It was overall an uncomfortable experience for me, I would hope they do something about the noise and the cleanliness/bugs in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Monica E
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at the Posada De Roger for 12 nights at the end of May. Nice little place with a great location and friendly staff. My room was on the third floor, king bed, updated bath, and very clean! Location is perfect for wandering around old town, the malecon, and the beach. Unlike many other reviewers of the hotel, I found the restaurant to be not so good. On my first morning, I ordered an omelet (a safe choice for a first breakfast) and found it to be terrible. There is nothing worse than a burnt egg, so I never went back. I found a great place on the next block called the Pancake House that I wholeheartedly recommend for good food and great service. My only issue with the hotel itself is their check-in policy requiring three different deposits in pesos....which I didn't have and needed a quick trip to the ATM. You need a deposit to get the key and a/c and tv control (200 pesos), another 200 pesos for the safety deposit box, and then again, another 200 pesos for a beach towel. So basically you tie up 600 pesos for the length of your stay, and end up when you check out with a pocketful that you spend at the airport. It would be much easier for everyone if they would simply take a credit card imprint.

All in all, I would stay here again. The staff, price, and location are great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank rlovestotravel
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This charming colonial Mexican hotel has mastered location and service. The hotel is located in the old town/romantic area of Vallarta. The service from the employees was excellent, from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. My room was considered a economy room with no window. This did not bother me at all, as I was out for most of the day and needed a place to shower and sleep. The room had a ceiling fan and a/c unit. Also my room (Room 106) was tucked away in the corner and relatively quite for the most part. The hotel had a decent pool area on the second floor with lounge chairs. The hotel is very secured, as you had to ring a door bell to enter/exit 24 hours a day. There were numerous restaurants all within a 5 to 10 minute walk from street vendors to fancy sit down ones. It would have been nice if there would have been hangars in the closet; however, for me it was not such a big deal as I had ironed my clothes when I packed. The hotel is connected to a awesome restaurant (Freddy Tucans) that served breakfast and lunch. The beach was less than a 5 minute walk and the main plaza, cathedral, and malecon aka boardwalk was less than a 10 minute walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't need a window in your room, definitely consider a economy room. All rooms are exte...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo