“AMAZING LOCATION AND SUPER CLEAN!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Posada de Roger

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #18 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Brooklyn, New York
“AMAZING LOCATION AND SUPER CLEAN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days at Posada de Roger, and we had such a wonderful experience. First of all the location is prime. You save so much money on taxis by being in the center of everything, and being able to walk to almost anything you need and want. It's surrounded by great restaurants, and right near the beach. Not only are you saving money, but you don't feel like you are in the city. The courtyard at the hotel makes you feel like you are in the jungle. It's so beautiful. The pool is great too. In PV you spend a lot of the time in the sand and the water, and this can make your room dirty. Every day we would come back to a spotless room. The cleaning people are great. You have all the best tv channels. Of course this is not a resort, so you don't have three pools, or a little kitchen in your room, but it's so much better than that. You have everything around you, friendly staff, clean and comfortable accomodations, and no overpriced amenities or food. Not to mention it's connected to one of the best restaurants in PV!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Joanna K
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind review. I am really happy to know that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you found out our staff outstanding.

For us it is really motivating to know that our service makes the difference in our guests’ vacation and that we are able to help you relax and simply enjoy your free time with us. We hope to have you once more as our appreciated guest.

Best Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had stayed at 3 resorts previously in PV, finally got out of the timeshare nightmare and had always loved going to the beach in Old Town. Staying there was the best in this great location. We did not need a car and found the buses suited our needs perfectly. Staff is very nice and we enjoyed meeting other guests. Would recommend to anyone. We plan to return this winter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank monhegan38
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoy our property during your vacation.

We look forward to seeing you at our property again.
Best regards!
Poway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a very well maintained and well managed hotel. It is very clean.

I have stayed many places in PV and this is my favorite. The location is ideal. It's located in the Old Town on Basilio Badillo-- my favorite street in PV, where the best art galleries, restaurants, handicraft stores and boutiques are all centered.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and can tell you exactly where to catch the bus to wherever you want to go.

I have been coming to PV for 30 years and this hotel keeps getting better and better. The new windows are wonderful and block the street noise. The free wifi is a great bonus. The pool is small but refreshing. The best breakfast in PV is next door and the beach is just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank DawnJ92064
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your stay in your home Hotel Posada Roger, your feedback is very important to us it helps us know that we are on the right path in our efforts to provide outstanding customer service. I´m glad you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our rooms, the pool and all our facilities, our location is always a factor to make your vations simply perfect.

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

After checking out this hotel's reviews, my girlfriend and I decided we would spend our weekend getaway here. We arrived on a Friday afternoon without a reservation and were pleased to find they had rooms available. It was low season so I'd imagine this was the reason. The prices we had seen online were cheaper (probably some type of special we missed out on) so we figured we would only stay one night and change to another one. However upon discussing this with the gentleman at the front desk (his name was Orlando if I remember correctly and he was super friendly and helpful!) he said that there was a get-your-third-night-free special, so we decided to stay for the whole weekend.

Overall we were both very satisfied. The rest of the staff was friendly for the most part, everything was clean, and the room in general was comfortable. I felt there was plenty of closet space, the beds were comfy, and everything in the room worked properly for the most part. The best thing though was the location. As stated on their website and can be seen on a map, it's incredibly close to the beach, the malecon, and tons of restaurants and things to do. The staff was beyond informative and helpful when we asked about what to see, where to go, and how to get there (especially Orlando). If you prefer buses instead of taxis, you can find one to take you just about anywhere between the hotel and the airport within a block or two and several drop you off right in front of the hotel.

The only things that I would change were the internet, the floors outside, and the bedding. The internet's connection was very weak and went out frequently. I'm not sure what the problem was, could've been all the rain. I suppose I could've asked, but as we didn't need it for anything important, I just let it be. About the floors outside, I thought they were very slippery when wet, especially if you're wearing flip flops. They have signs warning you about this, but I think they should put some type of mats down to help prevent from any accidents. Lastly, I know you go to Vallarta for the tropical weather, but I think they should have a thicker blanket on the beds. I get hot easily and my girlfriend cold easily, so it was hard for us to find a happy medium. Maybe I'm just nitpicking with these, but it's my honest opinion.

Other than those few negatives I really enjoyed my stay and would absolutely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Puerto Vallarta, regardless of your budget.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gareth D
Dear guest,

I also thank you for the nice comments about the service you received from Orlando, I will share these words with him to let him know what a great job he is doing. We appreciate your comments about the service you received from our staff and your point of view about our rooms I will make sure these comments are shared with the concerns departments to improve the experience of our guest.

Thank you very much for your visit and your review!
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

From the parrots and greenery in the open lobby, to the small but charming room, to the pool surrounded with flowers, this place was exactly what we were hoping for. Staff is friendly and helpful. Everything is very clean, a few Mexican-style quirks, like faucet handles that work well but do not match... The art in the rooms is also Mexican-style, landscapes, seascapes and flowers, and lovely. Bathrooms work well, including the handy one in the lobby. Location is amazing. Just a short walk to the pier or the Rio Cuale with its tropical island and great restaurants. Joe Jack's Fish Shack, with delicious food, is right across the street. The attached breakfast and lunch restaurant, Freddy's Toucan, is wonderful. Great food, great service and the owner is on site and very personable.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are close to restaurant, which can be noisy in the AM, but closes at 2:00 PM.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DrRomance
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s truly a pleasure to read such a lovely review Hotel Posada de Roger appreciates the time you have taken too share your lovely experience, We are thrilled to know you had a wonderful time and we will keep working on always making unforgettable experiences, we look forward on seeing you in the near future.

Best Regards,
Guadalajara, México
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I just returned from a short getaway to Puerto Vallarta and stayed at Posada de Roger. I really liked this place, it has a Mexican charm in a very cozy environment. Of course not luxurious but details are watched and very clean, and my favorite area was the pool zone. Everything at a very very affordable price, and what to say about the location, that's the best, it's in the Romantic zone (old Puerto Vallarta) just 3 blocks from the closest beach and surrounded by restaurants and cafes, and not far from the Malecón. You can move all around this zone by walking. A key fact for me to chose this place, was they have a parking area around the corner where you can store your vehicle for free. Something really unusual given the crowded of the zone.

I think the best is the service, people here really pays attention to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Celia took my reservation, she was very kind all the time, made me good suggestions about places to go, and to be honest, that's what you can expect from the famous Mexican hospitality.

I'll definitely come back on my next vacations. Gracias a todos!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when you book. Some of them have great view to the pool but they have windows t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank efregoso
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind review. We are really happy to know that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you found out our staff outstanding.

Best regards!
Yelapa, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is cheap, clean and simple. There is a pool on the roof and a communal kitchen as well as a good cafe next door. They are helpful and its a short walk to Los muertos pier to catch a water taxi to Yelapa.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank LindaandIris
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know you had a great time staying with us
We look forward to seeing you at our property again.

Kind Regards!