After checking out this hotel's reviews, my girlfriend and I decided we would spend our weekend getaway here. We arrived on a Friday afternoon without a reservation and were pleased to find they had rooms available. It was low season so I'd imagine this was the reason. The prices we had seen online were cheaper (probably some type of special we missed out on) so we figured we would only stay one night and change to another one. However upon discussing this with the gentleman at the front desk (his name was Orlando if I remember correctly and he was super friendly and helpful!) he said that there was a get-your-third-night-free special, so we decided to stay for the whole weekend.
Overall we were both very satisfied. The rest of the staff was friendly for the most part, everything was clean, and the room in general was comfortable. I felt there was plenty of closet space, the beds were comfy, and everything in the room worked properly for the most part. The best thing though was the location. As stated on their website and can be seen on a map, it's incredibly close to the beach, the malecon, and tons of restaurants and things to do. The staff was beyond informative and helpful when we asked about what to see, where to go, and how to get there (especially Orlando). If you prefer buses instead of taxis, you can find one to take you just about anywhere between the hotel and the airport within a block or two and several drop you off right in front of the hotel.
The only things that I would change were the internet, the floors outside, and the bedding. The internet's connection was very weak and went out frequently. I'm not sure what the problem was, could've been all the rain. I suppose I could've asked, but as we didn't need it for anything important, I just let it be. About the floors outside, I thought they were very slippery when wet, especially if you're wearing flip flops. They have signs warning you about this, but I think they should put some type of mats down to help prevent from any accidents. Lastly, I know you go to Vallarta for the tropical weather, but I think they should have a thicker blanket on the beds. I get hot easily and my girlfriend cold easily, so it was hard for us to find a happy medium. Maybe I'm just nitpicking with these, but it's my honest opinion.
Other than those few negatives I really enjoyed my stay and would absolutely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Puerto Vallarta, regardless of your budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon 'the sea walk', and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta