First of all, I would like to say that staff is efficient and doing their best to make your stay as good as possible. The hotel is also very clean and very well located. Some clients seemed to be regulars.
BUT - The hotel is rundown. I've done many trips around the world and this is probably the worst place I've been to. The first room I was in was simply a closet in the back corner of the yard. It was noisy and had no daylight. The smell of detergent was so strong when I arrived my eyes were tearing. And it wasn't really possible to air the room since no air was coming in. I asked to change room, and they did after a few days because I was told the hotel was full (though it had a vacancy sign on the door). The second room was better and bigger but still far from, in my view, the 4 stars I had read in the reviews (far far far from it!). At least, in the new room, I couldn't hear all the noise anymore. The beds were uncomfortable in both rooms and made my back hurt. (I don't have a back problem...) Bathrooms were very basic and outdated. Toilet wasn't working properly in the first room. And shower leaked in the bedroom in the second. It also took a while before you got any hot water. I couldn't see a lady stay in the room since the mirrors were simply not practical.
Some friends wouldn't believe me so I had them visit the room. They totally agreed with my review of the hotel.
Remember you have to leave a deposit for everything (keys, remote control, security box, etc.). 20 pesos here, 100 pesos there, etc. Advice: give your credit card number, it will make things simpler.
Would I recommend the place? No, for a few dollars more in PV you can get a lot more and you will still be travelling on a budget. I had chosen this hotel based on the reviews and I don't think they are neutral. As said before, this hotel is not near 4 stars, at most it would be a 2 or 2.5 stars because of the state of the rooms, the level on (no) luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon 'the sea walk', and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta