Hotel Posada de Roger
$184
$356
$273
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$286
$156
$81
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$132
$110
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewscommunity kitchengreat locationfredy's tucanmexican hotelromantic zonebasilio badillosmall poolzona romanticabudget hotelno elevatorexcellent breakfastceiling fancharming hotelthird floortwo blocksart galleriesshort walk to the beach
Reviewed November 12, 2012

25 years since I'd been to PV and wasn't sure what to expect. I found this quaint, humble, totally satisfying place on TripAdvisor.com, and was not disappointed. Dario was very responsive via email when I booked through them directly. They are so welcoming and accommodating . And if you need a hair blow dryer, they have one, an iron, an ironing board, etc. You can also rent a safe deposit box for free for just an up front deposit that they'll return to you. As a single woman traveller I felt totally safe here. Rooms are basic. Adjoining restaurant Freddy's Tucan serves the best breakfast with the best service I found in town.

Room Tip: For a quiet night's sleep choose an interior room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed November 11, 2012

2 weeks of complete relaxation in this small, very reasonably priced hotel. Everything is within walking distance to restaurants, beach and galleries. Very accommodating staff at the desk and excellent service from everyone employed at the Posada. Great value.

As a mature woman, travelling solo, I felt completely safe and well looked after. Thank you Dario and all your team for a great vacation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kitterCoquitlam_Bc
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

It was a pleasure to have you, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

First, let me tell you that I go to Puerto Vallarta 2-3 times a year and have stayed at a lot of the hotels in the area and this one by far had the best service and hospitality. They go out of there way to make sure everything during your stay is wonderful. I stayed there for 7 nights and room was always cleaned and grounds of the hotel well kept. Hotel itself is very Mexican and ozzes with charm from courtyard all the way to the top floor. Lots of traditional Mexican brick, tile work, beautiful pool on third floor. Hotel is very safe and secure. Next door is a great restaurant that serves affordable meals and is highly rated. Just down the street are some of my fav eateries including Cafe Olla, Cafe Jovita ( chocolate mole is the best!), great (forget the name) taco bar where you can sit and eat $1.00 taco's) a few blocks down you will hit the beach area...Location of the hotel is a few blocks off the main drag, but on a street full of excellent and reasonable places to eat. Just a couple of things though to note about this hotel if your not used to staying in Mexican style places... They ask for deposits for towels, remotes (tv) and also offer a safe near the reception area for you to put your passport. Rooms have tile floors ceiling fans, a/c (pretty cold a/c) could use little updating...but always clean and well kept. Lower floor though ( I moved first day) had a funky moldy type smell/ground floor?) and room I was moved had a tobacco odor. Also, the adjoining restaurant in the morning had some noise resinating into the courtyard of the hotel. I would recommend the upper floors. Some noise factor with disco that opened up directly behind, but with a/c and ceiling fan was drowned out and it wasnt constant. If your looking for a total quiet environment, probably not the hotel for you, but noise wasnt that extreme. Just certain times in the evens 11- 1 AM then its quiet... If your a budget tourist this is a great hotel... I booked this property April 2012 and cost for hotel and airfare was less than $700 for the entire week. Air I believe at booking was in excess of $400, so to the math and this is a great find... I would recommend to anybody... Its in the right location and service is superior to some of the higher end hotel that are in the area...

Room Tip: I would select a room on the upper floors and away from the adjoining restaurant... Inspect the room first for odors (tobacco) Make sure a/c works (any hotel/this one was perfectly fine)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments, we do have an excellente location but having a great location can also mean having noise. We have rooms that are quiet though, or atleast far from the noise.
We hope to have you back! and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful Puerto Vallarta as well as our hotel. We try our best to fit your needs!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Hotel is nice and well located, about 2 blocks from the beach.

Good
- Location
- Price
- Decor

Not so good
- Rooms on the street quite noisy. Was awakened a few times by loud trucks and blaring music
- The room air conditioner has only two settings, on and off. That meant that through the night we would have to get up to either turn the A/C off (too cold) or turn it on (too hot)

Room Tip: Get room away from the street
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon, thank you for your comments, we apologize for the noise heard but we are in the downtown area which makes it almost impossible for the street view rooms to be quiet, we do however have rooms that are a lot more quiet and away from the street, if you visit us again we will make sure to get a nice quiet room for you.
We also have new controls for the air conditioning, they all should have the switch to modify the air at your needs.
We hope to have you back for a better stay. Thank you for comments, we appreciate it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I expected a small cheap hitel what I got was new friends a great vacation close to beach and restaurant the melocon. spent 9 nights and had a great time. free water clean rooms they are re- modeling all the time. staff very helpful. i went to a non english speaking restaurant. The staff wrote ut what I wanted to eat I gave it to the restaurant staff and they fixed me exactly what I wanted. you pay a few up front charges but get them all back when you check out. I used there community kitchen alot and met the niceest people. I will stay again several times. I was there from oct 26 th until nov 4 th not near long enough. If you a looking for the Ritz stay there looking for a place to sleep and relax this hotel is your choice. yahoo had a great time thanks Hotel Posada De Rogers Eddie Denver

Room Tip: Drinking waster in community kitchen and main lobby free and plenty.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We are glad that you enjoy your stay with us, thanks a lot for your nice comments, and to share it with all travelers, we look forward to your next visit!