“Best location”

Ranked #18 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Tulsa, okla
“Best location”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times now. I've always been happy with the friendly people and how clean the hotel is. It is not on the beach but only a few blocks. I like staying in an authentic Mexican hotel. The flowers are beautiful and pool is clean. The restaurant Freddy Tucans Is soooo good, popular for locals and visitors alike.I felt safe and well taken care of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank beachtravel2
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments, this is what we strive for, to have you feel at home and safe. We love to hear our guest left happy and we hope to have you back for the 4th time !

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in July, and it is in a fantastic locaion in the old town, and close to the beach. The room we had was small and a little tired. The bed was only a double and with a couch in the room but hardly any room to move. Although the room was clean the linen was also very tired.
The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, and the swimming pool was very clean.
There is a fantastic restaurant attached to it called Fredy's Tucan which is awesome!
We felt safe in this area and on your doorstep are some great local eateries & taco stands.
The location is what makes this hotel! You can get the public bus from the airport to this hotel for 60peso (you just have to know where to get off)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My room was small, the mattress hard, and I found it hard to sleep a few times due to barking dogs and crowing roosters. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my week at the Posada de Roger and I felt it was good value. Why? First, I did not spend a lot of time in the room. I go to PV for the amazing weather and great activities, not the hotel room. Hard mattresses seem to abound in Mexico. My bathroom was pretty terrific. They had obviously renovated it very recently so the tiles and fixtures were brand new and sparkling clean. There was plenty of hot water and strong water pressure. One night I stayed up watching television and was impressed with the many channels on my flat screen. This is the kind of place that has mostly disappeared in the states - rustic, quirky, a bit rundown, but friendly, safe, clean, and very well-located. Staff all seemed very smart and gracious. I would go back.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter than street rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JoeYswimmer
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hotel Posada de Roger is a large, rustic establishment in Zona Romantic with friendly, helpful staff and efficient housekeeping. The lobby, courtyard and common areas are wonderful: open-sky, plentiful seating, lush with plants and trees. The pool is located on the roof, with plenty of chaise lounges, perfect for sunbathing. The popular restaurant Freddy Tucan's adjoins the hotel, serving delicious comida Méxicana at good prices (also with a great staff). My room had 3 beds for 1 person because I requested a balcony view - plus a small refrigerator rental $5/day. The hotel is clean, A/C works well, plus free cable and Wi-Fi. The staff monitored (and welcomed) my guest visitors, remembering them by name. I felt safe and happy during my entire stay, which is great when traveling alone.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are near the pool, which opens at 9:00 am. I was fine with sounds of families and kids...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank katedana
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We are very happy to hear your stay was great, we strive to do better everyday and pamper our guest. We hope to have the chance to have you back and continue to enjoy our services.

Have a great day :)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My third visit in a little over one year was better than the previous two, not that the prior two were unsatisfactory. I compare this to good wine, it just gets better and better.

The rates are affordable, the service could not get any better, the location excellent and , accessible to all your needs.

The management without a doubt know what a guest needs when asked, the staff polite at
all times, and always ready to help you with you for your needs or information.

Each return visit made me feel that I had returned home

SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST HOTEL POSADA DE ROGER IS WHAT YOU WILL
GET, I KNOW I HAVE AND PLAN TO RETURN AGAIN SHORTLY.

PAUL FROM SAN FRANCISCO

Room Tip: A higher up floor near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great hotel!!!!! Great location!!!! Only a few streets from the beach, close to lots of restraunts and bars, quite at night and friendly helpful staff. I stayed for about a week and a had great time. I would go back for sure! Theres a great little restraunt next door thats great for breakfast as well. The staff were always friendly and super amazing when i left some personal belongings in my room after i checked out and headed further south. They went well and truly over and beyond what would be expected of them to ensure by belongings were returned safely...5 stars from me. Davo Australia

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Little Canada, Minnesota
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is my first trip to Hotel Posada de Roger, I found it a delightful during my two week stay. The hotel is a charming oldstyle Mexican Hotel, very close to the beach and many other delightful places.. My wife and I enjoyed the hotel so much we have booked in for another stay in 2013.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room with its small balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Can't wait to have you back and continue enjoying our services.
Every comment is truly appreciated! Thank you