“My stay at Hotel Posada de Roger”

Hotel Posada de Roger
Ranked #17 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Little Canada, Minnesota
“My stay at Hotel Posada de Roger”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is my first trip to Hotel Posada de Roger, I found it a delightful during my two week stay. The hotel is a charming oldstyle Mexican Hotel, very close to the beach and many other delightful places.. My wife and I enjoyed the hotel so much we have booked in for another stay in 2013.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room with its small balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Can't wait to have you back and continue enjoying our services.
Every comment is truly appreciated! Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been vacationing in PV for 19 years now and 16 of those years I have stayed at Posada de Roger. I have friends for the past 10 years that only stay at Posada.
You can't beat the rate, location or friendly service. It is also located next door to the best breakast in PV (Fredy Toucan's). It is located only 2 blocks from the beach with a Bakery across the street that makes everything fresh every day !
I bet if you stayed here, you would agree with me !

James

Room Tip: Oops ! there is not Fitness Center..couldnt get it unclicked ! my tip : if you have trouble navigat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PVR4ME
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for you amazing comments, we are looking forward to having you for many years more :)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I visit Puerto Vallarta twice a year (11 times now), and have stayed at the Roger twice, and have already booked for November. The location is fantastic and extremely convenient. The hotel is clean, quaint and comfortable. The front desk staff are amazing, and very accommodating and
the price is second to none. There are beautiful flowers everywhere, and a small pool which is maintained daily. This location is superb, close to the malecon, shops and restaurants, and just 2 blocks to the beach. There is a wonderful restaurant next door which serves great food, plus others up the street. I would recommend this hotel, it is great valuer for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Heather216
, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Good Afternoon Heather,

We are very happy to hear this, we are very lucky to be in such a great location and we know that's what our guest love, we hope you keep enjoying of our services, our priority is keeping our amazing guests happy.
See you soon!
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days while we were waiting to go to a villa we had rented. wonderful breakfast restaurant, clean rooms. Although the rooms are basic they still have that mexican flair. If you are looking for luxury this is not the place for you, but I liked it. The pool was clean and the service was good. They have safety deposit boxes at the front desk. You definitely get your money's worth at this hotel compared to the others at the same price. The location is very central to old P.V. and good restaurants. The bed was a bit hard but they all are, even in the pricier hotels. I wouldn't hesitate to go back here to save a few bucks. One thing though, be prepared to hear roosters from the nearby hills early in the morning.

Room Tip: we were on the middle floor, I think the rooms on the top are a little quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we would be more than happy to have you back with us.
Being in the downtown area there will be times you here cars, the morning life and even the roosters as you say but it's nothing to exagerated or to loud.
We do have more quiter rooms though. We also have new matresses in almost all the rooms, still need a couple but soon they will all be complete. We have extra comforters also so if you need extra comfort we will make sure to get that for you.
We hope our services continue to satisfy your and other guest needs.

We hope to have you back!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Clean, Comfortable Beds, Garden courtyard with small pool, reasonable rates,wonderful breakfast restaurant! People line up down the block to come to this restaurant for breakfast, but guest can enter from inside the hotel without standing in line.The home baked cinnamon rolls are the best anywhere! Good shopping!
In an old part of town a few blocks from the beach. Many good restaurants within walking distance,
Spotty wi-fi, mostly available in the courtyard. If you want a modern 5 star hotel with all the bells and whistles, this isn't it, but if you want to see the culture in the old part of town, this is it. New Year's eve is lovely here with families out on the beach watching fireworks and a festive atmosphere. It's a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms face a restaurant, which stays open late on the left, and on the right overlooking th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerianne33
, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay, our Hotel is indeed a very Mexican style hotel, traditional and full of charm :) We hope you have the chance to come back and enjoy many more delicious plates from our Retaurant Fredys Tucan.
See you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I go to Puerto Vallarta every year and I have a few favorite places I usually stay but I am always looking for new places based on price and location for future vacations. I have been wanting to try Posada Roger (because of it's location) for a couple of years and I was lucky that this trip gave me a chance to try it my first night while waiting to check in to my timeshare resort the next day.

I was disappointed. I expected "quaint". I got old. There is a difference. The room was just too run down and small. The manager came in the evening and told us our TV was too loud when I could hardly hear it. The 15" TV was placed in a cavity in the upper right corner of the room and I just couldn't hardly hear it. And my hearing is perfect by the way. The beds are just old and it is obvious that there is not much done in the way of maintenance. The A/C did not keep the room anywhere near cool enough.

The Positive: The front desk staff were extremely friendly at check in and check out. When you walk in you will think that is is a beautiful, quaint, little old hotel and the Mexican decor is pretty. I like the small pool and pool area.

I would stay here again if I were traveling alone, looking for an extreme bargain, and the price was right. The reason I say that is because the location is PERFECT. It is right in the middle of the absolute BEST part of Puerto Vallarta. The location is OUTSTANDING.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank david760
posadaroger, Gerente at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hola,
we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at the hotel posada de roger.
I'm Dario Pomina , the manager of the hotel, probably the man which came to ask you about the Tv volume was another person ( maybe the recepcionist ), not me, sorry about it.
The recepcionist usually ask a guest to put the volume down only if another guest from another room complains about it.
All the tvs that we have at the hotel are 21" ( the last 15" tv was removed more than one year ago ) now most of the rooms have new LCD flat screen. Our rooms are decorated like mexican style hotel, and you can see in our pictures that some furniture are new but they always keep the mexican essence.
We are changhing the mattress, too with box spring but since we have 47 rooms we have to do it little by little
We invite you to come to visit again and I promise that the next time we will give you a room with a LCD tv with new forniture.
Thanks for apreciating our staff, we love to care for our guest, and guest like our personalized service
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel is really cute, very typical and personable. The location is excellent: very close to amenities, restaurants, the beach, the bus stops. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The piping network is not very good (odors in the bathroom) but nothing to really worry about. The setting is perfect for people visiting the city. The place is very calm and the upkeep is irreprochable. Really worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria_BS60713
posadaroger, Manager at Hotel Posada de Roger, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, we have a lot of great places to visit around our Hote which does make things a lot easier for everyone. We are still in the process of renovating various things and we hope on your next visit your stay you will be 100% satisfied. Our goal is to always strive for the best.

Best Regards,