Absolutely loved this hotel located on a side street, half a block from the main Hotel (Playa Los Arcos, Olas Atlas 380, PV). Everything was top-notch and exceeded my expections. A great value for the price.
I had no problem checking in a little early (~ 1 PM). The staff spoke English much better than my broken Spanish. The room (Jr. Suite) was clean, authentic Mexican, a wonderful King-sized comfortable bed (firm, yet soft for sleeping), and two (2) fold-out queen sized sofa sleepers (I did not use nor open these). A nice little veranda with two plastic chairs and a table for morning coffee. Shower only, plenty of hot water although I had to let it run the first morning as I got up late (10.30). And the a/c worked great!
Convenient little kitchenette with 2 burner electric stove, college dormitory style fridge (kept my half-litre water bottles nice and cold), coffee maker, pots & pans, plates, cups and bowls. Oddly enough, I did not find any utensils, but I didn't look too hard either.
Guests at the Suites may also use the facilities of the sister hotels (Playa Los Arcos and Casa Dona Susana). Great larger pool at Playa Los Arcos opens up onto the beach with plenty of sun all day long and a great restaurant. Every other night typical local music is played in the restaurant for your listening pleasure.
The location is perfectly situated in the middle of the Romantic Zone in old (Puerto) Vallarta within easy walking distance of the beach (a block and a half) and the Melecon (Boardwalk); a coffee shop where ex-pats gather to chat, exchange paperback books and play games; local restaurants (Chinese, Italian, Joe Jack's, Contemporary European/Austrian, the Pancake house, and the absolute best Tacos al Pastor at Tacos Panchos on Basilio Badillo). Santander Bank has a location two (2) blocks away on Olas Altas (exchange money WITH A PASSPORT) or numerous Casas de Cambio in the area that pay a slightly lower rate but are open longer hours and DO NOT require your Passport. The hotel probably exchanges money, but I never inquired. Numerous corner stores (Oxxo) for little snacks and such are in the area.
If you want to experience a typical authentic Mexican hotel with great friendly attentive staff, this is your place. If you want a North American style luxurious resort, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS ARCOS SUITES is a beautiful and cozy boutique style hotel of exquisite colonial Mexican architecture. Without any doubt, this hotel is the perfect place to stay and enjoy an unforgettable vacation on the beach, the best option for honeymoons, a couple getaway or a family fun vacation. PERFECTLY LOCATED in the heart of the Romantic Zone, an area full of galleries, restaurants and incredible nightlife, only steps away from the vibrant downtown adn the famous brodwalk of Puerto Vallarta. You can have the Restaurant and Bar, Beach Cub, and the Spa sevices of our sister hotel Playa Los Arcos, located half block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Arcos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Arcos Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Los Arcos Puerto Vallarta