“wonderful! stay here!”
Review of Los Arcos Suites

Los Arcos Suites
Ranked #22 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 19, 2009

the best pools, the best location, and great happy hour! dont bother renting a car, you won't need it. Just take a cab from the airport!

the rooms are great, some have a little fridge, I would defiantely stay here again! On the beach, walk to many resturants. In the "right" part of town! Just charming.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank imakay

Reviewed January 2, 2009

My family and I loved this hotel! It was very simple. The pool at this hotel was very quiet and perfect for my child to swim in. We loved the old town view that we had from our room, we could even see the children's school along with homes, palm trees, and the beauty of cobblestone streets. It was beautiful as well as cultural. The hospitality was wonderful, we were greeted each time we left and returned the hotel. And the staff was quick to give directions and help in any way. The rooms were simple and larger than average with a tiny kichenette perfect to fit our needs. Keep in mind that the bathroom was tiny, but never an issue for us. VERY WONDERFUL LOCATION. Among many other places I highly recommend the coffee/book shop accross the street. Great vegie sandwich!
Then a block away accross the street is the sister beach front hotel. Great everything! Keep in mind that this is a family oriented hotel and it says it right on the sign! So you will see many children playing by the pool and in the restaurant, the staff encourages the children to be happy, so enjoy them! Also the beach vendors will be on the beach selling their product so enjoy the ambiance of them as well. If you want to sit back and breathe in the Mexican culture and families having fun this is the place for you!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank estrellagirl
Reviewed December 26, 2008

We have been staying at the Hotel Los Arcos, for more than 24 years. We have stayed in the suites, and the the beach fronts, and pretty much all over. We have always been treated with the utmost respect, and as repeat clients, treated as though it were our home away from home. We have watched the hotel grow, as well as the staff, and see them not only as friends, but family.
I read one review that was very negative, and unkind. We have stayed in the most expensive hotels in Vegas, Tahoe, and Hawaii, and have had bed bugs, roaches, and ants as well. We have had some iguanas at the Los Arcos, but they are very friendly, and we enjoy their company. We will continue our visits there, as last year we had 3, and the coming year 3 as well.
They are a family friendly hotel, with some very wonderful staff....
We have also met some wonderful people that have moved there from the states. We consider them friends, and always will. We will be returning in March of 09 for our anniversary, and then again for a special birthday in Sept 09, not to mention a trip in November, or December. This is the place to stay, in the heart of old Vallarta!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank samrand
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Nice comfortable apartment room only one block from the beach. Our suite had it's own balcony overlooking the pool, but some other rooms had balcony's overlooking the street. The room was basic but comfortable. It had 2 sofas, large king-size bed, aircon, wardrobe, safe, drawers, TV, hairdryer, kitchenette area with fridge, electric rings, toaster, pans, plates, cutlery etc. Only thing missing as far as I was concerned was a kettle, although there was a coffee machine. There is an average bathroom, plus towels etc.

The Suites are linked to the main hotel just round the corner. The suites have their own pool, but you can also use the main hotel pools (although they were usually more crowded) and the hotel beach area, including sun beds, towels etc. There are event evenings in main hotel restaurant several times a week. We went to the Mexican evening, which had a great buffet meal, followed by some traditional dancers. Make sure you get a table by the beach to watch the sunset!

The Suites are very close to restaurants, cafes, the beach etc. There's a large supermarket about 5-10 mins walk away, and the main town is about 10-15 mins walk. It seems to be near several bus routes.

The hotel is not the quietest hotel, which is probably partly due to the tile flooring and tile corridors etc. There were people in the pool late on our first night and we were woken up one night by some noisy neighbours. However, the aircon works well, so helps to drown out some noise, and means you don't have to have the windows open at night.

There is a fantastic second hand bookshop (mostly English books) and cafe on the corner of the street. You can even trade in the books you have finished!

We would recommend Cafe d'Olla, in the next street.

The beach is not the quietest beach - it is best early in the morning, when there are fewer people around. It gets more crowded late morning, and especially in the afternoon. However, we got used to the many people offering to sell you souvenirs, jewelry, trips etc. We saw some amazing sunsets!

If you like horse riding, we would recommend Pedro Lopez in Mismaloya. He is a great guide and speaks great English.

All in all, I would recommend it, and I would certainly return there if I returned to Puerto Vallarta! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank starfish4321
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I have stayed at the two other hotels in the Los Arcos group so I decided to try the Los Arcos Suites on my recent trip to Puerto Vallarta. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room, which included a kitchenette, king size bed, sitting area, and balcony. The furnishings and decor were of a similar standard to that found in the other Los Arcos hotels....which is fairly basic. However the room was comfortable, always clean, and the A/C kept it cool. I noticed my mini-fridge was not working and let the front desk know, when I returned from breakfast it had been fixed.

One of the benefits of using a Los Arcos hotel is that you can use the facilities at all three hotels in the group, so I never wound up using the pool at the Suites. An annoying subset of this is that in order to get pool/beach towels you have to walk over to the towel desk at the Playa Los Arcos, which requires crossing the street and then passing through the crowded and slippery pool area at that hotel. You also have to use a "towel card" in order to check out your towels which was a bit of a nuisance. Another problem was that since there is only one front desk clerk working at the Suites, they were often slammed if there were multiple parties checking in and out. This was especially noticeable around noontime.

My main reason for being a fan of the Suites is its combination of good value and great location. The room rates are reasonable and it is situated at the heart of the Olas Altas neighborhood, where you are close to the beach, nightlife, and great restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank globeseekerpa
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We were planning a weekend trip (last minute) to Puerto Vallarta while we were visiting Guadalajara. I wanted something inexpensive since everything in Vallarta is expensive, but I also wanted something close to the beach. We have 3 kids, ages 1,2,&3, so being close to everything was important. This hotel is in a great location right accross from the beach, also the sister hotel Playa Los Arcos is right on the beach and you have access to all of their facilities. The pool has a kids pool section which was great for the kids. Also it is a small hotel so there wasn't a huge pool crowd. The room was good for the price, everything was clean, and the bedroom was seperate from the living area. It also had a little kitchen so we were able to cook instead of eat in the expensive restaurants. The only problem we ran accross was parking. The parking lot is only accessible by having the hotel hunt down security to open it up. After 20 minutes of waiting we found out the parking lot was full. They were trying to find us parking elsewhere, but a space opened up while we were waiting. All in all, it was a good place to stay for us, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank crzychk01
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I have stayed their four times, twice at the hotel and twice at the Arcos suites and I have had to move each time. It seems when a person checks in they give you the worst room in the place and if you don't complain then that is what you get.They do have some ok rooms so after a couple days they will move you if you complain about your room, but they don't make it easy for you. I've never been their yet when I've not seen other people complaining about their rooms when they got there and my luck hasn't been any better. I am not a complainer but I feel like I should get what I pay for. My last vacation there I booked the Arcos suites so we could have the fridge and stove and balconey, when I get their they say their full and want to move me to the hotel which is supposed to be a up grade, the room was small and noisy on the street side of the hotel, no fridge or stove. I was told I could get the room I booked in four days, I finally got it in five days because they told me the people in that room booked one more day. I could go into my other stays there but I would run out of space. I like Puerto Vallarata and I like the downtown area better than the hotel strip now I just have to find a different place downtown to stay. Frustrated with the Los Arcos properties.

Stayed: February 2008