Well my girlfriend and I left Toronto, on December 1st of this year. We booked our trip last minute with my travel agent. I usually travel all over the world about 4-8 times a year so I know what to expect from everywhere....
We read all the reviews about the hotel and the night life; we really weren't looking for anything expensive or high end. We were hoping to go to a resort where there would be tons of people our age so we can party and have a great time away from the cold here in Toronto.
Originally when I spoke to my agent I told her I wanted to be at the Playa Los Arcos, which is directly on the beach. We looked at the information together and we booked it. Well of course when we got to the hotel (which was about 20/25 minutes away from the airport-great viewing... Get to see downtown and all the night life stuff) when I get to the front desk I find out that I was booked for the Los Arcos Vallarta, I was a bit irritated, Not with the staff at all, cause it wasn't their fault, they were actually very helpful.
It only took us 30 seconds to cross the street and only took us about 5-8 minutes to check-in. When my girlfriend and I opened up the door to our room, we understand what other people meant by the room smelling. It's just smells damp or muggy. That usually happens to most hotels (even 5 start hotels) if they don't have proper ventilation systems. (Remember that in our room we only had one window that opened to the outside and that was in the bathroom). During our stay the hotels pool and top 4th floor is under construction so we had to visit the other two hotels just for the pool. (But again like I said before it's only a 30 second walk-I'm sure the local guys didn't mind my girlfriend and I walking past in our bikini's hehehe) The buffet often repeated itself, so it got boring at times, but at least during lunch you get a chance to order from the snack menu (we recommend the club house and the shrimp sandwich.
We were disappointed to see that there really weren't that many people our own age, but we found out that it's just the time year that we have traveled. Most people our age travel to Puerto Vallarta during Spring break. So we have already told our bosses that we'll be traveling again in March!!
The best thing about where the hotel is located is it is only 3 blocks away from the BEST place!! Senior Frogs. Don't be confused because there are many locations, but this one is the best! The staff makes you feel 100 % comfortable!! Ask for Fernando, tell him his Canadian Girlfriend Danielle (who he wants to steal) Say's Hi ;)
As I said before I travel a lot, and I've even been to Cancun. I would like to admit that the beaches in Cancun are much better, but the Night life in Puerto Vallarta... IS AMAZING!!
OHHHH and one other thing... Make sure you all take this trip:
CANOPY RIVER TOUR VALLARTA
It is the most amazing thing anyone can possibly do!!
Enjoy Everything that Puerto Vallarta can offer you !! Partying, great food, and great weather!!
Your friends here in Toronto Canada!!
Danielle And Matilda (P.S. If there is anyone else traveling this Spring Break 2007 make sure to let us know !! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Dona Susana Hotel is one of the few intimate Boutique Style Adults-Only HOtels in Puerto Vallarta and where exclusivity is felt right down to the smallest details. However you spend your time, a vacation at this hotel is sure to be wonderfully relaxing experience. Discover Casa Dona Susana, the hotel that guarantees you memorable vacations. Relax in our recently renovated pool and solarium terrace, enjoy the sun of simply admire the panoramic bay view, the spectacular tropical mountains and the blue sea. Savor the most romantic sunsets in Puerto Vallarta You can enjoy the Restaurant, Beach Club, Bar and Spa service of our partner hotel, Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort & Spa, located just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Casa Dona Susana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dona Susana Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Dona Susana Puerto Vallarta