We just returned from Puerto Vallarta and another stay at Casa Dona Susana... Our first stay here was several years ago when we received a complimentary stay through a promotion. We were warned that this was a budget property and offered an upgrade at the time. I am so glad we were sent here the first time as we really love it!
This hotel is part of Los Arcos Hotels...3 hotels that are all right next to each other. The main hotel, Playa Los Arcos, is beach front and offers beachfront views from most rooms it appears. They have a nice pool and hot tub and towel service and spa and beach access. Casa Dona Susanna sits just behind the main hotel, literally steps away. Dona Casa Susana is an older hotel, but is very charming. The rooms are all done up in old Mexican style with the room entrances all around a central atrium type area with beautiful plants. You can literally see every room (4 floors) from the entrance to your room, which is very convenient if you want to look out and find your travel companions.
This hotel is for the most part quiet, as it is adults only for the most part. Most rooms have one king-sized bed, and each room is a little different. There are a few that have two beds...if you want this type be sure and request it, as there aren't too many of those.
There are basically 3 types of rooms: superior Jr. Suite, Jr. Suite, and Standard. The Superior rooms are all the rooms facing the street with large balconies with tables and chairs, plus a fridge, kitchenette with silverware, pans, burners. These actually have partial ocean views, though not much, you can actually see the ocean from the balconies. The regular Jr. Suites have all this minus the balcony, some have windows that look outside and some only have windows that face the atrium of the hotel. The standard rooms are pretty standard, I don't think they have a fridge, but they might.
All the rooms have good air-conditioners! The satellite tv has many stations, nearly 100, with about maybe 5-10 with English - speaking shows.
The water was warm but never got very hot during this visit.
The internet is complimentary and good. The service seems a little sketchy the first night as I had to log on multiple times, but the next couple nights it worked perfectly.
The only downside to me of having the Superior Jr. Suites with the balconies is that these rooms are quite noisy in the morning and evening, lots of street noise, vehicle noise, dog noise, people noise and construction noise. If this bothers you and you don't mind not having the balcony, just get a Jr. Suite, as these will be much quieter.
This hotel has an excellent location, in Old Vallarta, close to the beach, and walking distance to Centro...maybe about 10 minutes walk along the beach. We love being able to walk every where from here. There is a bus stop right around the corner, like 2 blocks away. We love eating at the local restaurants...they are very reasonable, especially compared to other Mexican beach destinations, such as Cabo.
The front desk staff and housekeeping are very friendly here as well, and their English is very good. A taxi back to the airport is 250 pesos...a little over $20.00 The taxi prices from the airport are 260 pesos in a small nissan car and 520 pesos for a van for more than 3 people. ($22.00 and $48.00 approximately). If you have limited luggage you can actually take the city bus all the way from the airport to about 2 blocks from the hotel for about 50cents.
Beds are firm, which was perfect for me. Got a couples one hour massage at a nice place around the corner for only 600 pesos... $50.00 great deal.
Rooms are not luxury... decorated nicely Mexican style, but maybe 2 stars compared to US standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Dona Susana Hotel is one of the few intimate Boutique Style Adults-Only HOtels in Puerto Vallarta and where exclusivity is felt right down to the smallest details. However you spend your time, a vacation at this hotel is sure to be wonderfully relaxing experience. Discover Casa Dona Susana, the hotel that guarantees you memorable vacations. Relax in our recently renovated pool and solarium terrace, enjoy the sun of simply admire the panoramic bay view, the spectacular tropical mountains and the blue sea. Savor the most romantic sunsets in Puerto Vallarta You can enjoy the Restaurant, Beach Club, Bar and Spa service of our partner hotel, Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort & Spa, located just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Casa Dona Susana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dona Susana Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Dona Susana Puerto Vallarta