“Wonderful vacation spot”

Ranked #60 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Conway, Arkansas
“Wonderful vacation spot”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is our third time staying here and have had excellent stay each time. I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to Vallarta. The room was clean and well kept. Claudia at the front desk was able to guide us to the best room.

Room Tip: The best views are from the corner suites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Picassomendez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After taking some time to decide on a hotel from home we decided on this one it is very affordable everyone is helpful and friendly especially Ian at the front desk they helped us in all the ways we needed even let me make a free local phone call and helped me get a taxi to pick me up there, gave us discount bracelets to the restaurant and has great access to the beach a bit far from the party zone but not too bad it was a great experience!!

Room Tip: Beachfront view is worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank eli129
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Someone mentioned "hospital type televisions" in their review, and I laughed, because I never noticed if there was a television at all! (And looking back, I still can't remember.) This hotel brings simplicity and beauty together like no other. Great oceanview rooms, great price, great staff, wonderful restaurant. I missed my flight and on the way back from the airport, I let the taxi driver talk me into staying at Los Arcos for that one final night. It's down the street from the Emperador and I had walked by many times and seen the beautiful swimming pool from the entrance, so I thought I'd give it a try. That experience (wristbands, screaming children, no wifi, hundreds of balconies jammed next together like the chairs at the pool, etc. etc.) really drove home how wonderful the Emperador is. Quiet, private, simple. There isn't a swimming pool, but I learned from my experience at Los Arcos that a swimming pool equals hundreds of screaming kids. Anyway, the beach is outside the door, so who needs a swimming pool? The Emperador is definitely my new favorite hotel in PV.

Room Tip: Ask for beach-facing balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shannie_p
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of May 2012 . We upgraded to the oceanfront room and I would recommend that to everybody, since other rooms are facing street, which is not that pretty. I liked simple Mexican style room furniture, large balcony and simple modern reception area. Since we sleep on a harder bed at home, I had no problem at all. The service in front desk was outstanding. You have to be careful in the city asking people questions, like what to do and where to go, because you may end up in the time share presentation, so front desk was very safe and helpful guide to all our activities. I want to mention a receptionist Ian, who was like our "personal guide" giving us all the tips we needed. The restaurant downstairs is a little pricey, but one of the best in town, offering high end food and service. I was so grateful that we didn't take all inclusive hotel, since food is amazing and not expensive in general and most all inclusive hotels are located near marina or in Nuevo Vallarta, where is nothing to do besides the hotel amenities and you need to take taxi every time you want to go out to the old town. I didn't see any pool in the hotel, but who needs it, when a warm ocean is just feet away? One thing I would suggest, is to use the beach further from the hotel, towards residential area, where are less sales people trying to sell you something (the hotel is located towards the end of luxury beach restaurant's row, where is a lot of action).
The old town area is very safe, (we walked all over until 1AM many times), trendy (a lot of art galleries, restaurants) and full of life.

Room Tip: I highly recommed upgrading to ocean front rooms. It is the same price if you upgrade online or at t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank editukes
Osage Beach, MO
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm in the process of planning our next PV vacation. My previous rating of 3 must have been an error. All I can say to the reviewers who bad mouth the Emperador is:

1. You were probably not staying in one of the beach front rooms with balcony.
2. If you were in one of these rooms and still complaining, you just have no appreciation for the REAL PV. I would advise you to go blow the budget on a 5 star all-inclusive over on the east coast.

My wife and I have stayed at the Emperador many times and hope for many more.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upgrade to the b.eachfront room with kitchen and balcony
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jduckOsageBeach_MO
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend and I arrived and the staff were very friendly. I had reserved a standard room and asked for an ocean view. They did not have one so they upgraded us to a standard suite with no additional charge. You can take a beer and smokes down to the lobby to use the wifi, they have 2 computers for use. We stayed a M-F with no problems. The room was fine with a new plasma tv, nothing new but just right. We also had friends over for some late night drinking and had no problem with the front desk with letting them in. I'm going to be staying here again in a month, but this time I think I will check out the Junior Suite. Also they have no safe deposit in the room but instead it is downstairs int he lobby. If you get a box you will get a key for it and it cannot be opened without your key and the key the front desk has.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZacSF
NYC
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I just returned from a 11 day visit, I travel to Puerto Vallerta every year, this year i changed hotels and VERY happy i did. It is not a Hyatt or a 5 Star Hotel, but what it is..... is a Clean, Safe, Friendly hotel. We had a standard suite (room 206) and it was great! Nice new Bed. Flat Screen TV, and most importantly....... great view of the BEACH! The front desk staff was very helpful, spoke English very well. Any thing worth doing is with in walking distance! Some of the best food was with in a four block ratios of hotel. You have an OXXO mini mart across the street that is open 24 hours for water, snacks, and an ATM. The malecon beach area which the hotel is on is the best in PV. The vendors are always selling something, but a polite "NO THANKS" and there on there way! Oh! and dont bother buying the silver jewelry from those vendors. Its a Nickel Base /Silver plated jewelry. If you want GOOD silver Jewelry, There are a few good stores in the area. They sell it buy the gram weight..... (dont pay over 38 per gram) I nice solid bracelet for example should only cost you $1000 peso's or so (around $80 US). Any questions? Just ask, I'll be glad to answer any questions!

Room Tip: Rooms 206 and 209 were great rooms. They were standard suites. Now, I did look at several rooms, and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends