Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Hotel & Suites
$342
$278
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$269
$179
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$631
$258
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$520
$286
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$201
  • Breakfast included
$396
$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
All reviewsstandard suitefront deskoutdoor kitchensi senorrestaurant downstairsromantic zoneoxxo storefree wifi in the lobbybasic hotelfull size fridgedesk stafflocation is greatlos muertosrooftop terraceflat screen tvlarge balconyrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm in the process of planning our next PV vacation. My previous rating of 3 must have been an error. All I can say to the reviewers who bad mouth the Emperador is:

1. You were probably not staying in one of the beach front rooms with balcony.
2. If you were in one of these rooms and still complaining, you just have no appreciation for the REAL PV. I would advise you to go blow the budget on a 5 star all-inclusive over on the east coast.

My wife and I have stayed at the Emperador many times and hope for many more.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upgrade to the b.eachfront room with kitchen and balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jduckOsageBeach_MO
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend and I arrived and the staff were very friendly. I had reserved a standard room and asked for an ocean view. They did not have one so they upgraded us to a standard suite with no additional charge. You can take a beer and smokes down to the lobby to use the wifi, they have 2 computers for use. We stayed a M-F with no problems. The room was fine with a new plasma tv, nothing new but just right. We also had friends over for some late night drinking and had no problem with the front desk with letting them in. I'm going to be staying here again in a month, but this time I think I will check out the Junior Suite. Also they have no safe deposit in the room but instead it is downstairs int he lobby. If you get a box you will get a key for it and it cannot be opened without your key and the key the front desk has.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZacSF
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I just returned from a 11 day visit, I travel to Puerto Vallerta every year, this year i changed hotels and VERY happy i did. It is not a Hyatt or a 5 Star Hotel, but what it is..... is a Clean, Safe, Friendly hotel. We had a standard suite (room 206) and it was great! Nice new Bed. Flat Screen TV, and most importantly....... great view of the BEACH! The front desk staff was very helpful, spoke English very well. Any thing worth doing is with in walking distance! Some of the best food was with in a four block ratios of hotel. You have an OXXO mini mart across the street that is open 24 hours for water, snacks, and an ATM. The malecon beach area which the hotel is on is the best in PV. The vendors are always selling something, but a polite "NO THANKS" and there on there way! Oh! and dont bother buying the silver jewelry from those vendors. Its a Nickel Base /Silver plated jewelry. If you want GOOD silver Jewelry, There are a few good stores in the area. They sell it buy the gram weight..... (dont pay over 38 per gram) I nice solid bracelet for example should only cost you $1000 peso's or so (around $80 US). Any questions? Just ask, I'll be glad to answer any questions!

Room Tip: Rooms 206 and 209 were great rooms. They were standard suites. Now, I did look at several rooms, and room types (maids cleaning the rooms with doors open) and I have to say, That the Jr Suites (which are bigger than a standard suite) are ok, but I felt the floor plan was wrong. The sitting rooms in the Jr suites had no TV's. and the AC unit is in the main sitting room.....so, I think the sleeping area wont get the air from the AC unit last. Just a thought. were as the Standard Suite it is just right! You could feel the air, see the TV and had a nice little love seat in it also. The Balcony's are awesome! Full sink , and stove/oven. Big table and nice seating for 4 adults. Avoid rooms ending in 11 (example 311) there is a big structural wall that blocks views of the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Eric G
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed one night only, found the accommodations adequate, the decor what I call 'Mexican Basic', meaning, bed, two night stands, small side table, hospital type T.V. bolted high on the wall, nothing more. Everything was clean, view over the ocean lovely, desk staff bilingual and helpful, great location, walking distance to all attractions in P.V. Somewhat overpriced at a shade over $100USD per night for such a basic room, although it was called a suite due to the balcony with the kitchen on the balcony. All in all, I would give it an O.K.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nina S
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I just needed the room for one night and it was pleasant enough. The check in was not the greatest as the clerk was on the phone (personal call it sounded like) but once he was concentrating on me, he was prompt and apologetic.

The room was good, it was more then I had expected, and was pleasant that it was a beach front room.

The people at Emperador seem friendly and pleasant. The hotel is in a great location.
I would recommend the hotel, my only complaint was the initial entry with the clerk being on the phone.

Room Tip: ensure you ask for a beach front room, otherwise you get the noise of traffic all night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo