“Good location, decent value, but needs work”
Review of Eloisa Hotel

Eloisa Hotel
Ranked #103 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 6, 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Eloisa over New Year's. We stayed there because they didn't have a minimum night stay over this time period like other hotels did. The hotel is in a nice location, overlooking a square and only 1 block from the beach. It was reasonably clean and the staff was friendly. The only complaint I have relates to linens. Only two bath towels, no face towels, no floor mat. Sheets were okay, but the beadspread was disgusting and was in tatters. I wouldn't touch it. Ever. The place was okay for what we needed, but a little money spent on towels and bed covering is desparately needed.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TexanJoe

Reviewed December 10, 2009

We booked this hotel because of its location, I LOVE old town PV. The price was super cheap but the first night was horrid...we booked the cheapest room...and it wasn't nice at all.

The next night we upgraded to a suite which was completely night and day from the previous room. It had to A/C units, a very comfortable bed, balcony with an incredible view, kitchen, and living room...also a very clean bathroom.

We will probably stay in the hotel again...but it will definitely be in a suite.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyRoseTravels
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Hotel Eloisa was not my first choice for a centrally located hotel but my first choice was full so I checked out Hotel Eloisa. My husband and I stayed 2 nights. The room was in the interior (no view) so was quiet, no traffic noise. The room was clean, including the bathroom. It did take a few minutes to get hot water but it eventually came. The location was GREAT, right near the beach and river. The roof-top views of the city and beach made for a nice place to hang out and take a dip in the pool. The price was great for PV, about $53 per night. Beds were typical of Mexico, on the hard side. My only complaint was that we had 2 double beds in a fairly small room. I moved the furniture around to get to the closet. A 10 peso tip left for the maid got us paper flowers with real leaves and the towel folded like a bird in the bathroom. We needed a taxi to get to the airport and the front desk had one for us in under 5 minutes. Overall, not a bad place for the price and location. I have been in worse and nicer hotels in Mexico so this is about the middle of the road in my opinion. I would go back to Hotel Eloisa.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank moskid
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Just came back from 3 days at Hotel Eloisa. Thankfully we moved after the third day. I'm guessing from some of the better reviews it has received on Trip Advisor that it has seen better days. Location is great. Our view was good. We had a suite overlooking the park.
That's about it for good. Friends also rented a suite. Their view was a joke. Of people's garbage. The rooms/suites look nothing like the pictures on the internet.

I can't imagine cooking in the kitchen. Very small refrigerator. A hot plate that one would have to be an all star athlete to plug in. No oven. And very few actual utensils, pots, etc.
Not at all clean. Lots of windows, but all quite dirty. Several stained, non functioning roman shades to cover the windows. Even the walls were stained and dirty.

For the price I would think one could do better. Even in the Romantic Zone and if you have to - I'd consider being a few more blocks from the ocean.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2009

I booked a air/hotel package from Expedia that included this hotel. I booked a suite with the european suite with a king size bed, air, kitchenette. 24 hours before my departure to Puerto Vallarta I called the hotel and asked them to reserve me a suite with a view of the ocean, which they agreed to do. By the way, I do speak spanish fluently. When I got to the hotel, they gave me a room that had no view, was very small with a bed that had a mattress about 2 or 3 inches thick, sitting on top of a piece of plywood, so it was hard as a rock. I am a really easy going person, who generally accepts things as they are, but this room was very run down, and I do mean run down. I then went to the front desk and told them I was suppose to be in a suite with a view, and presented my printed agreement from Expedia. The guy at the front desk was rather rude and told me this was all he had. I then asked for a international phone number to call Expedia and he told me he had none.
I then went to an internet cafe that is a short distance away and called Expedia, and explained my problem. They attempted to call the hotel over a period of 45 minutes before they could get someone to answer. In the meantime I am stuck on hold, paying for a long distance call from Puerto Vallarta to the United States. After Expedia was finally able to reach the hotel, they came back on the line to me and told me Eloisa would refund my total amount of my money which was for a 2 night stay. Expedia for my troubles provided me an additional voucher for $150.00 dollars for my inconvienance. One last note, I had asked the hotel if they would refund my money since they were not providing me the type of room I had paid for and the guy at the front desk told me no.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank On The Go 2000
Reviewed October 14, 2008

we've been coming to PV for couple of years now and we've stayed from a really nice hotel/condo to NOT so nice hotel. If you're looking for something in between you will not be disappointed with Hotel Eloisa. I LOVE this place. It's in the middle of everything!!! Restaurants, malecon, shopping, bars and clubs. We recently stayed over at Hotel Eloisa during thanksgiving week (Nov 2007) and I cannot wait to come back to this place. The staffs are great, location is perfect and the rooms are well maintained. We stayed in a suite and what a beautiful layout. It's spacious, beautifully decorated and well furnished. The only complain I have is, there's only one elevator ... but because of that we used the stairs a lot, which was good considering all the food we ate during our vacation. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank OBoogie
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The Hotel Eloisa is a filthy dump in disrepair. The pictures of the hotel and rooms on line were completely misleading, making it look like a decent place to stay. It was not.

The bed was very bad; I tossed and turned all night. A single light bulb in the dirty ceiling fixture was the only light in the room. The bathroom was not clean. The shower stall looked like it was salvaged from a junkyard.

When it rained, there was water in the hallways and stairwells, and the elevator could not be used "for your own safety" when wet. To get around you had to dodge water falling, and puddles and streams of water on the floor. They spread out towells in some places to keep people from falling. Handles missing from the drawers. Lumpy pillows. A hole in the wall.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)